Post here if you are interested in Newton

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 23
    sinewavesinewave Posts: 1,074member
    I have personally found no use for a PDA. I am not that important I guess

I could see how a Doctor could come in use of them.. or a college student.
  • Reply 22 of 23
    fran441fran441 Posts: 3,715member
    [quote](well, only greatest if you have a PocketPC) <hr></blockquote>

Any way, I guess people are really going to be upset when they find out that Microsoft is in major takeover talks with Palm. That will just about kill the Palm platform and PocketPC will just make M$ another monopoly (again).

If M$ does buy Palm, they can effectively kill all Palm OS licensing which would drive Handspring out of business, and Sony would have to move quickly to adopt Pocket PC.

Oh well. Pocket PCs might lose a lot of functionallity pretty quickly with Tablet PCs ready to hit the market.
  • Reply 23 of 23
    [quote]Originally posted by iDude:

<strong>I'd like to see a newton forum. Even if there are only a handful of people using them, those people would be pulluting the other forums, so why not give them their own?</strong><hr></blockquote>

hey man, hold it! there are still some 50-100 thousand ppl using the newt. in the vertical markets, the newt is still an unbeatable litte gizmo. yes, LITTLE, since every other PDA implementation ive seen with the same powers is bigger, clunkier, heavier, more expensive and more battery consuming than the newt.

there are plenty of corporations still using the newt and developing soft, not to mention the developers still active. if youre looking for users, i think there are still plenty of us...