More MS innovations

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
<a href="http://www.wired.com/news/business/0,1367,48775,00.html"; target="_blank">http://www.wired.com/news/business/0,1367,48775,00.html</a>;

of course Gates predicts this will happen! He is such a smart fellow

""I'm very lucky in terms of making these predictions," Gates said. "I've got the $5 billion of Microsoft R and D to not only sit and speculate, but to tell those guys, 'OK, you'd better make these things come true.'"

How many years has Apple had airport working and standard in every Mac?

Reminds me back in the speech recognition days. MS was two years behind Apple.. and when MS finally did get their shit together Gates acted like MS invented it.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    it's just like Gates... "Hey guys, I've noticed that Apple and Dell are using this Wireless stuff... I think I'll call a press conference and 'predict' the usage of wireless tech so I look like a digital savior and my total worth will go up!"... "Man am I a good guy!"

Someone please shut this man up!

Mac Guru
  • Reply 2 of 7
    sinewavesinewave Posts: 1,074member
    And of course.. the non-informed public eats this shit up. He knows this.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    "Gates also predicted that voice-recognition and voice-command systems would reach a level of reliability in the next five to six years that would make it acceptable for most uses."

He must have been talking to those phone psychics. He has a knack of predicting the obvious.
  • Reply 4 of 7
    macaddictmacaddict Posts: 1,055member
    I just thought it was ironic that this was in a magazine called "Wired".
  • Reply 5 of 7
    Haven't you ever read wired?
  • Reply 6 of 7
    serranoserrano Posts: 1,806member
    wired owns, clearly, you do not.

• Reply 7 of 7
    Wired did an article almost 2 years ago on one of the senior programmers on W2K, and how political infighting has gotten so bad, that M$ is virtually unable to produce anything of any value anymore.