Rumor: First photo of supposed 'iPhone 6' front panel surfaces

Comments

• Reply 21 of 70
    pazuzupazuzu Posts: 1,728member
    radster360 wrote: »
    How is changing the screen size considered copying - It is the natural progression in form factor.

Right and the 11" MBA isn't a high end netbook.
  • Reply 22 of 70
    macbook promacbook pro Posts: 1,605member
    Marvin wrote: »
    That picture has definitely been photoshopped. There's an elbow and leg to the right of the panel with nothing else attached.

The person belonging to the arm and leg is bending over.
  • Reply 23 of 70
    customtbcustomtb Posts: 346member
    That picture has definitely been photoshopped. There's an elbow and leg to the right of the panel with nothing else attached.

Aren't they attached to the rest of the body you see through the screen ?

Plus I think that is one person wearing the jeans and purple shirt bent over pulling screens off the pallet
  • Reply 24 of 70
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    slurpy wrote: »
    How is it ridiculous? Its still smaller than most flagship android phonees.Also, how the hell would the bottom bezel get and smaller? It barely fits the home button as is, which is a non-negotiable component. Also, it still has to LOOK like an iPhone, which is iconic. Consistency is good. This looks like a bigger iPhone, exactly what it should look like. You think it looks ridiculous now because you're not used to it- a couple months after release,when millions of them are around, it will look as normal as every other iPhone. Everyone also said the iPhone 5 looked ridiculous too.
    People need to stop expecting things that most likely aren't going to happen, at least not right now. Over on MacRumors people are complaining that the screen isn't bezel free. Did anyone seriously think the next iPhone would be bezel free? After Apple just implemented Touch ID into the home button? I'm sure it considerable amount of work when it's engineering that. Are we really supposed to believe that only one year later Apple would engineer something completely different (i.e. a non physical home button)? Also anyone that knows Apple should know they would never design asymmetrical bezels so however wide the bottom bezel needs to be is how wide the top bezel will be. Maybe someday the home button will be gone and we'll have a completely bezel free phone but anyone who thought it would be this year is nuts.
  • Reply 25 of 70
    pmzpmz Posts: 3,433member
    achillies7 wrote: »
    If this is it, I would be disappointed, I was hoping for a smaller bezel and a bit different design on the front.

Was never going to be the case, so you set yourself up for that disappointment.
  • Reply 26 of 70
    oneaburnsoneaburns Posts: 354member
    I'd be happy if it is that size. Same overall design we know and love with a bigger screen and thinner bezel. Perfect. But I'll take black ;)
  • Reply 27 of 70
    What's with the elbow and legs?
  • Reply 28 of 70
    copelandcopeland Posts: 298member

Bezel, Top and Cut out for the Home button just seem to be scaled up version of the iphone5s.

Don't believe Apple would do this. Not for me.

• Reply 29 of 70
    Too small ????
  • Reply 30 of 70
    mac-daddymac-daddy Posts: 151member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Marvin View Post

That picture has definitely been photoshopped. There's an elbow and leg to the right of the panel with nothing else attached. The glass is reflecting a roof window but also showing two people behind it, one wearing jeans, the other a purple shirt and they are distorted in a way that wouldn't happen with a flat sheet of glass.

Hahahahaha, thanks for making my day. Hopefully you were joking or else my guess is you're not too good at Photohunt....

• Reply 31 of 70
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    That picture has definitely been photoshopped. There's an elbow and leg to the right of the panel with nothing else attached. The glass is reflecting a roof window but also showing two people behind it, one wearing jeans, the other a purple shirt and they are distorted in a way that wouldn't happen with a flat sheet of glass.

If you look carefully through the glass you'll see it's a person bending down. It took me a few seconds to make out what I was looking at. The arm outside the glass looks thicker than the arm through the glass. It could photoshopped but it could also be the refraction of the glass. Hard to tell.
  • Reply 32 of 70
    maestro64maestro64 Posts: 5,043member

For those who said the picture is photo, ie the elbow and leg, look through the screen and you will see the rest of the person who is bent over and doing something to the pallet of displays glass . You can even see his face, I think people thought the reflection was the person holding the display glass. If you notice the person bending over is a guy and the person holding the display glass is a women (long nails).

Quote:

Originally Posted by otterfish View Post

But my thumb only goes from here to here... 

I have to agree Apple heavily market the whole concept of one handed use, I seen people using those big displays from Samsung and it is a two handed operation, you have to have two hands on it for everything except looking at or talking on the phone.

Now maybe Apple figured out some unique way to allow a person work the larger display with one hand, we will have to wait and see.

• Reply 33 of 70

One way Apple could allow for 4", 4.7", and 5.5" at the same time is if they all have the same aspect ratio.

It's also possible to accomplish this with sharp graphics on all displays with no extra developer work.

How?

Do what they do with Retina on OSX.

Starting with iOS 8, all iPhone apps will be "internally" rendered at "super-Retina" which will be double the horizontal and vertical resolution of current Retina (2xxx by 1xxx).

Then, at display time, this internal super-Retina representation is scaled down to the native resolution of the iPhone being used.

The flat look of iOS 7+ helps, because the use of bitmap graphics is now discouraged, apps should not need to ship with super large image assets. Textures are discouraged, and solid colour vectors are encouraged which fits perfectly with the needs of this new rendering method.

• Reply 34 of 70
    shogun wrote: »
    I'll be absolutely shocked if they scale up a 5s and use that for the 6. The phone looks ridiculous that big with such huge top and bottom bezels. A larger phone means more of the internals can be hidden beneath the screen. So the top and bottom bezels can and should shrink appreciably.

That was my first thought, too. My next thought was, the size doesn't look that bad.

Hmm, do I want to carry a 5s and an iPad mini or just a 6? Decisions, decisions!
  • Reply 35 of 70
    jungmarkjungmark Posts: 6,926member
    My question is if she's holding the phone and panel, how is she taking the photo? :)
  • Reply 36 of 70
    If that's 4.7" I don't want it. I'll still get it if that's the smallest screen for the new flagship. It looks huge, though. I'm hoping there will at least be a 4" new phone released alongside if this 4.7"/5.5" comes to fruition.
  • Reply 37 of 70
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,310moderator

The person belonging to the arm and leg is bending over.

Oh yeah, didn't see that. :D

Ok, so no photoshopping but the holes still look wrong.
  • Reply 38 of 70
    How did everybody miss the veritable pallet of similar front panels in the background (lower right hand side)?
  • Reply 39 of 70
    mobiusmobius Posts: 380member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jungmark View Post

My question is if she's holding the phone and panel, how is she taking the photo? image

Google Glass?
  • Reply 40 of 70
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    Based on that image that phone looks too big for my needs. The footprint is bigger but the rumours are that they will make it thinner thereby reducing the internal volume. If it's under 7mm it'll be about 6mm thinner than the thickest iPhone so perhaps that will work for one handed operation.