Facebook to remove Messenger from main app to reduce 'friction'

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 37
    bighypebighype Posts: 148member

If you use Facebook spyware and N??ware, you deserve all the inconvenience and crap this evil company gives you. Just remove your account and give that a-hole Zuckerbeg a finger.

• Reply 22 of 37
    Fb user: Sir, I'm afraid you've gone mad with power.
    Zuckerberg: Of course I have. Have you ever tried going mad without power? It's boring, no one listens to you.
  • Reply 23 of 37

Suckerburg is an idiot. The only reason I used facebook messenger is the convenience of being on both facebook and chat at the same time. Decoupling them would make me less likely to use either.

• Reply 24 of 37
    jcallowsjcallows Posts: 150member
    i removed messenger long ago. i couldn't see any advantages of it over the one embedded in the Facebook app.
  • Reply 25 of 37
    rayzrayz Posts: 814member
    And it'll probably demand access to your location every time you try to use it.
  • Reply 26 of 37
    joshajosha Posts: 901member

Whatever FaceBook does, I'm sure it's to better keep track of your personal activities.

The best response to this is to delete everything Facebook

and hope they don't bug you to answer your "friends" who want to talk with you.

• Reply 27 of 37
    davemcm76davemcm76 Posts: 268member
    The link between the Facebook app and the Messenger app is pretty seamless on iPhone - the messages button in Facebook switches to the Messenger app and a bar at the top of the Messenger app takes you back, neither with any real delay... I have no problems with them being separate apps as it means you can chat via Facebook - and lets face it, soon WhatsApp is going to be in here too - without the need to waste bandwidth and data allowance updating your news feed at the same time.

One thing though - If they are planning on doing this on the iPad too they'd better have a universal version of the Messenger app ready to go, as it is currently an iPhone app with all its associated compromises when used on the iPad....jumbo vision in x2, tiny in the middle of the screen in x1 and iPhone keyboard layout.
  • Reply 28 of 37
    How long before they backflip?

Less than 6 months?

Or, before they add news and notifications to messenger

Gee these companies stuff things up

We are just incapable of saying, ok this thing works pretty well, leave it be

Apple (eg, iMovie), Microsoft (that awful merge into Skype), Google, FB. They all do it.
  • Reply 29 of 37
    philboogiephilboogie Posts: 7,675member
    sporlo wrote: »
    I was so tired of it I deleted my account.

Looks like you're not going to be the only one:

Princeton researchers say Facebook will lose 80 percent of its users by 2017:

http://www.dailydot.com/technology/research-facebook-lose-80-percent-of-users/
  • Reply 30 of 37
    FB community is ready to move elsewhere. But where?
  • Reply 31 of 37
    hametahameta Posts: 79member
    [SIZE=5][B][COLOR=blue]
    Fb user: Sir, I'm afraid you've gone mad with power.

Zuckerberg: Of course I have. Have you ever tried going mad without power? It's boring, no one listens to you.[/COLOR][/B][/SIZE]

[SIZE=5][B][COLOR=red]ABSOLUTELY SO ![/COLOR][/B][/SIZE]

While They're Flattering and Clinging Up Much Spend " Corporate Users ", [SIZE=4][B][COLOR=Pink]They REALLY NOW ARE INTIMIDATING " Ordinary Users "[/COLOR][/B][/SIZE], Forcing Them As Much As Inconvenience to Suit Their " PROFIT-OPTIMIZING " Practices !!!

They've NOW BECOME & END UP to Be [SIZE=4][B][COLOR=magenta]" SUCH MONETIZING GREED " !!!!!![/COLOR][/B][/SIZE]

There're NOW Two Internet GIANTS who Really STINK, " Google & FaceBook " !

I Suppose They're Approaching to The " END OF THEIR ERA ".

[IMG ALT=""]http://forums.appleinsider.com/content/type/61/id/41583/width/350/height/700[/IMG]
    [IMG ALT=""]http://forums.appleinsider.com/content/type/61/id/41584/width/350/height/700[/IMG]
  • Reply 32 of 37
    hametahameta Posts: 79member
    FB community is ready to move elsewhere. But where?

That's A Problem.
    Google Plus is FAR FROM A OPTION !!!!!!

I Really Hope GOOD SUBSTITUTE Come Up !
  • Reply 33 of 37
    dysamoriadysamoria Posts: 3,430member
    The Facebook app is the absolute worst performing and most buggy app I have ever used on iOS. I've deleted it. I use the mobile website through Safari when I can't get to a proper computer. It's also otherwise unimportant to me. :-p
  • Reply 34 of 37
    sporlosporlo Posts: 143member
    dysamoria wrote: »
    The Facebook app is the absolute worst performing and most buggy app I have ever used on iOS. I've deleted it. I use the mobile website through Safari when I can't get to a proper computer. It's also otherwise unimportant to me. :-p
    hehe this is what I did with YouTube
  • Reply 35 of 37
    hill60hill60 Posts: 6,992member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Mochi Fung View Post

Suckerburg is an idiot. The only reason I used facebook messenger is the convenience of being on both facebook and chat at the same time. Decoupling them would make me less likely to use either.

I wish I had that level of idiocy, just think Zuckerburg and his family would never have to work again, for generations to come.

• Reply 36 of 37
    I like the idea. I have notifications turned off because I don't want to know every time someone likes an image I commented on or responds separately to the poster. But I still want notifications for messages. That's possible in the Facebook app natively.
  • Reply 37 of 37

Hi friends

Here i am publishing few Mobile messenger those are

top messenger for mobiles

Whatsapp

Most people have WhatsApp messenger on their Smartphone or mobile phones. It is available for Android and other Smartphone’s and is an extremely popular choice. It uses your 3G or Wi-Fi to send and receive text, pictures, videos and audio messages. With no hidden costs, once download whatsapp messenger app for android you can use it limitlessly.

We Chat

We Chat is an all in one communications app. Always completely free this app allows easy communication between family and friends across the globe. You can enjoy multimedia messaging, group chats, free voice and video calls all with enhanced privacy(secret).

Line

The Line app offers free calls and messages with absolutely no limits. Line has actually been ranked as the #1 most downloaded app in a massive 52 countries! Communication is enjoyable and convenient and is great to talk to friends or even hold business meetings.

U & Me

U & Me app is said to be the fastest messenger app available for smart phones. Again, there are no limits with this app and if it is speed you want then this download is most definitely for you. You can file share, enjoy group chats generate voice notes, react with instance text and much more.

Instachat

This is the Instagram Messenger Apps. If you simply love to use Instagram and browse photos, search users and tags and privately chatting with your friends and followers, this is the perfect Messenger Apps for you. Connect with people all over the globe.