Apple may be hiding behind 'Brightflash' dummy corporation to trademark 'iWatch' name

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 35
    maestro64maestro64 Posts: 5,043member
    Apple may have a few fights on their hands with a iwatch name.

http://www.iwatch365.net/

That is another Chinese company who have been using a similar name in the wristwatch market for a while they do market research in China for watches. They could argue that apple iwatch could create confusion in the market place. They also been using the name since 2006 long before the whole Apple iwatch thing came about.
  • Reply 22 of 35
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member

Since AI is so negligent with their reporting on the latest Samsung-Apple trial (going on at this very minute!) I thought I'd post this here for everyone to read:

http://www.cnet.com/news/samsung-asks-for-less-money-for-apples-accused-infringement-as-it-drops-ipad-claims/

And here's where you can see real-time updates in the trial:

https://twitter.com/hashtag/appsung?f=realtime

• Reply 23 of 35
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    maestro64 wrote: »
    Apple may have a few fights on their hands with a iwatch name.

http://www.iwatch365.net/

That is another Chinese company who have been using a similar name in the wristwatch market for a while they do market research in China for watches. They could argue that apple iwatch could create confusion in the market place. They also been using the name since 2006 long before the whole Apple iwatch thing came about.

Would that conflict when it appears that only their domain name appears to use iWatch but it doesn't appear to be the name of the company? Also note the website has a copyright of 2009-2010. Not updated in 4 years?
  • Reply 24 of 35
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

Would that conflict when it appears that only their domain name appears to use iWatch but it doesn't appear to be the name of the company? Also note the website has a copyright of 2009-2010. Not updated in 4 years?

Yeah, not at all the same as an actual product name.

• Reply 25 of 35
    feynmanfeynman Posts: 1,087member
    Well, One Infinite Loop was too darned suspicious.

I meant to say it's like that saying about apples and oranges.
  • Reply 26 of 35
    Quote:

Also note the website has a copyright of 2009-2010. Not updated in 4 years?

A copyright claim of 2009-2010.  Anyone can put whatever date they want on their website.  Why, you can even claim your product to be the #1 vodka of  2033  2034 if you want. (sorry, 2033 is taken)  ;)

• Reply 27 of 35
    You mean you're not actually Malcolm's brother, Solipsism?  

I don't get the reference.
  • Reply 28 of 35
    clemynxclemynx Posts: 1,552member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by angusw View Post

"Additionally, the company has filed in a number of smaller countries including ...... China......"

So now China is considered a smaller country as compared to the U.S., the U.K., the E.U., Australia, and Denmark?

I thought the same thing. Many others aren't small, at least compared to the average european country. Bad choice of words.

• Reply 29 of 35
    Quote:

I don't get the reference.

Malcolm X

... or were you just being coy, Roy.

• Reply 30 of 35
    Malcolm X

Ah! That went waaaaaay over my head.
  • Reply 31 of 35
    revenantrevenant Posts: 621member

i read this a 40 minutes earlier on macrumours

• Reply 32 of 35
    revenant wrote: »
    i read this a 40 minutes earlier on macrumours

It's comments like that that are forcing journalists to release shoddier work in order to beat some invisible clock.
  • Reply 33 of 35
    revenantrevenant Posts: 621member
    Quote:

It's comments like that that are forcing journalists to release shoddier work in order to beat some invisible clock.

no, it is comments like this that should tell appleinsider that they should give thanks where it is due instead of writing it like it is new.

• Reply 34 of 35
    revenant wrote: »
    no, it is comments like this that should tell appleinsider that they should give thanks where it is due instead of writing it like it is new.

If they did indeed use MR as a source I agree.
  • Reply 35 of 35
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

Where’s the plus infinity button…