My incoming email server (smtp.frontier.com) won't download mail to my inbox since I installed 10.9.

Posted:
in macOS edited October 2015

My incoming email server (smtp.frontier.com) won't download mail to my inbox since I installed 10.9. I have updated to 10.9.2, but it still doesn't work. The outgoing server works ok, and the email downloads ok to my iPad and iPhone. Any ideas? Thanks.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,326moderator
    smtp.frontier.com is your outgoing server. Your incoming would be pop3.frontier.com or imap.frontiernet.net, depending on your account type:

http://www.frontierhelp.com/faq.cfm?qstid=88
  • Reply 2 of 7

Yes, my address is @frontier.com, so I have a pop3 account. All settings are correct. The frontier email shows up on my iPad but not my desktop Mac running 10.9.2.

• Reply 3 of 7
    mr. memr. me Posts: 3,221member
    9wbdelong9 wrote: »
    ... All settings are correct. The frontier email shows up on my iPad but not my desktop Mac running 10.9.2.

There are two possible reasons for this:
    1. Your Frontier.com POP3 settings on your Mac are incorrect.
    2. Mail on your iPad is set to delete messages from the Frontier server.
  • Reply 4 of 7

Thanks, but neither possibility has worked out. The pop3 settings are all correct, as determined by both Frontier and Apple Care tech support. And my iPad does not delete messages from the server - that was another possibility we considered and checked out.

It seems to come down to some sort of incompatibility between a recent Frontier/Yahoo upgrade and OS 10.9. 

Thanks again.

• Reply 5 of 7
    I have the same problem since I upgraded to OS X Yosemite 10.10.2. Mail connection doctor shows no problems. I can only get my mail to update if I turn the wi-if off and back on. Works fine on the iPad and iPhone.
    Did you ever find a solution?
  • Reply 6 of 7
    Has anyone had any resolution to not being able to receive frontier mail on the Macbook? I'm having that issue as well. My iPhone 6 does fine but not my Mac. Thanks.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    I have this issue as well. Is there a resolution?
    All my settings are correct and I receive the messages on my iphone (4s) and ipad (iOS10.1.1) but not on my Macbook. Mac version is 10.9.5.  Mail version is 7.3.