Apple issues OS X 10.9.3 Mavericks beta to developers with minor changes

Posted:
in macOS edited April 2014
Apple on Tuesday pushed out the latest OS X Mavericks 10.9.3 beta seed to developers with no known issues.

The latest version of Apple's upcoming OS X maintenance update, dubbed build 13D43, comes six days after the previous seed was issued and once again asks developers to concentrate on the same focus areas as prior versions.

According to the accompanying seed notes, Apple is looking for feedback on Graphics Drivers, Audio, Mail, Safari and iTunes contacts and calendar synchronization.

Prior betas of the upcoming OS X 10.9.3 Mavericks brought support for pixel-doubling scaling, suggesting the update will introduce a so-called "Retina" output mode for late-2013 MacBook Pro with Retina display connecting to external 4K monitors

Developers can download the build 13D43 from Apple's Developer Portal or via Software Update.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 12
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

At this rate, we might even see 10.9.5 before 10.10.

• Reply 2 of 12
    macxpressmacxpress Posts: 5,801member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

I agree...I'll go out on a limb and predict 10.10 this fall (Sept/Oct). Apple should be able to pump out 2 more updates after 10.9.3 before then. 

• Reply 3 of 12
    Quote:

Yeah, Apple should just ship the last version that had one or more 'show stopper' bugs so that everyone has one more thing to bitch about them not fixing. Why should they do another release candidate when you figure its good enough¡

:no:

• Reply 4 of 12
    Hurry up already - I need the new 4K Apple Cinema display.
  • Reply 5 of 12

Is there something new or special in this build 13D43 ?

• Reply 6 of 12
    vaporlandvaporland Posts: 358member
    Release it already. Tired of rearranging monitors after every reboot. Tired of jacked up email.

Overall I like mavericks. But it would be better if new OS releases could happen without major bugs.

Lion = disaster. Mountain Lion = not ready for primetime. Mavericks = wipeout.

From 10.3 thru 10.6 bugs at release time were minimal and trivial. It's not like we're running XP on 700 hardware platforms.

Less for marketing and more for QA would be a great start.

It's been how many months and I still have to rearrange monitors after [B]every[/B] reboot?

Tech shouldn't be a fashion statement. What ever happened to "it just works"?
  • Reply 7 of 12
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    vaporland wrote: »
    Release it already. Tired of rearranging monitors after every reboot. Tired of jacked up email.

Overall I like mavericks. But it would be better if new OS releases could happen without major bugs.

The statements "release it already" and "it would be better if new OS releases could happen without major bugs" don't really go together.
  • Reply 8 of 12
    mpantonempantone Posts: 2,033member

Logical thinking and posting to the AppleInsider forums don't often go together either.

• Reply 9 of 12
    Originally Posted by Damn_Its_Hot View Post

Yeah, Apple should just ship the last version that had one or more 'show stopper' bugs so that everyone has one more thing to bitch about them not fixing. Why should they do another release candidate when you figure its good enough¡

What on Earth are these words supposed to mean?

• Reply 10 of 12
    damn_its_hotdamn_its_hot Posts: 1,209member
    Quote:

What on Earth are these words supposed to mean?

Its supposed to be sarcasm. Do you really think they are holding a release just for grins -- likely they have found one or more major issues (aka  a show stopper) that would hold it up from being released. It does not make since to release something you know has a major issue when it can be fixed and one more regression (in house) done as well as sending out a RC for GM.

• Reply 11 of 12

Its supposed to be sarcasm. Do you really think they are holding a release just for grins -- likely they have found one or more major issues (aka  a show stopper) that would hold it up from being released. It does not make since to release something you know has a major issue when it can be fixed and one more regression (in house) done as well as sending out a RC for GM.

Yep, I missed the temherte slaqî. Apologies.

• Reply 12 of 12
    ankhbwankhbw Posts: 1member

Hello, everyone.

This is my first post on this forum.

Proud MacBook Pro (late 2013) owner here :D

Only problem i have is the mac sometimes loses audio in Mavericks after i close lid.

I know others have this problem and only solution is restart.

My question is does anybody know if this issue was solved in these 10.9.3 beta versions ?