Tim Cook offering lunch date at Apple HQ for charity

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 27
    Quote:

Originally Posted by s.metcalf View Post

...Carl Icahn ...to feel important despite Tim Cook not giving a crap about anything he has to say!

Hold on now. Perhaps Icahn came in, hung around, made some noises, backed off at the right time and purely by accident, but Cook has gone a fair way towards meeting Icahn's demands ($90B in repurchases + enhanced dividends, instead of $150B in a repurchase that Icahn wanted). Not that I am suggesting that was necessarily the motivation for Apple, but it does seem like too much of a coincidence.

I am glad that Cook decided to increase the shareholder payout without taking on more debt (keeps the powder dry). The stock split -- despite the fact that, at one level, it's a cosmetic move -- was a terrific.

• Reply 22 of 27
    It's already 2/3 its goal; like last time I expect it 10 times it's current bid.
  • Reply 23 of 27
    asciiascii Posts: 5,936member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

I dunno. The Mac Cafe would be a pretty bodacious place to hang with my crew, compadre.

Very nice concept art. Maybe better than the reality?

• Reply 24 of 27
    joindupjoindup Posts: 80member
    It would be exciting if there was a way for regular (i.e. not rich) people like me to enter a lottery draw to win an hour with Tim. He'd probably get a more interesting conversation too.
  • Reply 25 of 27
    timbittimbit Posts: 331member
    joindup wrote: »
    It would be exciting if there was a way for regular (i.e. not rich) people like me to enter a lottery draw to win an hour with Tim. He'd probably get a more interesting conversation too.

That's an excellent idea. Have a $100 ticket sale and lottery. Could also raise a lot of money
  • Reply 26 of 27
    jungmarkjungmark Posts: 6,926member
    timbit wrote: »
    That's an excellent idea. Have a $100 ticket sale and lottery. Could also raise a lot of money
    Bad idea. A lot of Fandroids and Sammy employees/paid endorsers could enter and win. Too risky.
  • Reply 27 of 27
    Better if it was a raffle rather than auction/bid. At least give the little guy a chance not just who has the most money and bids the highest.