Obama administration upset over alleged Samsung 'selfie' publicity stunt

Comments

• Reply 21 of 46
    icoco3icoco3 Posts: 1,474member

That is what handlers are for...to vet people and their intentions.  But President Obama portrays his "hipness" so he should take it like a man.

• Reply 22 of 46
    kibitzerkibitzer Posts: 1,114member
    Ah, the Samsung theft of the day. Must be short of patents to infringe this week.
  • Reply 23 of 46
    pazuzupazuzu Posts: 1,728member
    frankie wrote: »
    After Bush I'm not sure it's possible to "degrade the office any lower."

Culturally it's at rock bottom with his celebrity plastered all over TV pushing Obamacare to the masses. It's a Kartrashian presidency.
  • Reply 24 of 46
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    j1h15233 wrote: »
    Heaven forbid we mistreat prisoners. they deserve the best things in life

Are you honestly saying that a prisoner shouldn't have any rights or that laws shouldn't be followed when dealign with prisoners? :???:
  • Reply 25 of 46
    jfc1138jfc1138 Posts: 3,090member

"Obama obliged, while one of Ortiz's Red Sox teammates yelled "cha-ching" in the background, mimicking the sound of a cash register."

Ah the sacrifices such underpaid baseball players need to go to to feed their entourages. His team knew he was cashing in.

• Reply 26 of 46
    quinneyquinney Posts: 2,528member

With those sun glasses on my first look made me wonder why he was hugging up to either a spook or one of his Secret Service detail -- then I noticed the beard and the lack of a lapel pin.

"Spook"? That is an unfortunate word to have used. :no:
  • Reply 27 of 46
    macinthe408macinthe408 Posts: 1,050member
    Apple's losing social awareness ground to Samsung.

A superior product that whispers will eventually be outdone by an inferior one that yells.
  • Reply 28 of 46
    Quote:

Originally Posted by macinthe408 View Post

Apple's losing social awareness ground to Samsung.

A superior product that whispers will eventually be outdone by an inferior one that yells.

An inferior product that screams, "look at me, look at me, me cool!" [sic].

• Reply 29 of 46
    silenciosilencio Posts: 134member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by quinney View Post

"Spook"? That is an unfortunate word to have used. image

"Spook" is also slang for a spy / CIA operative. But yes, it has another, derogatory meaning.

• Reply 30 of 46
    maestro64maestro64 Posts: 5,043member

Okay for once the Samsung hire Celeb did not use an Apple product, over Samsung, but they caught the attend of the US government. How smart are they, and this ball player can beat he is now on the do not allow list the government keeps.

• Reply 31 of 46
    atlappleatlapple Posts: 496member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

Are you honestly saying that a prisoner shouldn't have any rights or that laws shouldn't be followed when dealign with prisoners? image

They aren't afforded the same rights because they are not citizens of this country. They are war criminals and they are lucky the US doesn't just put them to death. A US citizen is the only person that has rights under US law. The biggest problem is this country goes to war to try and spread democracy and to nation build, which is a joke and only costs lives. 

• Reply 32 of 46
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    atlapple wrote: »
    They aren't afforded the same rights because they are not citizens of this country. They are war criminals and they are lucky the US doesn't just put them to death. A US citizen is the only person that has rights under US law. The biggest problem is this country goes to war to try and spread democracy and to nation build, which is a joke and only costs lives. 

Not the 'same' rights, but most certainly entitled to 'some' rights.
  • Reply 33 of 46
    normmnormm Posts: 653member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by pazuzu View Post

Stupid POTUS.

Once again degrades the office.

I guess it was inevitable that the Obama hate would come out here.  Why is it that the most ignorant and incompetent people are so sure of themselves, and so full of hate?  For a scientist who values objectivity and trying hard to deal with reality, this is by far the worst time I've ever lived in, politically.

• Reply 34 of 46
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member

1) Ireland stated "illegal prisons" which I would assume includes military prisons but I don't see why you'd exclude all other prisons on US soil that contain US citizens. Do you how how awful the "business" of incarceration is in the US? It's been over 150 years since we ended slavery but we seem to have replaced that with a mostly "black" population of convicts. Why ignore that?

2) There are plenty of American detainees in military prisons but your statement suggests they should be stripped of their rights.

3) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geneva_Conventions (but it's Wikipedia so this document is probably false¡)
  • Reply 35 of 46
    crowleycrowley Posts: 10,453member
    A US citizen is the only person that has rights under US law.
    Remind me to never be a tourist in that old US of A over there.
  • Reply 36 of 46
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    crowley wrote: »
    Remind me to never be a tourist in that old US of A over there.

Love to have you. We're a fine bunch of yokels over here.
  • Reply 37 of 46

Wait until nightfall. That's when the anti-American trolls come out to play.

• Reply 38 of 46
    georgeip5georgeip5 Posts: 225member
    He hates samsung. Haha :) Orbotix took a video of him using Sphero and he had a iPhone 4s in his hands. It's still on YouTube. And he said if it wasn't for the secret service, he'd have iPhone. Any what might not be true but I think it's kind of funny
  • Reply 39 of 46
    crowleycrowley Posts: 10,453member
    Wait until nightfall. That's when the anti-American trolls come out to play.
    Wait for a bit of patriotism mocking banter, that's when the over sensitive paranoiacs come out to play.

No one was being anti-American.
  • Reply 40 of 46
    hmmhmm Posts: 3,405member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by pazuzu View Post

Stupid POTUS.

Once again degrades the office.

There's no reason to idolize politicians. It doesn't matter what politician. It's even more ridiculous to extrapolate anything from a photo like this. I can think of numerous reasons to criticize the guy. The one you chose is simply idiotic.