Apple releases iOS 7.0.4 to address FaceTime bug, other issues

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 39

Does this address the 'waiting for updates to be applied' bug that's rendered my iPhone 4 nearly useless since updating to iOS7 + iTunes 11.1.3?

This is where the phone progresses through all the stages of synchronising but finally stops and waits forever in iTunes, displaying only 'waiting for updates to be applied'.

And if any Apple engineer is reading this - why does iTunes always tell me changes have been made to my phone and to choose 'apply' or 'don't apply'?

• Reply 22 of 39
    Has no one else noticed iBooks has been updated?! I think it looks much better.
  • Reply 23 of 39
    slurpy wrote: »
    That's great. Howbout fixing the jittery 5 finger close animation? How hard could that be, when the home button has the exact same animation, which is perfect.

You're right that the five finger close animation is a bit jittery, but it's not the same animation as pressing the home button. Home button closes the app back to its location on the home screen, while the five finger close closes it into the middle of the home screen.
  • Reply 24 of 39
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Damn_Its_Hot View Post

I guess its update day at Apple. It appears we are officially in the Whack-A-Mole release stage. This occurs when the engrs are back in 16-18 hr day mode again

In many large software organizations, there is a separate team, usually called sustaining engineering or some variant, that is responsible for post-launch issues. That is, interfacing with customers, verifying bug reports and changes then coming up with a fix in the least intrusive way possible. The development engineers have moved on to the next version, even before launch. So it's not like the engineers go on vacation and come back.

• Reply 25 of 39
    davep68 wrote: »
    Ok. Many fixes. Where the hell is the fix for the IPhone Media Player app that puts the damned cover flow crap on when you try to play a music video full screen when you flip the phone into landscape view?

I will not be happy with iOS anything until they fix that little bit of stupid.

Hold your breath for it. And when you see a bright light, go towards it.
  • Reply 26 of 39
    I don't think the above posted was referring to the OS X version. Safari and a host of other apps crash regularly for me on both my iPad Air and 5S, which I have never experienced on any of my previous iOS devices. I thought clearly the move to 64 bit was causing the instability, but when I hear things like "I haven't had one single crash," that really makes me wonder. My iPad has apps crash quite literally 10 times a day with probably one forced reboot. And that is even with me deliberately hard-resetting it from time to time.
  • Reply 27 of 39
    In fact, just after I wrote this, I went into the Mail app and it crashed. Huzzah.
  • Reply 28 of 39
    snovasnova Posts: 1,281member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by akqies View Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by pazuzu View Post

Safari needs to be fixed fast- I've never had so many crashes on an Apple device.

Ever.

I haven't had Safari in iOS 7 crash even once.

then the OP was right.  he never had so many crashes. ;-)  Ever.

• Reply 29 of 39

amazing they are still updating devices which can not run latest iOS.

• Reply 30 of 39
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Curtis Hannah View Post

I have had about 40 crashes, and 20 other bugs on IOS 7

maybe a HW issue.  haven't had IOS7 crash on any of my devices in the household.  we have  3 iPad4, 2 iPhone 5, 2 iPhone 5s, and 1 iPad Mini.

• Reply 31 of 39
    jfc1138jfc1138 Posts: 3,090member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by snova View Post

maybe a HW issue.  haven't had IOS7 crash on any of my devices in the household.  we have  3 iPad4, 2 iPhone 5, 2 iPhone 5s, and 1 iPad Mini.

Or as some one alluded to above: a particular incompatible APP that this poster likes and uses a lot. OS transitions always catch some software providers behind the curve like that.

• Reply 32 of 39
    If it's all so great why has my wife's iPhone 5c becomes pretty bit of plastic since installing 7,04 unable to do anything frozen in collect to iTunes screen not recognised in iTunes ???????????
  • Reply 33 of 39
    Since installing this update on my ipad 4 the battery is draining incredibly fast. Anyone else seeing this?
  • Reply 34 of 39

since then, i have problems with messages .... said: my message was not delivered 

• Reply 35 of 39
    iOS 7.04 scrambled my contacts - some with address first, name last, some with partials mixed up, but the biggest problem is that my account email address changed 6 months ago and when I try to log into icloud for 'find my iphone' it reverts to the old address and a password I no longer have. Every fix, every story tells me to do this do that, but in the end it ALL requires that I know the password that no longer exists. Even using Apple's "your birthdate" login does not work.
    From my perspective I only see two options: erase everything on my phone or hope that there will be an iOS 7.05 soon and that it will solve this issue. Many have the same issue, none have closure, from what I see. Apple has screwed up again and doesn't see it, apparently.
  • Reply 36 of 39
    Originally Posted by Phoenix381 View Post

Apple has screwed up again and doesn't see it, apparently.

No, this hasn’t happened. Wipe, resync.

• Reply 37 of 39
    Interesting way to ignore the issue or sarcasm Tallest?
  • Reply 38 of 39
    Originally Posted by Phoenix381 View Post

Interesting way to ignore the issue or sarcasm Tallest?

I’m addressing the issue. You’re having problems with the software on your device; wipe the device and reinstall the software. That ought to do it. Tens of millions of people don’t have these problems. They are not problems with iOS 7. iOS 7 wouldn’t be the fastest adopted OS if they were. Reinstall.

• Reply 39 of 39
    With the 7.0.3 version of the Apple air, it was possible to register with the apps store without entering your credit card details. On the 7.0.4a version YOU CAN'T!