Will they let you screw around at the Apple Store ?

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 26
    About the wiping of the hard drives, it couldn't hurt to ask.

I did ask. The Genius said that each computer has its own FireWire HD with a disk image on it.

The disk image is a restore image and is overwritten on whatever is there. It doesn't take any supervision. Plug the drive in, start restore, unplug when it is done.
  • Reply 22 of 26
    nebagakidnebagakid Posts: 2,692member
    Put Apple to the test, they come through with flying (but not flying windows) colors
  • Reply 23 of 26
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    The only problem with doing it over the network is bandwidth. We're talking about several dozen computers grabbing data over thin net or over wireless. The process would take much longer...you wouldn't want to oversee this as a night-shifter. You'd be there till opening hours.
  • Reply 24 of 26
    nebagakidnebagakid Posts: 2,692member
    really? that does not seem right
  • Reply 25 of 26
    [quote]Will they let you screw around at the Apple Store?<hr></blockquote> There might be complaints issues with public indecency; please check your local town and county ordinances. However, robots are typically exempt from said restrictions. The obvious solution is to be a robot.

[ 11-29-2001: Message edited by: Lucky ]</p>
  • Reply 26 of 26
    Yep. You can go screw around. Just yesterday I was there for about 3-hours when my cable service went down. I brought my TiBook in and surfed for a while. When asked "can I help you" I simply replied no thanks, I am just dinkin' around on the internet since my connection went down, he laughed and went on to help another customer. A few days prior I got to talking with a genius and he mentioned a job at the store that will be opening in the coming weeks and that I should put in an app. Who knows, I just might get a job there as long as I don't get booted out for not buying anything. LOL. I practicaly bought the store when it first opened, so I don't think that will happen any time soon.