Consumer interest in Apple's 'iPhone 6' at record levels, as new sketches show rumored big-screen de

Comments

• Reply 101 of 127
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael Scrip View Post

Exactly. The thumb is not the best method of input.

I will use my phone with one hand, and one thumb, only when I have to. A quick text, making a phone call, etc.

But when I want to do anything extensive with my iPhone... I prefer two hands.

I will hold my phone with one hand and use my other hand and much more accurate index finger for control.

Plus... I use some apps with two and three-finger taps and other gestures. You can't do that with a single thumb.

But you currently have the choice of one or two-handed use. Better that than no choice at all.

• Reply 102 of 127
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Mac-sochist View Post

Barring a complete breakthrough in camera technology, like near-field optics (which no rumors, even, have discussed), or violating the laws of physics in regular camera technology, the iPhone is as thin as it can get already (if not thinner).

I think you just violated logic.

• Reply 103 of 127
    jungmark wrote: »
    Ford just sells cars. Apple sells Macs, iPods, iPads, iPhones.

But I believe Apple will sell a <5" iPhone and the 4" one.

Ford sells cars, trucks, SUVs, vans, etc. Different vehicles for different purposes.

Not unlike Apple who sells Macs, iPods, iPads and iPhones. Different electronic devices for different purposes.

My point was... Ford sells cars in different sizes... from subcompact to full-size luxury. Ford sells trucks in different sizes too. SUVs in different sizes as well.

Apple sells iPads in different sizes... iMacs in different sizes... laptops in different sizes.

But Apple thinks the phone should be capped at 4" forever? :no:
  • Reply 104 of 127
    But you currently have the choice of one or two-handed use. Better that than no choice at all.

I wish Apple would at least give me the chance to try a larger iPhone. That's the choice I want.

There have been phones larger than 4" for years... just not any made by Apple.
  • Reply 105 of 127
    Quote:

Originally Posted by mr O View Post

Do people really want a bigger screen?

Or do they want to simplify their subscription plan to just one device?

I believe the innovation is not a bigger screen but a simplified subscription model with the carriers: Have one subscription fee that gives you access to various sized screens. E.g. the iPhone, iPad mini, iPad Air … your subscription fee shouldn't be tied to one device. Instead it should be determined by the data you use across your various devices?

This would be a far more elegant (and versatile) solution than having one 5.5" iPhone 6 with a hefty subscription plan (as you got it cheap).

By the by, if Henri Ford would have listened to the people he would have ended up with selling horses instead of building cars …

Interesting, that would make sense for some people. 

I can only speak for myself and the few I know who have purchased large screen phones - it was for the readability and usability of a larger screen, not for the desire to replace 2 subscriptions with 1.

The Henry Ford example of ignoring what people want is cute :-)  I should try that approach with my software product, and see if I keep any customers...

• Reply 106 of 127
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Originally Posted by PhilBoogie View Post

Heh, Tallest Phil. I like that.

Huh, I don’t remember that one.

That’s not surprising, though.

• Reply 107 of 127
    comleycomley Posts: 139member
    I would like a bigger iPhone for the following reasons
    I got big hands
    eyes are not what they were

I have a Mac Pro and the iPhone I do not want to buy and carry around a second device / Keep it cheaper and convenience
    And I just want one
  • Reply 108 of 127
    Hey people, let's not show too much interest. Apple will just increase the price. Brand loyalty is only a one-way street.
  • Reply 109 of 127
    comleycomley Posts: 139member
    Good point I don't want one lol
  • Reply 110 of 127
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    jakeb wrote: »
    APPL goes down on all news. On good news, it goes down a little, on neutral news it goes down a lot, and don't even ask what happens when there is bad news. 

AAPL is trading with bad sentiment right now. One day the tide will turn, but until now, all news is "bad" news. 

Since AAPL is such a large component of the stock market, it appears general economic news affects their stock as much as Apple company news. This past week the entire market has been getting hammered day after day.
  • Reply 111 of 127
    jungmarkjungmark Posts: 6,926member
    Hey people, let's not show too much interest. Apple will just increase the price. Brand loyalty is only a one-way street.

Keep living up to your name.
  • Reply 112 of 127
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    Brand loyalty is only a one-way street.

It's not. For most, loyalty to a brand is the effect of a cause. That cause is on the brand maker to make the best product for a given price point. This means that if a product with an excessive amount of brand loyalty becomes too pricey for a given quality or if competitors have a better product at or below their price point the brand loyalty will wane. Now one might blindly choose a vendor's product because of a long positive history but if that next product has a negative effect that loyalty will also begin to wane. This is the free market in action.

I doubt any tech company is as keen to this as Apple because of the extra scrutiny on them with their near monopolistic mindshare. Need an example? Check out the Retina MBPs. They didn't have to keep making it thinner, or increate the battery life or add 4x the display pixels with an IPS panel. They already make more profit from "PCs" than any other PC vendor in the world and no one was uncutting them because no one can sell as many $1000+ notebooks than they can (economies of scale) but they did it anyway when they could have waited several more years before the $700 WinPC vendors started to make that commonplace.
  • Reply 113 of 127
    ruel24ruel24 Posts: 432member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

I wish these banned usernames wouldn't show up when I use the new @mention feature in Huddler.

Almost always, when someone starts off a comments stating all the Apple products they own followed by a "but" what follows next is usually a trollish comment. In this case I don't believe you were doing that at all, but I do agree with @Tallest Skil that making such a statement in no way helps an argument. There is nothing wrong with simply stating that you don't like something by Apple or a direction they are taking and if you word in a constructive way there is no need to first defend your comment with an unprovable list of your Apple gear. Again, I in no way think you were trolling and I think TS would agree with that after rereading your comment.

I've been down this road several times before with you people. All this forum ever wants is complete adoration for Apple with blind devotion. Anything negative, and we're told to go away, bother someone else, we're trolls, and even get banned. You Apple followers don't want to hear anything other than glowing praise for everything Apple. That's a fact. I've been a member of this forum for a long time. Recently, frankly, I've fallen out of love with Apple. Sorry...

• Reply 114 of 127
    ruel24 wrote: »
    I've been down this road several times before with you people. All this forum ever wants is complete adoration for Apple with blind devotion. Anything negative, and we're told to go away, bother someone else, we're trolls, and even get banned. You Apple followers don't want to hear anything other than glowing praise for everything Apple. That's a fact. I've been a member of this forum for a long time. Recently, frankly, I've fallen out of love with Apple. Sorry...

1) It's hard to take anything you say seriously when you address others as "you people" and "you Apple followers."

2) In your post all you've done is bitch and whine but stated nothing useful or thought provoking. How the hell does "I've fallen out of love with Apple. Sorry…" help move a conversation. There are plenty of regular members here that have plenty of things they wish Apple would change but they haven't been banned and their comments are respected (at least by me). Plus, if what you say is true then I would have A) told [@]rattlhed[/@] that he was trolling, and B) not defended him against [@]Tallest Skil[/@].

3) If you honestly believe what you say despite having been a member since 2007 then it's because you have chosen not tp acknowledge issues regular posters have had with Apple.
  • Reply 115 of 127

Again...

Quote:

1) It's hard to take anything you say seriously when you address others as "you people" and "you Apple followers."

2) In your post all you've done is bitch and whine but stated nothing useful or thought provoking. How the hell does "I've fallen out of love with Apple. Sorry…" help move a conversation. There are plenty of regular members here that have plenty of things they wish Apple would change but they haven't been banned and their comments are respected (at least by me).

3) If you honestly believe what you say despite having been a member since 2007 then it's because you have chosen not tp acknowledge issues regular posters have had with Apple.

1) So, instead of addressing you as a group, I should pick out each and every one of you? That makes it a more serious post? Buahahaha... Oh, god... It just hurts to laugh at such lunacy...

2) A complaint is bitching and whining? In what universe other than this? Any sort of negativity toward Apple is outwardly bashed with hatred in this community by the diehards. Believe me, I've checked every post I've been banned for, and it's been pathetic. I got banned, last time, for a post I made months before. I guess since I was back, it simply wasn't going to be tolerated? Sorry, I just don't get lock and step with the program here.

3) So, because I've made a point that Apple should make a larger iPhone, it was my choice to get told to go away because it wasn't an issue regular poster have with Apple? You don't even make sense...

Many of the posters in this forum simply have a closed mind and don't tolerate dissension...

• Reply 116 of 127
    So, instead of addressing you as a group, I should pick out each and every one of you? That makes it a more serious post?

Yes, you should address a specific individual or individuals you feel are incorrect. You know, actually read a comment, think of a rebuttal, and then respond to them like a mature, intelligent individual, not as someone that is so closed-minded and ignorant that they need to create artificial bubbles that allows them to use terms like "you people" to disparage an entire group without any evidence that everyone they've placed in that construct feels that way.
    Buahahaha... Oh, god... It just hurts to laugh at such lunacy…

And you wonder why your words come across as jaded idiocy. :no:
    A complaint is bitching and whining?

The way you say it is.
    So, because I've made a point that Apple should make a larger iPhone

So have I (I believe I did so in this very thread), as well as countless others you refer to as "you Apple people."

PS: Not once did I say "You anti-Apple people."
  • Reply 117 of 127
    Quote:

PS: Not once did I say "You anti-Apple people."

Funny, because I'm not anti-Apple. I just don't agree with the direction they're currently going in. That alone has been met with ridiculous comments to me to go away.

My comment: "A cheap plastic iPhone 5C and some spec bumps with a finger print scanner? Yawn... iOS 7 looks like a new paint job and that's all. Yawn... Apple has seriously lost its mojo! I'll wait for the iOS 7 upgrade on my phone to judge. Seriously looking at Android, at this point, for my upgrade. Had there been a bigger iPhone, I might have thought differently."

The response I got from Tallest Skil: "Go away."

Seriously? And you're in denial?

Thread, in case you want to look it up: http://forums.appleinsider.com/t/159463/apple-changes-up-colors-space-gray-comes-to-iphone-5s-ipods

• Reply 118 of 127
    Originally Posted by ruel24 View Post

1) So, instead of addressing you as a group, I should pick out each and every one of you? That makes it a more serious post? Buahahaha... Oh, god... It just hurts to laugh at such lunacy...

Bye.

Any sort of negativity toward Apple is outwardly bashed with hatred in this community by the diehards.

That makes sense. Hardliners would pull a wider scope of negatives under their umbrella. Of course, that’s not remotely close to what you originally said:

All this forum ever wants is complete adoration for Apple with blind devotion. Anything negative, and we're told to go away, bother someone else, we're trolls, and even get banned. You Apple followers don't want to hear anything other than glowing praise for everything Apple. That's a fact. 

1. This forum, meaning everyone here, not just “diehards”.

2. Anything negative, meaning anything, of course.

3. You Apple followers, again, meaning everyone here, not just “diehards”.

4. Anything other than glowing praise, meaning, again, anything.

5. That’s a fact, meaning self-deluded nonsense.

Why don’t you just take your goalposts and GO HOME instead of moving them around here?

Believe me, I've checked every post I've been banned for, and it's been pathetic.

Sounds like there’s something here you’re meant to learn which you… haven’t.

Originally Posted by ruel24 View Post

Yawn… Yawn...

Gee, I wonder why I’d want a level of discussion beyond spewing 1. lies and 2. FUD without any manner of explanation for your reasoning whatsoever. I must be out of my mind to expect that sort of intelligence.

But you’ve once again given yourself a chance to prove us wrong! So do it now! PROVE US WRONG! PROVE that the iPhone 5S was a “spec bump with a fingerprint scanner”. PROVE that the iPhone 5C was “a cheap plastic phone”. PROVE that iOS 7’s changes were explicitly only changes to the UI. PROVE that Apple has lost its capability to create desire for their products.

You won’t.

• Reply 119 of 127
    Funny, because I'm not anti-Apple. I just don't agree with the direction they're currently going in. That alone has been met with ridiculous comments to me to go away.

My comment: "A cheap plastic iPhone 5C and some spec bumps with a finger print scanner? Yawn... iOS 7 looks like a new paint job and that's all. Yawn... Apple has seriously lost its mojo! I'll wait for the iOS 7 upgrade on my phone to judge. Seriously looking at Android, at this point, for my upgrade. Had there been a bigger iPhone, I might have thought differently."

The response I got from Tallest Skil: "Go away."

Seriously? And you're in denial?

Thread, in case you want to look it up: http://forums.appleinsider.com/t/159463/apple-changes-up-colors-space-gray-comes-to-iphone-5s-ipods

I do get on TS for making those "go away" comments but in this case I don't think he's out of line. I think his comment to ratthed was incorrect, but not to your comment.

Where is your argument? All you did was make rhetorical questions which you answered with the world "Yawn," then stated that iOS 7 is only a "paint job" and then concluded as a fact that "Apple has lost its mojo." You don't come across as a reasonable person. You don't come across as someone that is open to anyone else's PoV. On top of that you've clearly ignored all the people that excited about Apple offering a larger display on the iPhone.
  • Reply 120 of 127

Originally Posted by rattlhed View Post

Because I'm a huge apple fan I can't wish for product improvements or want them to go in another direction?

Because you’re an “Apple fan”, you shouldn’t have to preface your arguments with “proof of ownership” as though it lends any credence to what you have to say later.

If what you have to say is correct, it will be correct by its own doing, not because of any supplement. 

How this isn’t blindingly obvious, I’ll never know.