Questionable 'iPhone 6' prototype shows protruding camera, lacks Apple's 'True Tone' flash

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 78
    gwmacgwmac Posts: 1,807member

I have no better idea what the iPhone 6 will or will not look like than anyone else here. I am sure we will have a dozen more purported leaked and fuzzy photos prior to the actual release. I like the design of the 5s as I did with the 4, 4S, and 5 since they are essentially all the same design more or less with a few minor tweaks. But after 4 generations I would be happy if they can make it look different. Now I am the first to say that change just for the sake of change is not a good idea so if they make changes I am betting that there will be good reasons to do so. The 3GS actually felt better in the hand to hold to me so perhaps a little more attention to ergonomics with the design. I think HTC got a few things right like dual front facing speakers. How many of you have to cu your hands over the iPhone speaker to increase the volume sometimes. I also prefer the tapered back over the flat one of the iPhone since that slides in and out of pockets easier and is more comfortable to hold in my opinion since those angular edges of the iPhone can cut into your hand if you hold it a while. The iPhone looks premium and is premium with build quality, but there is a lot they could do to make holding it more comfortable. 

In addition to a larger display I hope the bezel especially on the forehead decreases. I think the 5s is already extremely thin so I am not clamoring for one any thinner version but I sure hear a lot of people asking for better battery life. If they kept it the same or even made it thicker and explained that would give an extra 50% battery life I don't think too many would complain. I have been forced to but battery cases for my 4s, 5, and now 5s to be able to use my phone all day so I hope the iPhone 6 will be the first that allows me to skip a battery case and instead by a translucent clear case that will show it off for a change. So count me in for someone that hopes for a completely new design. The 4-5s design worked well but 4  years with essentially the same design is long enough. 

• Reply 62 of 78
    I've got some Ocean Front Property in Arizona, If you'll buy that i'll throw the Golden Gate in for free......LMAO

Extruding camera!!!!! STFU....LOL
  • Reply 63 of 78
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    georgeip5 wrote: »
    The computer running windows!!!

Apple's suppliers and manufactures use various version of Windows extensively. It would be more shocking to find out that all their machines are run off Macs.
  • Reply 64 of 78
    georgeip5georgeip5 Posts: 225member
    That I know big if it's a prototype it's not gonna be in the productions phase, it's gotta go threw FCC and it's probably sitting in the Design Studio with Jonthan Ive. Well I can't wait.
  • Reply 65 of 78
    pmzpmz Posts: 3,433member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ddawson100 View Post

Designing next-gen of iPhone using Windows XP? Makes it hard to believe.

Seeing anything BUT windows XP in a factory would be hard to believe.

• Reply 66 of 78
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    georgeip5 wrote: »
    That I know big if it's a prototype it's not gonna be in the productions phase, it's gotta go threw FCC and it's probably sitting in the Design Studio with Jonthan Ive. Well I can't wait.

Does the FCC test phase have to use the final device casing or can it just use the final board or portions of the board that emit RF?
  • Reply 67 of 78
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Suddenly Newton View Post

Has nobody considered the possibility that Apple may have found a way to get true tone into a single aperture?

You're talking way beyond the scope of the average article responder.

• Reply 68 of 78
    solipsismx wrote: »
    Does the FCC test phase have to use the final device casing or can it just use the final board or portions of the board that emit RF?
    I guess it depends, the components are really what maters but iPhone also uses the chasy as an airial (From what I've heard)
  • Reply 69 of 78
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Grey Silvy View Post

I've got some Ocean Front Property in Arizona, If you'll buy that i'll throw the Golden Gate in for free......LMAO

Extruding camera!!!!! STFU....LOL

Why is it so hard to believe?

Looking at my 5s right now...in its leather case that Apple made for it....

If the camera extruded a millimeter or two, I would never notice, nor would it affect my usage at all. I know Apple bloggers supposedly don't put their phones in cases (whatever)...but seriously, it would not affect me (or most) iPhone users in any way.

It certainly wouldn't affect sales of the device.

So really...where is the all the anxiety over it coming from? It is nothing but a silly pet peeve on the part of designer wannabes.

• Reply 70 of 78
    pizdecpizdec Posts: 23member
    Is that SD card slot shown in right top corner?
  • Reply 71 of 78
    slurpyslurpy Posts: 5,384member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by pizdec View Post

Is that SD card slot shown in right top corner?

Really?

• Reply 72 of 78
    hittrj01 wrote: »
    Just like the 5 was WAY too similar to the 4S.....

Huh? Did you mean 5 way too similar to the 5s?

Becuase the iPhone 4 and 5 are quite different.

Either way my point is ...and This should be obvious to everyone here....evey 2 years a new physical design will follow with new features.

Every year there are new features but not a new cosmetic design.

What is going here today on these forums?

How come there is so much confusion about this issue?
  • Reply 73 of 78
    pizdecpizdec Posts: 23member
    That towards bottom right in the back of the phone appears to be a pulse sensor?
  • Reply 74 of 78
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    Huh? Did you mean 5 way too similar to the 5s?

Becuase the iPhone 4 and 5 are quite different.

Either way my point is ...and This should be obvious to everyone here....evey 2 years a new physical design will follow with new features.

Every year there are new features but not a new cosmetic design.

What is going here today on these forums?

How come there is so much confusion about this issue?
    Yes and the new iPhone will most likely look like an iPod touch or iPad, which is what we saw in these photos.

But since you keep banging on about new design, what are you expecting? A phone made completely out of sapphire glass? Liquidmetal ? Back to black and white plastic?
  • Reply 75 of 78
    rogifan wrote: »
    Yes and the new iPhone will most likely look like an iPod touch or iPad, which is what we saw in these photos.

But since you keep banging on about new design, what are you expecting? A phone made completely out of sapphire glass? Liquidmetal ? Back to black and white plastic?

Lol

Actually, I expect them to ...try ....Mr. Bond.

Nobody's "banging" about anything.

My first post simply stated, and it's just my opinion, that there is no way the iPhone 6 will look so similar to an iPhone 5.

The history of Apple's iPhone release schedules and model designs suggest I'm right.

It's a competitive market and many already think a new design evey two years is a weakness of Apple.

I would think a different design every year is expecting to much, but waiting 3 years is out if the question.

I am not expecting any radical holographic display, liquid metal casing, bendable display, syminiphias tubenoldio buttnoids contours...
    Or any other futuristic craziness.

If I had to put it into words (not that I haven't already) I'd say simply say that it will share characteristics with past iPhones… But will look different than the iPhone 5.

I expect a simple, classy, elegant design from Jony Ive.

That is all.
  • Reply 76 of 78
    fallenjtfallenjt Posts: 4,054member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by TeaEarleGreyHot View Post

Dood, you're Engrish locks!

Sure, I'm not "Engrish" native speaker and typed this on a phone, so misspelling was expected. Still, you understood it, didn't you? That matters. This forum is not only for native "Engrish" speakers, but everyone else. BTW, I earned my graduate degree and make 6-digit salary in the US with this "Engrish" too. So what? You native tongue sounds good in your native "Engrish", so you're proud to troll other non-native speakers? What is your education level, under-high school grad?  

• Reply 77 of 78
    It's looks like a dud. Or a really proto prototype. Cause there no Truetone , it has that aluminum ring that the iPhone 5 and lower has and was discontinued to match with iOS 7 because the style was iOS 6. Another thing is that the sleep/wake button is on the side. Jonathan Ive, wouldn't do that. Steve Jobs wouldn't approve. The corners looks good. Just the chasy I'd like to see the glass plates on the back like the 5/5s and the Apple logo to light up like the MacBooks.