DO NOT UPGRADE TO 10.9.2

Posted:
in macOS edited April 2014

I have upgraded to 10.9.2 on my newer Mac Book Pro.  My wireless disconnects without warning.  My thunderbolt display and the connected LaCie drives eject themselves if the system goes to sleep.  My HP Scan wont work... My Dreamweaver doesnt work.  I had to change the permissions for my printer to work.  IF I WANTED THIS I WOULD OWN MICROSOFT NOT APPLE!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 12
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

Upgraded on day one. Works perfectly fine. Not Apple’s problem.

• Reply 2 of 12

The upgrade left the disk in disrepair.  Do a repair mode and SMC reset... sure looks like Apple to me.  THe boards are full of the HP Scan not working and Dreamweaver not working. 

• Reply 3 of 12
    Originally Posted by f2photo View Post

The boards are full of the HP Scan not working and Dreamweaver not working. 

And this is somehow Apple’s problem that third party software broke itself?

• Reply 4 of 12

No but the hard drive needing repair, the drives disconnecting, the 4 to 5 minute boot time, the 30 seconds to 2 minutes to open ANY application while the pinwheel of slowness turns,  the need for an SMC reset and the wireless device disconnecting numerous times all while being passed around Apple support ARE APPLES ISSUE!

I dont mind getting third party upgrades or support for their products. 

This didnt happen with Mountain Lion, Snow Leopard or the first iteration of Maverick or any other Apple product I have owned.  This, to me, signals a steep decline in the trusted Apple model and even more so when they dont support their product line.

• Reply 5 of 12

ARE APPLES ISSUE!

Not really. This is happening to your hardware. Sounds like a clean reinstall will solve everything. Or just wait for 10.9.3.

This, to me, signals a steep decline in the trusted Apple model and even more so when they dont support their product line.

Want some milk to go with that FUDge?

• Reply 6 of 12
    MY hardware is an APPLE MacBook Pro with Maverick installed on it that was running fine until yesterday when an upgrade was done from the APPLE store, but somehow they bear no responsibility and it is my fault it is isn't running? Wrong!
  • Reply 7 of 12

To keep updating this story.  I cleared the NVRAM/PRAM several times.  Eliminated programs that have been on here for a long time.  Cleared everything out of the startup agents, etc.  And I reinstalled the OS.  I can run, but the speed of which is significantly slower than the speed that I was running at before the upgrade.  I am on an early 2011 MacBook Pro that is as loaded as it could be at the point it was bought and it was suggested by support that this was the reason for the slowness.  My three year old laptop cant handle this upgrade.  I am at the point that I cant go back because my programs, as I am told by Apple Support, will most likely not work if I do.  If there had been any warning about degradation in performance I would never have upgraded.   I am very unhappy I was not warned about this before I upgraded.  I wish I had a way to warn others of this....

• Reply 8 of 12

My three year old laptop cant handle this upgrade.

My six year old laptop handled it just fine. 

Just clean reinstall like we told you to.

• Reply 9 of 12

Obviously you did not read the previous post I made.  The OS was reinstalled.  I have found several boards where people are complaining of the same issues as I am finding.  This has upset a good number of people other than myself.

• Reply 10 of 12

The OS was reinstalled.

Then it’s a problem with your local hardware, which is exactly what I initially said when you first started complaining about it.

• Reply 11 of 12

TS, no doubt its hardware. But i really doubt he did a clean install either. If he did, he may not realize that his computer is indexing and it may take a long time to do so and that can really bog the comp down for a while.

regardless, why not go to an apple store in the first place? Maybe he's scared of a professional diagnosis or something.

f2photo, I would bet that apple singled you out of all their user and sent a bug to destroy your hardware upon installing. Thats just the kind of quality to expect from apple, huh? You must be some special person to get that kind of attention from big ole apple.

• Reply 12 of 12

Sorry to hear you are having difficulties. I've upgraded to 10.9.2 and so far I've not experienced any problems. I'm not a fan of clean installs, I prefer to troubleshoot and resolve the problem(s). I have a friend that comes from the Windows world and it seems like his answer to the simplest problem is "reinstall." I've found with my UNIX based systems reinstalling was a word that was not in my vocabulary. Well, unfortunately that luck, if that's what it was, ran out. An install I did in the past year "trashed" my system. After a few days of frustration, I gave up, formatted my drive, did a complete OS reinstall and individual application reinstall. Fortunately, I had a recent  back up, and a dual system running Lion and Mt. Lion. So I was able to recover all my applications. One thing, I now have years of serial #'s in one location. Tracking down those serial codes was the worst part. Ha!

So, my friend, I hope you can resolve your problem, but if not you might have to do the unbearable. If you do, make sure you download all the current drivers and software upgrades upon completion of your OS, and Application installation.

Good Luck,

Eric