Philly Mac store via PetitionOnline.com...ALL READ PLEASE

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Here it is. Please help out even if you are not in the area. Thanks and good to be back!

<a href="http://www.PetitionOnline.com/PHMAC/petition.html"; target="_blank">http://www.PetitionOnline.com/PHMAC/petition.html</a>;

[ 11-18-2001: Message edited by: SDW2001 ]

[ 11-18-2001: Message edited by: SDW2001 ]</p>

Comments

• Reply 1 of 32
    Jeez, two signatures? Come on people! Even if you don't live in the area SIGN IT PLEASE!

(I'm going to email this link to some Mac friends...)
  • Reply 2 of 32
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    Do you really think it's gunna do anything?
  • Reply 3 of 32
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    wow. that is dumb. a Philly store is of course coming. why waste your time for something that is definite
  • Reply 4 of 32
    fran441fran441 Posts: 3,715member
    Yeah. That's like making a petition for the G5. It's just going to be a waiting game.
  • Reply 5 of 32
    sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 18,016member
    [quote]Originally posted by applenut:

<strong>wow. that is dumb. a Philly store is of course coming. why waste your time for something that is definite</strong><hr></blockquote>

Your how old now, 16?
  • Reply 6 of 32
    Really, the petition is a bad idea. Drop it.
  • Reply 7 of 32
    [quote]Originally posted by SDW2001:

<strong>

Your how old now, 16?</strong><hr></blockquote>

and that means....??
  • Reply 8 of 32
    quick everyone please sign my petition to guarantee that i'll win the lotto!
  • Reply 9 of 32

<strong>

Your how old now, 16?</strong><hr></blockquote>

What does his age have to do with anything?
  • Reply 10 of 32
    Well I'll tell you what it has to do with:

I don't really think that just because someone is young that they shouldn't have an opinion or shouldn't be listened to, after all, I'm only 26.

But, when Applenut starts making comments like he did above, well, quite frankly who the F**k is he to say that it is a "dumb" idea. Try actually reading the petition and you will see that it says "if such a store is already planned then we ask for its opening to be expedited".

I was just trying to do something positive. And guess what......at 16 Applenut seems to think he knows a whole lot.
  • Reply 11 of 32
    [quote]But, when Applenut starts making comments like he did above, well, quite frankly who the F**k is he to say that it is a "dumb" idea. Try actually reading the petition and you will see that it says "if such a store is already planned then we ask for its opening to be expedited".<hr></blockquote>

He has a right to his own opinion.

[quote] I was just trying to do something positive. And guess what......at 16 Applenut seems to think he knows a whole lot. <hr></blockquote>

Anyone at any age can think that when it isn't true, so I still don't what him being 16 have to do with it.

[ 11-18-2001: Message edited by: EmAn ]</p>
  • Reply 12 of 32
    [quote]

I was just trying to do something positive. And guess what......at 16 Applenut seems to think he knows a whole lot. <hr></blockquote>

4 out of the 5 people who responded in this thread agreed with me. so obviously a lot of people seem to "think they know a whole lot" more than you

[quote]

But, when Applenut starts making comments like he did above, well, quite frankly who the F**k is he to say that it is a "dumb" idea. Try actually reading the petition and you will see that it says "if such a store is already planned then we ask for its opening to be expedited". <hr></blockquote>

I read your petition. It's dumb. Apple doesn't need to tell you what their business plans are. there is no doubt they are going to open a Philly store. they just aren't ready t announce it. perhaps they don't have a specfic location yet. there are better things to waste your time on then petitioning Apple so that they announce that a Philly store will open.

Thanks EmAn for the backup.
  • Reply 13 of 32
    aren't there some <a href="http://www.compusa.com/locations/ne_map.asp?type="; target="_blank">compUSA's</a> near Philly? it would be a lot easier to convince compUSA to get some mac reps in their existing stores (the compUSA near me already has one) than to go off and badger Apple...
  • Reply 14 of 32
    [quote]Originally posted by grand illusion:

<strong>aren't there some <a href="http://www.compusa.com/locations/ne_map.asp?type="; target="_blank">compUSA's</a> near Philly? it would be a lot easier to convince compUSA to get some mac reps in their existing stores (the compUSA near me already has one) than to go off and badger Apple...</strong><hr></blockquote>

There is an Apple Store opening in the Palisades Center mall in West Nyack, NY (from Apple's job posting page) and it's going to be on the 1st floor. The 3rd floor has a CompUSA. So I don't think they are a factor in the location of stores.
  • Reply 15 of 32
    You know what applenut? You started this whole thing by calling it "dumb". And, if you need others to agree with you so you feel justified in your opinions, then so be it.

If you don't like, don't sign it.
  • Reply 16 of 32
    [quote]Originally posted by Willoughby:

<strong>

There is an Apple Store opening in the Palisades Center mall in West Nyack, NY (from Apple's job posting page) and it's going to be on the 1st floor. The 3rd floor has a CompUSA. So I don't think they are a factor in the location of stores.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Actually, the CompUSA is on the 2nd floor, almost right above it and also on that floor is a Circuit City with iMacs and iBooks.

I also couldn't be happier about that Apple Store since I live 10 minutes away from the mall.
  • Reply 17 of 32

<strong>You know what applenut? You started this whole thing by calling it "dumb". And, if you need others to agree with you so you feel justified in your opinions, then so be it.

If you don't like, don't sign it.</strong><hr></blockquote>

I think that you started this by making comments about what he had said and referring to his age which has absolutely nothing to do with anything. I think as we've learned in the past, applenut does not need others to agree with him at all.
  • Reply 18 of 32
    [quote]Originally posted by EmAn:

<strong>

Actually, the CompUSA is on the 2nd floor, almost right above it and also on that floor is a Circuit City with iMacs and iBooks.

I also couldn't be happier about that Apple Store since I live 10 minutes away from the mall.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Mea Culpa. I don't know why I thought it was on the 3rd floor. Its right around the corner from the burger joint where they dance around your table, right? hah

I live about 25 minutes from the Mall yet I'm there just about every weekend. My first stop is always the CompUSA to check out the Macs. I can't wait till the Apple Store opens. There's a hole in the black cardboard covering the outside of the store, so you can look in and see the progress. It looks like something smashed into it. I hope they don't fix it, I like to spy on the construction

• Reply 19 of 32
    [quote]Originally posted by Willoughby:

<strong>

I live about 25 minutes from the Mall yet I'm there just about every weekend. My first stop is always the CompUSA to check out the Macs. I can't wait till the Apple Store opens. There's a hole in the black cardboard covering the outside of the store, so you can look in and see the progress. It looks like something smashed into it. I hope they don't fix it, I like to spy on the construction

</strong><hr></blockquote>

Wow, I thought I was the only one at Palisades who made their first stop CompUSA to go to the Mac section. I was in CompUSA Friday night for a while before I went anywhere else. I also love looking into the Apple Store to see the progress. I think I went to the mall on Wednesday to get a haircut and almost the whole thing was open and it looked like the progress really is coming along good. I hope it opens up sometime soon.

By the way Willoughby , what do you think of the iBook in CompUSA that has almost no keys left and everything under the keyboard is broken and taped up.

[ 11-19-2001: Message edited by: EmAn ]</p>
  • Reply 20 of 32
    I could probably name 100 cities that should get an Apple store before philly, but won't because Apple doesn't have it's international retail plans in order yet. Gee, why doesn't someone start a petition for, ohhh I don't know... London? Paris? Tokyo?

Philly?? Naahhhh!!