Apple boasts of improved cameras, enhanced performance in re-released 'iPad 4'

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 44
    With the iPad 4 at the same price as the iPad Mini w/retina, who would buy the smaller device? I mean, a person would really have to want a smaller iPad in that case? It would seem to me that Apple is planning on adjusting the iPad Mini prices downward to build in a price step, wouldn't you think?

I think women appreciate Minis for their handbags.
  • Reply 42 of 44
    eriamjheriamjh Posts: 1,642member

Perhaps, Apple had plenty of iPad2 screens left to use up before it switched to the iPad4 for the base model?

I would have expected the iPad4 to be the base iPad when the Air launched, but my guess is that my above assumption delayed that switch.  Apple made plenty of money in the meantime.

• Reply 43 of 44
    jfc1138jfc1138 Posts: 3,090member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Benjamin Frost View Post

Everything you described would be better achieved with an iPad, not a larger iPhone. But perhaps you're too poor to afford one.

And for many the LTE variant, with a modest data only plan would be far cheaper overall.

• Reply 44 of 44
    jfc1138jfc1138 Posts: 3,090member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Macky the Macky View Post

With the iPad 4 at the same price as the iPad Mini w/retina, who would buy the smaller device? I mean, a person would really have to want a smaller iPad in that case? It would seem to me that Apple is planning on adjusting the iPad Mini prices downward to build in a price step, wouldn't you think?

Given the very apparent weight difference it can also be a matter of portability. The Mini is definitely easier to be "mobile" with.

(Though not if the iPad Air is being considered, though that's at a steeper cost.)