Apple issues fifth OS X 10.9.3 Mavericks beta to developers with minimal changes

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 53
    hudson1hudson1 Posts: 800member

Mail under Mavericks is the worst implementation of this application going all the way back to OS X 10.0.  There are many people experiencing sync problems with IMAP servers that never had an issue before Mavericks was released.  I'm one of them and I've tried many of the "solutions" put forth on a very long thread on Apple's community support website.  As most have found, every solution falls apart after a day at most.  We can only hope Apple has finally fixed it.  If Steve Jobs was around, it would have been fixed long ago, IMHO.

• Reply 42 of 53
    visualzonevisualzone Posts: 298member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hillstones View Post

Two kool-aid drinkers.  Maybe you should read about all the problems with Mail, which was referenced in the article, and is a KNOWN problem identified by Apple.  It continues to be a sore spot for Apple as this update continues to try to fix Mail.  So stop dishing out your crap when Mavericks Mail has been an embarrassment for Apple.

Aww, did I hurt your feelings? I know all about mail but how many other issues has Maverick had compared to other OS X versions? I have a 27" 2011 iMac as my main computer and run a lot of software on it and it purrs like a kitty.

p.s. I've run and still run multiple OSes over 30+ years so stop with the name calling. I have lots of experience in different fields with computers.

p.s.s.Didn't you parents tell you, if you have nothing good to say about someone, say nothing at all.

• Reply 43 of 53
    macxpressmacxpress Posts: 5,808member
    Quote:

Nice, comparing it to another lousy release.  Mavericks is far worse than Mountain Lion as it introduced more problems.  Even after three updates, Mail still has problems.  So keep dreaming.

So I take it you're using gmail then....

• Reply 44 of 53
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Hudson1 View Post

Mail under Mavericks is the worst implementation of this application going all the way back to OS X 10.0.  There are many people experiencing sync problems with IMAP servers that never had an issue before Mavericks was released.  I'm one of them and I've tried many of the "solutions" put forth on a very long thread on Apple's community support website.  As most have found, every solution falls apart after a day at most.  We can only hope Apple has finally fixed it.  If Steve Jobs was around, it would have been fixed long ago, IMHO.

One word...BULLSHIT!

I'm so sick of this if Steve were around crap. When Steve was around things like this happened too...and it wasn't always fixed right away. You cannot speak for Steve Jobs, or Apple so don't do this if Steve were around shit. 

I suppose Tim Cook or Craig Federighi should be fired over this too. I mean come on this is Apple and Apple never does anything wrong and everything is always fixed right away, even when Steve were at Apple. /s

• Reply 45 of 53
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

Maybe you should read about all the problems with Mail, which was referenced in the article, and is a KNOWN problem identified by Apple.  It continues to be a sore spot for Apple as this update continues to try to fix Mail.  So stop dishing out your crap when Mavericks Mail has been an embarrassment for Apple.

1. Not a problem with Mail.

2. A problem with Gmail.

3. Shut your FUD up.

Mail under Mavericks is the worst implementation of this application going all the way back to OS X 10.0. There are many people experiencing sync problems with IMAP servers that never had an issue before Mavericks was released.  I'm one of them and I've tried many of the "solutions" put forth on a very long thread on Apple's community support website.  As most have found, every solution falls apart after a day at most.  We can only hope Apple has finally fixed it.  If Steve Jobs was around, it would have been fixed long ago, IMHO.

You, too. Were your “opinion” actually humble, you wouldn’t be spewing it everywhere.

• Reply 46 of 53
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

2. A problem with Gmail.

3. Shut your FUD up.

You, too. Were your “opinion” actually humble, you wouldn’t be spewing it everywhere.

But if Steve were alive none of this would happen! Nothing bad ever happened when Steve was alive!

/s

• Reply 47 of 53
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

2. A problem with Gmail.

3. Shut your FUD up.

Wrong!  I don't use Gmail and many other people who are having this problem with Mail under Mavericks don't, either.

• Reply 48 of 53
    Quote:

Originally Posted by macxpress View Post

One word...BULLSHIT!

I'm so sick of this if Steve were around crap. When Steve was around things like this happened too...and it wasn't always fixed right away. You cannot speak for Steve Jobs, or Apple so don't do this if Steve were around shit. 

I suppose Tim Cook or Craig Federighi should be fired over this too. I mean come on this is Apple and Apple never does anything wrong and everything is always fixed right away, even when Steve were at Apple. /s

OK... so you have a problem with one ancillary point of my post which really is unrelated to the topic.

• Reply 49 of 53
    Quote:

OK... so you have a problem with one ancillary point of my post which really is unrelated to the topic.

If its unrelated then why would you even mention that? Its stupid to say that anyways. It changes nothing. He's not here for one thing and never will be so it doesn't help anything. And you don't know for a fact that it would be an issue to begin with, and/or would be fixed right away if Steve were here. 

• Reply 50 of 53
    Quote:

Originally Posted by macxpress View Post

If its unrelated then why would you even mention that? Its stupid to say that anyways. It changes nothing. He's not here for one thing and never will be so it doesn't help anything. And you don't know for a fact that it would be an issue to begin with, and/or would be fixed right away if Steve were here. 

If my one little sentence was OT (and I admitted it was) then certainly your entire response to my post was OT, too.

• Reply 51 of 53
    hillstones wrote: »

Maybe you should read about all the problems with Mail, which was referenced in the article, and is a KNOWN problem identified by Apple.  It continues to be a sore spot for Apple as this update continues to try to fix Mail.  So stop dishing out your crap when Mavericks Mail has been an embarrassment for Apple.

Nothing wrong with Mail. You are referring to gmail's inadequacy with relation to IMAP, which makes it an embarrassment for Google and a mockery of your post.
  • Reply 52 of 53
    hudson1 wrote: »

Another Google user. I'm delighted you're having such a hard time.
  • Reply 53 of 53

Till now ASFAIK, OS X 10.9 comes with OpenGL 4.1 fully supported by late 2013 devices but old ones depend on either inbuilt or graphic cards they have. e.g. my iMac mid2010 ATI Radeon HD4670 had only 3.3! see below

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=267783090069470&set=a.171631449684635.1073741827.100005133431579&type=1&theater

Anyway i keep hope for next OS X to overhaul OpenGL for all mavericks-supported devices

You can see here for more details about OpenGL https://developer.apple.com/graphicsimaging/opengl/capabilities/index.html