Anybody have this months issue of Mac Addict?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Do they have the installer for the latest version of Netscape 6.x on the disc, yet?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    I have it. I don't know if they have the installer but I'll check a little later and tell you.
  • Reply 2 of 8
    fran441fran441 Posts: 3,715member
    It's a Gaming issue and has lots of demos. I didn't specifically see it, but I'll check again. I'm inclined to say no because the disc takes at least a month and a half to produce, and that would be earlier than the Netscape installer has been out.
  • Reply 3 of 8
    Thanks, all! I appreciate your looking.
  • Reply 4 of 8
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    [quote]Originally posted by EmAn:

<strong>I have it. I don't know if they have the installer but I'll check a little later and tell you.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Ya know, I'm not one to jump in with this kind of thing (and I've got into a little spat with EmAn over this before)... but are these kinds of posts really necessary?

I mean really, if I read a question here and think I can get an answer, I'll go get the answer, then post about it. I don't see the point of saying "Oh, I don't know, I'll go look." Doesn't do too much to help the guy out, does it?

I'm not trying to start anything here, but you're over 1000 posts now man, and most of them are just like this. There is more to life than how many freakin' posts you have at AI!

And no, it isn't on the disk.

[ 12-16-2001: Message edited by: murbot ]</p>
  • Reply 5 of 8
    Thanks for checking on that. So what version is on the disc? Is it still some flavor of 4.x or some early version of v.6.x?
  • Reply 6 of 8
    fran441fran441 Posts: 3,715member
    I'm not seeing the latest version. Sorry.
  • Reply 7 of 8
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    I didn't find the latest version either.
  • Reply 8 of 8
    There are about 10 games on the Disc and not much else.

[ 12-19-2001: Message edited by: MacAgent ]</p>