Linkin Park uses Macs!

Comments

• Reply 21 of 42
    Oh and I suppose you could sing as good as N'Sync? Send me a tape then.
  • Reply 22 of 42
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    [quote]Originally posted by TigerWoods99:

<strong>applenut: You failed to interpret what he just said.</strong><hr></blockquote>

I intepreted every word he said. don't think you're all that smart. I understood he said that the fact that there songs are only made up of 2-3 chords and so are many stones and beatles songs and shouldn't be used as a basis of musical talent. and I said that was BS because you know damn well the bands he listed blew them away talent wise, wrote better songs, were better musicians, will be remembered and played for ever and Linkin park will be forgotten in a few months.

[quote]Oh and I suppose you could sing as good as N'Sync? Send me a tape then. <hr></blockquote>

sorry, I forgot we had the big boyband fan here.

• Reply 23 of 42
    kaboomkaboom Posts: 286member
    Oh no you didn't!! :eek:

You didn't just put The Beatles in the same category as Stinkin Park? (he he, I made a funny )

I'm so flabbergasted right now I can't even type any more.
  • Reply 24 of 42
    marcukmarcuk Posts: 4,442member
    How can you say the beatles etc are no better than linking park because they wrote 3 powerchord songs, the difference being about 30 years,

Take away Linking Park's Danelectro FUZZ box and they wouldn't have a song in the first place. Its very very easy to make a good exciting sound with these babies, but for people in the know, I like to see *some* creative use of them, I mean how the hell did strumming 8 bars of demi-semi-quavers of the same power chord ever constitute to being talented?
  • Reply 25 of 42
    [quote]please, you can't be affiliated legends with one hit crap<hr></blockquote>One hit? Well let me count all their hits:

1)Papercut

2)One Step Closer

3)Crawling

4)In the End

Hmm... 4 hits already...

[quote]how about you look at lyrical content.<hr></blockquote>Have you listened to Linkin Park's lyrics? I think not.
  • Reply 26 of 42
    LP sucks.

Smarmy, faux-angst, formulaic demi-punk rock.

At least as bad as N*SYNC, who, just for the record, their producer (BT, Brian Transeau, electronica genius) uses macs. Hell, he was in the PBG4 teaser video.

Yeah.

Conclusion: they all lick balls. The only true musical progression being made today is in the jazz, electronic, and indie-rock genres.

everything else = meh.
  • Reply 27 of 42
    Just had to pipe in:

Whether you like Linkin Park's music is all a matter of opinion... but as far as the slams on them as people, I'm gonna have to retort.

A friend of mine became their new bass player a few months ago, and I've been lucky enough to meet a few of the guys. I was honestly astonished at the brains these kids had in their heads! They're all incredibly intelligent, well read, discerning and amazingly analytical.

Just for the record, I think their music is alright... I don't love it or hate it. But you have to know, the guys that are writing it are top shelf human beings.
  • Reply 28 of 42
    applenut: Not a fan, just a realist. Fact is you couldn't sing half as good as them. But they can't sing half as good as Boys II Men or most R&B singers.

One thing I dont know why it doesnt even matter how hard ya try keep that in mind the design is right to explain to do time

Time is a valuable thing watch it fly by as the pendulum swings watch it count down till the end of the day the clock ticks life away

Its so unreal you didnt out below watch the time go right out the window tryin to hold on but ya didnt even know you wasted it all just watch you go

I kept everything inside and even though i tried it all fell apart what it meant to me will eventually be a memory of a time gone by
  • Reply 29 of 42
    It starts with [one]

One thing, I don't know why

It doesn't even matter how hard you try

Keep that in mind i designed this rhyme to explain in due time

All I know

Time is a valuable thing

Watch it fly by as the pendulum swings

Watch it count down to the end of the day

The clock ticks life away

It's so unreal

Didn't look out below

Watch the time go right out the window

Trying to hold on, didn't even know

I wasted it all just to watch you go

I kept everythin inside

And even though I tried

It all fell apart

What it meant to me will eventually be a

memory of a time when i [tried so hard]

Tried so hard and got so far

But in the end, it doesn't even matter

I had to fall to lose it all

But in the end it doesn't even matter

One thing, I don't know why

It doesn't even matter how hard you try

Keep that in mind i designed this rhyme to remind myself how (I tried so hard)

I tried so hard

In spite of the way you were mocking me

Acting like I was part of your property

Remembering all the times you fought with me

I'm surprised it got so [far]

Things aren?t the way they were before

You wouldn?t even recognize me anymore

Not that you knew me back then

But it all comes back to me in the end

I kept everything inside

And even though I tried

It all fell apart

What it meant to me will eventually be a

memory of a time when I [tried so hard]

Tried so hard and got so far

But in the end, it doesn?t even matter

But in the end it doesn?t even matter

I put my trust in you

Pushed as far as I can go

For all this

There?s only one thing you should know

I put my trust in you

Pushed as far as I can go

For all this

There?s only one thing you should know

I tried so hard and got so far

But in the end, it doesn?t even matter

But in the end it doesn?t even matter

good.. ya...

You realize that this makes less sense than an Our Lady peace song*. This is up there with Billy Corgan.

So they are saying, that Time is important, then they lost it all becasue they fell in some completley vauge sense.

So they say nothing, maybe mean something, though it rather reminds me of a low quallity english paper. The lyrics loop as much as the tune, and the tune is only 6 notes.

Now I cant say that I listen to them (listened to this one a bit to see if I liked them, tried listening ot their other stuff, hated it).

I must admit though that I like their delivery, and their foundation, though its very 80's rap(actually I like 80's rap). I also kind of like this hybrid hard rock/rap though I enjoy neither on its own.

[ 11-27-2001: Message edited by: The Toolboi ]

edit: * OLP actually does make sense if you "analyze" it (read it and give it meaning at once, like litterary critics do)

[ 11-27-2001: Message edited by: The Toolboi ]</p>
  • Reply 30 of 42
    With You

I woke up in a dream today

To the cold of the static, and put my cold feet on the floor

Forgot all about yesterday

Remembering I'm pretending to be where I'm not anymore

A little taste of hypocrisy

And I'm left in the wake of the mistake, slow to react

Even though you're so close to me

You're still so distant, and I can't bring you back

Pre chorus:

It's true

The way I feel

Was promised by your face

The sound of your voice

Painted on my memories

Even if you're not with me

I'm with you

You

Now I see

Keeping everything inside

You

Now I see

Even when I close my eyes

I hit you and you hit me back

We fall to the floor, the rest of the day stands still

Fine line between this and that

When things go wrong I pretend the past isn't real

Now I'm trapped in this memory

And I'm left in the wake of the mistake, slow to react

Even though you're close to me

You're still so distant, and I can't bring you back

Pre chorus

Chorus (2x)

No, no matter how far we've come

I can't wait to see tomorrow

No matter how far we?ve come

I can?t wait to see tomorrow

With you

Chorus (3x)

[ 12-01-2001: Message edited by: crawlingparanoia ]</p>
  • Reply 31 of 42
    Pushing Me Away

I've lied to you

The same way that I always do

This is the last smile

That I'll fake for the sake of being with you

Pre chorus:

(Everything falls apart, even the people who never frown eventually break down)

The sacrifice of hiding in a lie

(Everything has to end, you'll soon find we're out of time left to watch it all unwind)

The sacrifice is never knowing

Why I never walked away

Why I played myself this way

Now I see your testing me pushes me away

I've tried like you

To do everything you wanted too

This is the last time

I'll take the blame for the sake of being with you

Pre chorus

Chorus (2x)

We?re all out of time, this is how we find how it all unwinds

Chorus (2x)

Pushes me away?(2x)

------------------------------

There's two great songs you wouldn't know of unless you had the CD.
  • Reply 32 of 42
    Linkin Park does not write their own lyrics nor the music. I know this for a fact, I know a guy at the record label and who's friends with Chester. He [Chester] was confronted by the record label that was "putting together the perfect band" and asked if he wanted to be a part of it... that's the story.
  • Reply 33 of 42
    but they do perform the shstuff given to them in a very nice way, me thinks.
  • Reply 34 of 42
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    [quote]Originally posted by crawlingparanoia:

<strong>Pushing Me Away

I've lied to you

The same way that I always do

This is the last smile

That I'll fake for the sake of being with you

Pre chorus:

(Everything falls apart, even the people who never frown eventually break down)

(Everything has to end, you'll soon find we're out of time left to watch it all unwind)

Why I never walked away

Why I played myself this way

Now I see your testing me pushes me away

I've tried like you

To do everything you wanted too

This is the last time

I'll take the blame for the sake of being with you

Pre chorus

Chorus (2x)

Chorus (2x)

Pushes me away?(2x)

------------------------------

There's two great songs you wouldn't know of unless you had the CD.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Pushing Me Away is definately one of their best songs. I've loved that song since the first time I heard it.
  • Reply 35 of 42
    [quote]One hit? Well let me count all their hits:

1)Papercut

2)One Step Closer

3)Crawling

4)In the End

Hmm... 4 hits already...

<hr></blockquote>

hate to tell you but maybe 2 of those had airplay over a week. face it they are a "one-hit wonder". the other songs are living off the big hit. not that a one hit wonder is bad. many great bands are considered one hit wonders because mainstreamn radio will only pick up on that song but Linkin Park just is not good. there is absolutely nothing special about them.

[quote]Have you listened to Linkin Park's lyrics? I think not.<hr></blockquote>

don't seem anything special to me. Go listen to some Dylan or U2 or Pearl Jam and get back to me about great lyrical content.

[quote]Just had to pipe in:

Whether you like Linkin Park's music is all a matter of opinion... but as far as the slams on them as people, I'm gonna have to retort.

A friend of mine became their new bass player a few months ago, and I've been lucky enough to meet a few of the guys. I was honestly astonished at the brains these kids had in their heads! They're all incredibly intelligent, well read, discerning and amazingly analytical.

Just for the record, I think their music is alright... I don't love it or hate it. But you have to know, the guys that are writing it are top shelf human beings. <hr></blockquote>

that's pretty cool for you friend. good connection to have

[quote]pplenut: Not a fan, just a realist. Fact is you couldn't sing half as good as them. But they can't sing half as good as Boys II Men or most R&B singers.<hr></blockquote>

and none of the bands you mentioned hold a candle to the tons of Motown groups of the 60s.

realist? basing their talent on my singing ability?'
  • Reply 36 of 42
    daverdaver Posts: 496member
    Just popped in to say that I agree with applenut and Jonathan on the quality of Linkin Park's music. Comparing them to the greats makes me cringe, just like when I bump into people who say things like "The Fast and the Furious is the best movie I've ever seen."

It's cool that they use Macs though. Woo!
  • Reply 37 of 42
    I would personally like to thank applenut for moving this thread off topic. Anyway...

applenut, the four songs that I mentioned earlier (papercut, one step closer, crawling, in the end) can all be heard on the radio over here. In fact, "In the End" was Live 105's second most played song this week.(<a href="http://www.live105.com/music/playlist.asp"; target="_blank">linkage</a>)

[quote]Linkin Park does not write their own lyrics nor the music. I know this for a fact, I know a guy at the record label and who's friends with Chester. He [Chester] was confronted by the record label that was "putting together the perfect band" and asked if he wanted to be a part of it... that's the story.<hr></blockquote>

Gee, that's funny. On the inside of the CD cover it says, "All songs written by Linkin Park." Now, maybe I'm wrong, but doesn' that mean they wrote the songs? Hmm... maybe I'm missing something here.

I give up. The point of this thread wasn't to debate musical tastes, it was merely to point out that another band out there uses Macs (something you all should be happy about, regardless of whether you like them or not).

Musical tastes by the way, are all a matter of opinion. I like Linkin Park. I think they are a good band with good music and great lyrics. That is my opinion. So you don't like Linkin Park. So what. That is your opinion. And none of this is what this thread was supposed to be about.
  • Reply 38 of 42
    kaboomkaboom Posts: 286member
    Your opinion is wrong. Get a new one.
  • Reply 39 of 42
    [quote]I would personally like to thank applenut for moving this thread off topic. Anyway...<hr></blockquote>

there was a topic :confused:

[quote]applenut, the four songs that I mentioned earlier (papercut, one step closer, crawling, in the end) can all be heard on the radio over here. In fact, "In the End" was Live 105's second most played song this week.(linkage)<hr></blockquote>

that's nice. you listen to crappy radio then. It's not that hard for a song to become the second most played song on top 40 radio. You have any idea how many times Enrique Iglesias' "hero" has been played? Or that Shakira song? You're going to tell me those are great songs based on the fact that Top 40 radio will play anything with a video and sex appeal constantly?

[quote]

I give up. The point of this thread wasn't to debate musical tastes, it was merely to point out that another band out there uses Macs (something you all should be happy about, regardless of whether you like them or not).<hr></blockquote>

chances are, if your a musician you use a mac. why should we be happy that Linkin Park has the common sense to do the same?

[quote]Musical tastes by the way, are all a matter of opinion. I like Linkin Park. I think they are a good band with good music and great lyrics. That is my opinion. So you don't like Linkin Park. So what. That is your opinion. And none of this is what this thread was supposed to be about.<hr></blockquote>

like them all you want. I like bands that don't have great musical talent. But don't claim they are a great band and my main "beef" was with comparing them to the Beatles and the Stones

I really could care less with who you like. I just said they sucked. Am I not entitled to my own a opinion?
  • Reply 40 of 42
    ok, even I have to admit that that last song posted is pretty decent lyric wize. Ill have to go grab it.

'course it doesnt hold a canda lt othe greats (comparing them to the beatles or stones really isnt fair though).