Apple's fiscal Q2 earnings call scheduled for Apr. 23

Posted:
in AAPL Investors edited April 2014
Apple on Monday announced it will reveal quarterly earnings results for the second fiscal quarter of 2014 on Apr. 23, with the usual question and answer session to follow directly thereafter.

The upcoming earnings session was announced on Apple's Investor Relations webpage. Company CEO Tim Cook and CFO Peter Oppenheimer are expected to take part in the conference call that will cover the three months ending in March.

In its conference call for the first quarter of 2014, Apple reported record iPhone and iPad sales fueled by holiday sales of new products in from each category. Of note, new partnerships with China Mobile and NTT DoCoMo boosted iPhone growth for Asia, an important region for Apple.

Overall, the first quarter of 2014 brought net profits of $13.1 billion on $57.6 billion in revenue. Broken down by device, Apple moved 51 million iPhones, 26 million iPads and 4.8 million Macs during the three-month period ending in December.

The company's guidance for the upcoming quarter was pegged at being between $42 billion and $44 billion, compared to actual revenue of $43.6 billion in the year-ago quarter.

A live-stream of the earnings call will be made available on Apple's investor webpage starting at 2 p.m. PDT/5 p.m. EDT. AppleInsider will be providing live coverage of the investor event.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 12
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member

Tim: "We made a lot...and I'm talking a lot... of money this quarter."

• Reply 2 of 12
    bobschlobbobschlob Posts: 1,074member
    Not feelin' all warm and fuzzy here...
  • Reply 3 of 12
    Quote:

Originally Posted by BobSchlob View Post

Have you tried wearing a sweater?

• Reply 4 of 12
    e1618978e1618978 Posts: 6,075member

This is the first quarter where the iPhone 5S and the iPads are selling without any manufacturing constraint, and where we get real data about iPhones in China.  According to yahoo, analyst estimates are 43.55B revenue and 10.13/share earnings.

• Reply 5 of 12

So, 23 days to post un-realistic expectation numbers before another surprising Apple quarter is announced.

• Reply 6 of 12
    bobschlobbobschlob Posts: 1,074member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

Quote:

Have you tried wearing a sweater?

Just makes me itchy.

• Reply 7 of 12
    jakebjakeb Posts: 562member

We can only hope that analysts have embarrassed themselves so many times by overhyping expectations that they will finally realize that AAPL is serious when they say they're going to come in within a range. 

• Reply 8 of 12
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,727member
    jakeb wrote: »
    We can only hope that analysts have embarrassed themselves so many times by overhyping expectations that they will finally realize that AAPL is serious when they say they're going to come in within a range. 

I just find it weird that AAPL ends up being valued on the basis of how well a bunch of morons guess as to Apple's sales / profits / new ideas etc. rather than the facts.
  • Reply 9 of 12
    I just find it weird that AAPL ends up being valued on the basis of how well a bunch of morons guess as to Apple's sales / profits / new ideas etc. rather than the facts.

No one knows the numbers yet, but the analysts have their stories already to send to the editors. Just a few blanks to fill in but otherwise Apple is clearly doomed and Blackberry is planning a hostile takeover. As a muffled voice on a call out of Canada was heard to say, "Gonna poach the whole lot of Apple engineers in one fell swoop. Gonna wake 'em up." /s
  • Reply 10 of 12

Morons? These weasels with their combined efforts are able to manipulate the stock price of the most valuable company in the world.
  • Reply 11 of 12
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

Just makes me itchy.

Aw, man, I can’t stand an itchy schlob, either.

• Reply 12 of 12
    Quote:

Just makes me itchy.

Try a vest.