How Wikipedia's sloppy facts obscured reality in Apple vs. Samsung trial

Comments

• Reply 81 of 170
    Quote:

Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post

So, what's it to you? Why do you even care?

it's entertaining to see droid dorks squirm and cry to their mommies when you hold a mirror in front of their face and they see what losers they are. 

• Reply 82 of 170
    dasanman69 wrote: »
    No one forced you to read it.

Yeah, but it's like a trainwreck, you can't help it, and anyway the iPhone 6/rMBP updates are months out.
  • Reply 83 of 170
    worng- they hate apple because they are poor piss ants. That ain't no shit. Droid dorks who come here and bad mouth apple or try to defend samescum and android<span style="line-height:22px;"> </span>
    <span style="line-height:1.4em;">are the biggest losers there have ever been. I am looking right at those droid dorks and they damn well know it, too. if they </span>
    don't<span style="line-height:1.4em;"> get it I will just keep beating it into their thick fucking skulls with a brick.</span>

I expect to be hated by people who are lesser than me. I shove it in their low life faces and there is nothing they can dip but cry to their mommies. And do they ever! They can't defend themselves against a dominant force like me. I am that bad ass mother fucker that is chasing you in your nightmares bitches. In the end I will piss on their graves.
    <span style="line-height:1.4em;"> ALL th</span>
    <span style="line-height:1.4em;">at choose to use android fall into that category. </span>

<span style="line-height:1.4em;">Have a splendid evening..</span>
    :)

If you were looking for proof that education reform is long overdue, here's this nugget of... gold.
  • Reply 84 of 170
    Quote:

Originally Posted by DeanSolecki View Post

He's just trying to prove how subtle, fair-minded, and gracious Apple users are.

I've always brushed off people giving me a hard time for being an "Apple fanboi," but this sort of stuff makes you think, "Oh. Right. Those people. They're the ones that are ruining it for the rest of us."

I will never be described as subtle. Subtle is a word to you would use to describe a wuss.

Are you sure you want to jump into the "i need a brick to the head from the Dog" crowd?

If so I am here to oblige.

• Reply 85 of 170
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    it's entertaining to see droid dorks squirm and cry to their mommies when you hold a mirror in front of their face and they see what losers they are. 

You are what you hate.
  • Reply 86 of 170
    Quote:

If you were looking for proof that education reform is long overdue, here's this nugget of... gold.

I have a higher education than you goof ball

• Reply 87 of 170
    Quote:

You are what you hate.

I didn't directly call anyone a name dasanwoman69. I will be in your nightmares tonight

• Reply 88 of 170
    I have a higher education than you goof ball

I guess you were absent the day they taught diplomacy.
  • Reply 89 of 170
    dasanman69 wrote: »

And most likely the days that they highlighted some of the finer points of say, grammar and punctuation.

But even if it were the case that he had a PhD, it would only be proving my original point that much more emphatically. I'd be inclined to say, as forcefully as fists of ham pounding away at a keyboard on an Apple forum. ;)
  • Reply 90 of 170
    Quote:

diplomacy is just a cry for help romr the weak.  

Badasses use it before they rip the heart out of their adversary only if they have to for political gain. 

no politics here boy, Just an old fashioned slap to the ear

• Reply 91 of 170
    Quote:

And most likely the days that they highlighted some of the finer points of say, grammar and punctuation.

But even if it were the case that he had a PhD, it would only be proving my original point that much more emphatically. I'd be inclined to say, as forcefully as fists of ham pounding away at a keyboard on an Apple forum. image

Well squirrel bait, at the same time that my fingers are lightly caressing a fret or keyboard they would be reshaping your skull into a flatter shape than it is already.

And **** you over punctuation and grammer. Seriously, is that the best you can muster?

• Reply 92 of 170
    zoolookzoolook Posts: 657member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by RogueDogRandy View Post

worng- they hate apple because they are poor piss ants. That ain't no shit. Droid dorks who come here and bad mouth apple or try to defend samescum and android are the biggest losers there have ever been. I am looking right at those droid dorks and they damn well know it, too. if they don't get it I will just keep beating it into their thick fucking skulls with a brick.

I expect to be hated by people who are lesser than me. I shove it in their low life faces and there is nothing they can dip but cry to their mommies. And do they ever! They can't defend themselves against a dominant force like me. I am that bad ass mother fucker that is chasing you in your nightmares bitches. In the end I will piss on their graves.

ALL that choose to use android fall into that category. 

Have a splendid evening..:)

I really hope that was genius satire...

• Reply 93 of 170

^ nope...

• Reply 94 of 170
    Delete
  • Reply 95 of 170

I see our friends from Seoul and Mountain View are out in force tonight.  DED must have hit a nerve.  

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frood View Post

The lamestream tech press is biased against Apple.  If you want fair and balanced factual reporting that isn't grossly slanted toward one perspective, come to Apple Insider!

Quote:
    Originally Posted by cnocbui View Post

You have to wonder why didn't DED just correct these erring articles if it is so important.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by PaulMJohnson View Post

Yeah I know.  The time spent creating this article could have been spent correcting the Wikipedia page, assuming it's of any importance at all.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by PaulMJohnson View Post

How will this "shame" Wikipedia?

Do you think Jimmy Wales will read this and have a sudden epiphany that a community curated encyclopedia is a bad idea?  The whole point of Wikipedia is that people who supposedly know more about a topic have the freedom to correct errors.  By complaining about it on another website you completely defeat the purpose of it.

Everyone (at least, everyone with any brain), knows not to trust Wikipedia as a single source for knowledge.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by iMember View Post

Awesome article DED, Thank you for this! wikipedia is biased.. just now used it and i can give some expamples like Wolverine (comicbooks): last time i checked Wolverine's Adamantium was virtually indestructible not near-indestructibl, is also an antihero not just a superhero and who'd the heck is James Howlett no i didn't read 2002 Wolverine comicbook or watch that terrible movie, even now i remember when iPhone 5 launched apple maps was all over wikipedia page

Quote:
    Originally Posted by cnocbui View Post

You are too logical.  That would deprive DED/Corrections of ammunition in his ongoing rail against Samsung - who are so terrible that Apple themselves seem to be doing ever more business with them as time passes.  Fixing the article would just remove one more picturesque windmill from the landscape for Don Quixote to tilt his lance at.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Lord Amhran View Post

How the hell is this even worthy of an article?

• Reply 96 of 170
    jfanningjfanning Posts: 3,398member
    Can you outline a few DED "reality obscuring" problems? There are literally hundreds of DED articles up on a wide range of subjects, so it should be easy for you to find and describe lots of serious problems if DED can outline half a dozen major problems in a single Wikipedia article. Or are you simply creating a false equivalency and not backing up your accusations with any facts in a lazy effort to discredit actual journalism?

That’s not something to be proud of. 

Daniel, why do you refer to yourself in the third person when you post under the Corrections user?
  • Reply 97 of 170
    iaeeniaeen Posts: 588member
    worng- they hate apple because they are poor piss ants. That ain't no shit. Droid dorks who come here and bad mouth apple or try to defend samescum and android<span style="line-height:22px;"> </span>
    <span style="line-height:1.4em;">are the biggest losers there have ever been. I am looking right at those droid dorks and they damn well know it, too. if they </span>
    don't<span style="line-height:1.4em;"> get it I will just keep beating it into their thick fucking skulls with a brick.</span>

<span style="line-height:1.4em;"> ALL th</span>
    <span style="line-height:1.4em;">at choose to use android fall into that category. </span>

<span style="line-height:1.4em;">Have a splendid evening..</span>
    :)

LOL! Is this guy for real?

Seriously, are you 12, or what?
  • Reply 98 of 170
    elrothelroth Posts: 1,201member
    Quote:

Last I checked some of Samsung's devices cost just as much as Apple's, and in some cases more.

And those are precisely the ones that don't sell. The Samsung (and other Android) phones that sell are the cheap ones, as this site has pointed out (with the numbers to back it up) many times.

• Reply 99 of 170
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    elroth wrote: »
    And those are precisely the ones that don't sell. The Samsung (and other Android) phones that sell are the cheap ones, as this site has pointed out (with the numbers to back it up) many times.

There seems to be plenty of evindence that Samsung's flagship phones sell very well. From their domination of the Android-based device profits, to them being the other cellphone vendor making any real money besides Apple, too independent reports — posted right here on AI recently — of the Samsung Galaxy S4 being either the 2nd or 3rd most popular device on the US' four major carriers.
  • Reply 100 of 170
    elrothelroth Posts: 1,201member

Yeah. I've never trusted that guy either.

It's obvious by your comments that you live in your own fantasy world.