Questionable 'iPhone 6' prototype shows protruding camera, lacks Apple's 'True Tone' flash

Comments

• Reply 41 of 78
    rogifan wrote: »
    So what different design are you expecting? Colored plastic sure didn't go over well.

Well first of all… According to recent articles I've been reading both here and on other websites, the 5C really isn't a failure depending on how you look at the sales figures and statistics.

This is another story, but IMHO, the reason why not many people are buying the 5c is because the 5s is too much more of an attractive piece of hardware to compete with for only $100 difference in price point.

As far as design of the new phone.

All screen size rumors aside… All I can say is That I'd bet my house… That I do not own (lol)… It will not look like a 5S.
  • Reply 42 of 78
    The iPod Classic still has the click wheel. And the PowerMac G5 design carried over to the Mac Pro.

Sure. And I bet the new iPhone 6 will have similarities to a 5s....
    You know ..like ..the home button...sleep button....mute switch....true tone flash ....but the overall design will not look like a 5s.

Again my opinion yet... Consistently It changes very 2 years to a New hardware overhaul designed model which I am excited for.
  • Reply 43 of 78
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    Are we still on those lies?
    I was mostly referring to people who post on sites like this.
  • Reply 44 of 78
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    Sure. And I bet the new iPhone 6 will have similarities to a 5s....
    You know ..like ..the home button...sleep button....mute switch....true tone flash ....but the overall design will not look like a 5s.

Again my opinion yet... Consistently It changes very 2 years to a New hardware overhaul designed model which I am excited for.
    The overall design IMO will look like a 5th gen iPod touch.
  • Reply 45 of 78
    This is complete BS.

The design is way too similar to the 5s. Johnny Ive and the team are not gonna release an iPhone with the same design 3 years in a row.

Corrected. Thanks TallestSkill
    ;)
  • Reply 46 of 78
    xgmanxgman Posts: 159member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Marc Rogoff View Post

This looks more plausible in terms of a design http://www.cultofmac.com/272386/iphone-6-rendered-based-upon-leaked-schematics-beautiful-gallery/

Not to me, that one looks way too thin to house much of anything other than the display.

• Reply 47 of 78
    radarthekatradarthekat Posts: 3,842moderator
    Quote:

Originally Posted by THEMAC1NT0SH View Post

It's either completely fake or a new revised iPod Touch.

That's exactly what I thought upon reading this article.  The lack of the true-tone flash, in and of itself, would lead one to that conclusion.   having said that, it's considerably wider than the current iPod touch/iPhone.  Doing some rough on screen measurements by scaling the image so that the lightning connector on my iPhone 5 matches the size of the lightning connector in the image, the width is about 0.5" wider (discounting the rounded edge of an iPod versus the flat edge that my iPhone has).  Adding 0.5" to the width and assuming all of that goes to the display and not to wider side bezels, that implies a height increase of 0.5"/9*16, or about 0.875", again, all given to the display.  This would result in a display with dimensions of 4.42" by 2.46" with a diagonal measurement of 5.06", close enough to 5" given my crude measurement of the onscreen image in this article.  Interesting.

• Reply 48 of 78
    slurpy wrote: »
    What a ridiculous statement. The fundamental design of the iPhone hasn't really changed since 2007. It simply goes through major enhancements every revision, but the overall iconic shape remains. I see no reason this will change, they're not gonna come up with a significantly different shape simply for the hell of it. They will refine and enhance what they have, which is what they should do. Same thing that's done with Macbooks, iMacs, iPads, etc. 

Oh come on, this sentence "The fundamental design of the iPhone hasn't really changed since 2007. It simply goes through major enhancements every revision"...is bit of a contradiction to say.

You basically saying that it has changed without changing.

My point is that it would not look the same as last years phone.

Visually… Aesthetically… And internally… This phone will look different.

So it doesn't matter what you think a "fundamental design" of an iPhone is…

Whether that means the home button, the rounded corners, the rectangle shape, the touchscreen interface, these may all be the staples, the cornerstone of all iPhones, but it doesn't mean it's design is not changed.

Take a side comparison of the original iPhone the iPhone 3G, the iPhone 4, and the iPhone 5 and you will see how different materials are used, different mathematics for the design different weight, feel, and thickness…

These are all designs that have changed radically every 2 years with the exception of the 3G which came out the next year.

I do understand what you are saying but, if I was to think your way..... I could also say ALL touch screen phones are no different from each other in design.

Now you do realize how Ridiculous of the statement that would be to say.
  • Reply 49 of 78
    rhyderhyde Posts: 294member
    "lack of the dual-LED True Tone flash setup found in the iPhone 5s"

Though I suspect this is a fake image, the lack of two distinct LEDs is not a tell-tale sign. LED manufacturers are incorporating multiple-colored LEDs in an individual package (e.g., for LED stage lights) and this is exactly the kind of technology I would expect Apple to use to reduce the size of the LED (to make room for something else).
  • Reply 50 of 78
    It's either completely fake or a new revised iPod Touch.

My money's on a larger iPod Touch... Apple has to do something with the iPod Touch as it is squeezed under the iPad Mini now, with no where to go... so Apple may enhance the shit out of it to give it a place in the lineup of its own... Maybe give it a phone capability of some kind. Not exactly a better iPod, but not exactly a iPhone competitor either.
  • Reply 51 of 78
    Quote:

Originally Posted by techguy911 View Post

The iPhone doesn't need to be any thinner.  If depth room can be saved internally, please make the battery larger.  I'd rather have 2 days of charge.

Amen.  The 4/4S had the perfect amount of heft.  The 5/5S feels too insignificant/insecure in the hand.  Please don't make the 6 even thinner!

• Reply 52 of 78
    lightknightlightknight Posts: 2,312member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by StepanyanMurady View Post

I'm not sure if Jony Ive uses Windows XP to design his best products.. If so, I'm surpr%u2026 No, no way, it's impossible:) It's like Tim Cook with LG G2 on Apple keynotes! 120% fake.

Could be a Windows machine at a workstation in a chinese plant. Ive doesn't do ALL the manufacturing alone, I hear.

I call BS on this, or at least iPod Touch, but not because of XP.

Also... MS is the worst D&D player in the world, so many years spent farming XP only to gain a useless level in Vista. Sad.

• Reply 53 of 78
    lightknightlightknight Posts: 2,312member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Macky the Macky View Post

My money's on a larger iPod Touch...  Maybe give it a phone capability of some kind. Not exactly a better iPod, but not exactly a iPhone competitor either.

A iPod Touch with phone capability is an iPhone, by definition.

A larger iPod Touch with phone capability is a Phablet iPhone, by definition.

I don't think "with phone capability" fits here.

• Reply 54 of 78
    emesemes Posts: 239member

Anyone else think it looks a bit like the HTC One?

Oh, and btw, TS, I'm flattered

• Reply 55 of 78
    nikon133nikon133 Posts: 2,600member
    richlo wrote: »

Why is the design factory looking at iPhone schematics in Microsoft Word on Windows XP?

Not necessarily Word. Could be Visio, Projects...
    ddawson100 wrote: »
    Designing next-gen of iPhone using Windows XP? Makes it hard to believe.

Well... Apple products are designed in US, right? But when it comes to manufacturing plants in China, I'd be surprised to learn that they are using Mac Pros. Or any other Macs. Or even latest Microsoft Windows software/hardware. In fact, Windows XP kind of sounds about right.
  • Reply 56 of 78
    bobschlobbobschlob Posts: 1,074member

I'm going to be really bummed if I can't stand my iPhone up on it's edge to watch videos, read stuff, alarm clock, or use all the apps that are meant to utilize the flat edge, end, or flat back of the iPhone. Rounded edges waste internal space as well.

• Reply 57 of 78
    hittrj01hittrj01 Posts: 753member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by StephanJobs View Post

This is complete BS.

The design is way too similar to the 5s. Johnny Ive and the team are not gonna release something with the same design 3 years in a row.

Just like the 5 was WAY too similar to the 4S.....

• Reply 58 of 78
    Quote:

Originally Posted by hittrj01 View Post

Just like the 5 was WAY too similar to the 4S.....

Hmm, I found the 5 dramatically different from the 4S (and not in a good way).  :(

• Reply 59 of 78
    ingelaingela Posts: 217member

Nope. We have already seen what it will look like from the leaked back plate from a few weeks ago.

• Reply 60 of 78
    georgeip5georgeip5 Posts: 225member
    The computer running windows!!! And it kind looks like the HTC One