Samsung deal with Swiss clock maker portrayed as an affront to Apple

Comments

• Reply 41 of 75
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    danox wrote: »
    Even if it cost 5% more on devices, Apple must dump Samsung at all cost, it's not funny anymore.

What if it's not possible at any price right now?
  • Reply 42 of 75
    Slow news day.
  • Reply 43 of 75
    taskisstaskiss Posts: 1,212member
    Number 1 will always have number 2 on his heels, talking smack and trying to trip him up.

It's all good.
  • Reply 44 of 75
    sirlance99sirlance99 Posts: 1,293member
    taskiss wrote: »
    Number 1 will always have number 2 on his heels, talking smack and trying to trip him up.

It's all good.

Number 1 doesn’t always stay number 1. Eventually, someone overtakes them.
  • Reply 45 of 75
    analogjackanalogjack Posts: 1,073member
    The Apple clock looks better. Also if Apple pays 21m not for technology but merely for design then that harms Samsung's case due to the myriad design thefts separate to the functional and technology related thefts. 21m for a clock design would put ubuqitous rounded corner icons at a value of say 500m
  • Reply 46 of 75
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    analogjack wrote: »
    The Apple clock looks better. Also if Apple pays 21m not for technology but merely for design then that harms Samsung's case due to the myriad design thefts separate to the functional and technology related thefts. 21m for a clock design would put ubuqitous rounded corner icons at a value of say 500m

Could Samsung's deal with the Swiss be a defensive measure for their current court case? Meaning, Apple points out licensing deals Apple has made and Samsung says they also have them? I know, that sounds really weak but I'm trying to find an alternative to simply using that clock face in the Galaxy S6.
  • Reply 47 of 75
    crowleycrowley Posts: 10,453member
    Samsung sell 30,000 devices and it's all about Apple? Yeah, sure.
  • Reply 48 of 75
    tastowetastowe Posts: 108member
    **** you samsung. I am sick tried hearing about shitty samsung products with shit software and smartphone hardware. I wish to kick the samsung ass out the United States of America.
  • Reply 49 of 75
    hametahameta Posts: 79member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

I haven't travelled on any Swiss Railways yet, but it's only natural to conclude that customers from now on will experience more delays, interrupted service and maybe even a few derailments, since saving a few pennies is their main priority.

I can understand certain people choosing Samsung, such as people on welfare, and people who don't have bank accounts, but there is no excuse for any business to be choosing Samsung. That tells me all that I need to know about that business. 

It's like when I walk into a restaurant, I expect them to serve coke, as in coca cola, the real deal. I don't care if they made some deal with Pepsi that saved them money and they don't serve coke. I won't be coming back to that restaurant. 

It's the same thing with tablets, I expect to only see iPads, the real deal. I don't care if they got some cheap junk from Samsung instead. They won't be getting my business.

I Liked Switzerland before, Even Loved it.

But ANY MORE.

I Went to Geneva to Find FULL OF DEMONS There !

• Reply 50 of 75
    fred1fred1 Posts: 1,112member
    Uh, really? Samsung is doing this to annoy Apple? Not for profits and exposure? OK, whatever.
    I've always loved the Swiss clock face design and what's even better is that as you go from station to station traveling across Switzerland, you see that all of the clocks in the country are synchronized down to the second. As a Swiss friend replied when I mentioned this to him, "Of course."
    Let's see if Samsung can do that!
  • Reply 51 of 75
    freshmaker wrote: »
    Agreed.  Not sure what point this would make to Apple.  It's not like they're taking away any real significant revenue.  I'm sure this was met with a mild yawn in Cupertino.

Like the old Texaco adage, "You can pay me now or pay me later." The railway company will just be shopping for new phones and tablets sooner then if they had bought Apple, and they won't get squat for their old equipment... so if it was a savings, it was a very thin savings.
  • Reply 52 of 75
    crowley wrote: »

Sure...the more they sell, the more they have to pay Apple in infringment costs.
  • Reply 53 of 75
    crowleycrowley Posts: 10,453member
    Sure...the more they sell, the more they have to pay Apple in infringment costs.
    I think we both know that's not what is going on in this thread.

Nice try though.
  • Reply 54 of 75
    gctwnlgctwnl Posts: 278member
    What's more worrying than this design thing is that the SBB will be 30,000 insecure Android devices on their network.

A few years from now, these then probably unpatched and vulnerable devices may present a nasty problem.
  • Reply 55 of 75
    singularitysingularity Posts: 1,328member
    crowley wrote: »

only if they sue in Europe.
  • Reply 56 of 75
    Dear Apple,
    I have an unbelievably great win/win/win/win scenario for you.

WIN 1: You advertise for the world's next Hans Hilfiker to create a new clock design that you can own. The winning designer gets paid one million dollars. This is fantastic PR, and proves you're serious about design and eschewing skeuomorphism.

WIN 2: You donate 9 million dollars to a worthy charity. Which is awesome PR.

WIN 3: My fee for this idea is 1 million dollars. Which you can so totally afford, considering you paid 21 million dollars on an arbitrary swiss clock design.

WIN 4: You pocket 10 million dollars!!!

You're welcome Apple. You're welcome.
  • Reply 57 of 75
    Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulMJohnson View Post

God the determination to find Samsung doing something nefarious to Apple has got pathetic.

The story here is that Samsung have signed a contract with a large organization to provide some IT equipment.  That's what electronics companies do.

The lengths to which Samsung will go to deny stealing are pathetic, and your post is a tiny part of that patheticness.

• Reply 58 of 75
    Quote:

Originally Posted by iMember View Post

00:00:01

Don't shoot me for it but i find this more usefull

If all we wanted in life was useful, the world would be a dreary place.

• Reply 59 of 75
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Rayz View Post

Possibly the most desperate attempt to generate news I've seen in years.

So desperate that you had to comment on it!

• Reply 60 of 75
    Quote:

Originally Posted by HAMETA View Post

Switzerland has beautiful scenery. But the people? Cold.