Google Play Games cross-platform multiplayer comes to iOS, stepping up competition with Apple's Game

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 55
    hill60hill60 Posts: 6,992member
    ws11 wrote: »
    Yeah, you might also get viruses because 99.95% of Android devices have them (source: Apple Insider).

Link?
  • Reply 42 of 55
    hill60hill60 Posts: 6,992member
    htc4life wrote: »
    That is a lie and you know it.  Android users do spend money and I am one of them.  In fact Android users are spending more and more money seeing that Android has almost caught up to Apple in terms of developer revenue.  So it is time to leave the old ideas of 2010 behind.

Samsung spend more on marketing in a week than HTC makes in a year...

...looks like the "4LIFE" will not be very long.
  • Reply 43 of 55
    ireland wrote: »
    Because back on Earth half the world uses Android. It's nice to be able compete with everyone and not just iPhones. Apple would do well to provide an Android framework for Game Center. If Google didn't have roughly half the market your comment might make some sense. It's high-time Apple made a simplified WhatsApp-esque iMessage registration process for iPhones and released an Android version of iMessage so Apple devices can massage the other half of the smartphone planet without the need to download a cluster of other shitty apps. Why am I sending you weird symbols in my texts? Oh, I forgot my emoji don't work when I text you. Let's make this experience seamless, Apple, please. And let's crush WhatsApp as it's just getting going. Apple could ripoff WhatsApp's business model and charge $1 per year on Android and charge nothing on iOS. Or seeing as they have the dough and then some make iMessage free everywhere with no ads and better WhatsApp business model.

I don't share your desire for Android versions of iMessage and Game Center.

If you want to get in touch with someone cross-platform, you can ring them, text them or email them. That's three well-established methods. Why do you need yet another? I like iMessage being Apple only, as you can see which of your chums have an Apple device. Game Center tells me that there are just over 280 million users. That's more than enough players to beat! I don't need any more.
  • Reply 44 of 55
    bighype wrote: »
    If you're a developer and you use this Evil Google crap, expect a 1 star review from me. F Google.

I am always wary of apps that are cross-platform and will always prefer an iOS only app, as in my experience they are better, not surprisingly.
  • Reply 45 of 55
    snovasnova Posts: 1,281member

agree with TS. What in it for the developer except a headache and forcing the user to get a Google account? 

seem overly convoluted to me.  iOS App user already has an iOS Game Center account why burden them with getting a Google account? fail.

Keep It Simple Stupid!

• Reply 46 of 55
    apple ][ wrote: »
    And 80% of the world population does not have access to running water.

And ants far outnumber Android users. At any given time, there are approximately 10,000,000,000,000,000 ants on planet earth.

My point is that Android users are irrelevant, and if I'm playing an online game, I would prefer to only play with Apple users.

My reasonable guess is that Android users are more likely to be using a cracked or hacked game, more of them are likely to cheat, and they are also more likely to be using a poor internet connection, with terrible ping times, lowering the quality of the online game for everybody who plays it.

I am definitely pro-segregation, and Android users should not be able to mix with Apple users, when playing online games.

You hold a mirror to my soul.
  • Reply 47 of 55
    patpatpatpatpatpat Posts: 628member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by RedHotFuzz View Post

Wow, talk about vendor lock-in.  Google must have quite the juicy dossier on you now!

Am I concerned? No.

• Reply 48 of 55
    Quote:

Originally Posted by patpatpat View Post

Am I concerned? No.

And Google is very pleased about that.  Unconcerned consumers are their bread & butter.

• Reply 49 of 55
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    redhotfuzz wrote: »

And Google is very pleased about that.  Unconcerned consumers are their bread & butter.

Unfortunately a great many of them are iOS users.
  • Reply 50 of 55
    Quote:

Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post

Unfortunately a great many of them are iOS users.

Yep, I know I was.  Then I kissed my Gmail accounts goodbye, switched to Bing (*shudder*) as my default search engine (DuckDuckGo just isn't quite there yet) and buried Waze after the Google acquisition (*sniff*).  The real question is: how do you get back what Google has already collected on you?  Sadly, you probably don't.

• Reply 51 of 55
    Quote:

I've been a google customer for quite a few years now. Can't say it's made my life any worse, quite the opposite in fact.

• Reply 52 of 55
    Quote:

Quote:

I've been a google customer for quite a few years now. 

You are an advertiser? or are you really the product?

• Reply 53 of 55
    Quote:

Wow HTC4LIFE, you have 8 posts out of the first 30 or so?

Nice (read: not nice) to see the Android evangelism is as alive and well on AppleInsider as on every single other website in existence:mad:

Seriously, we're all fanboys of somebody, but the Android fanatics take fanboyism to an entirely new level.  Ugh.

You are an idiot.

• Reply 54 of 55
    Quote:

Quote:

Am I concerned? No.

more like their grain feed livestock.