Video shows purported 'iPhone 6' case fits 6.1mm-thick iPod touch 'exactly'

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 30
    @echosonic yes indeed however it would be the same battery size of the 5S which gets barely average battery life as it is... and that's with the 4" smaller screen size.
  • Reply 22 of 30
    lilgto64lilgto64 Posts: 1,147member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by pmz View Post

That's not what a conspiracy is. That's your misasaociation with the word to mean "wild story".

This is what the media has done to people.

my point is that something as simple as a misunderstanding or one person's fevered dreams when labeled as "a leak" gains some measure of legitimacy simple by virtue of how it is reported which can then grow into a full fledged conspiracy theory especially if there is an official denial  

a bit of stretch all the way from this particular story to conspiracy theory but every good conspiracy theory has to start somewhere  

• Reply 23 of 30
    clemynxclemynx Posts: 1,552member
    Wow, we've hit a new low if a minutes-long video about a case is what gets people excited. Talk about first world problems...
  • Reply 24 of 30
    Just thinking, would not a sharp right angle (as is on 5s) on the side of a larger phone effect the reach of the thumb in a one handed design. Introducing iPod touch like curves would help the thumb to reach across a larger screen, as would increased thinness?
  • Reply 25 of 30
    pmzpmz Posts: 3,433member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by lilgto64 View Post

my point is that something as simple as a misunderstanding or one person's fevered dreams when labeled as "a leak" gains some measure of legitimacy simple by virtue of how it is reported which can then grow into a full fledged conspiracy theory especially if there is an official denial  

a bit of stretch all the way from this particular story to conspiracy theory but every good conspiracy theory has to start somewhere  

A conspiracy is 2 or more parties organizing and plotting to commit a crime. A conspiracy theory is a theory, like any other, that a conspiracy took place.

Again, you misinterpret the definition of the term, as the media intends you to, as they brandish anything and everything that disagrees with their advertisor-sponsored message as a "conspiracy theory" which they purposely misuse to try and convey the idea that any conspiracy theory = wild unprovable story.

• Reply 26 of 30
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    pmz wrote: »
    A conspiracy theory is a theory, like any other, that a conspiracy took place.

I've never heard of an actual conspiracy theory, only conspiracy hypothesis. It doesn't roll of the tongue as neatly (which could be a conspiracy hypothesis unto itself) but for it to technically be a theory it has been extensively tested and is generally accepted, while a hypothesis is a speculative guess that has yet to be tested.
  • Reply 27 of 30
    andysolandysol Posts: 2,506member
    Quote:

Sorry, but you're wrong. Apple is not making a 4.7" iPod touch. Sorry to disappoint you.

I'll save this for later.

iPod touch sales are dismal compared to iPhone.

They were in 2012 also.

Quote:

They are not even making a 4.7" iPod. People are stupid.

Personal attacks too?  Stay Classy.

• Reply 28 of 30
    andysol wrote: »
    Personal attacks too?  Stay Classy.

Is it really a personal attack to refer to non-specificed people? I agree with [@]pmz[/@] that people are stupid. I'd say all people are stupid. Any one of us, no matter how naturally intelligent or educated is still so very limited compared to the known body of accumulated knowledge that to acknowledge that one is stupid is probably about as insightful as you can ever become. :p
  • Reply 29 of 30
    andysolandysol Posts: 2,506member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

Is it really a personal attack to refer to non-specificed people?
    No, but this was specified.  Someone tries to get ice out a fridge not hooked up to water.  I perceive that as dumb.  I turn to you and say, it's clearly not hooked up to water, some people are stupid.  The other person overhears this and thinks "oh- he's not calling me stupid, because he didn't say my name."

Regardless, saying there won't be a 4.7" iPod touch is a ridiculous statement.  Of course, I have to remember the source, who has been known to be wrong more than right with his "absolute" predictions

10/16/2013

Quote:
    Originally Posted by sog35 View Post

just jack up the price of the mini

iPad 499

iPadMini 329

iPadMini retina 399

Quote:
    Originally Posted by pmz View Post

That would be utterly ridiculous. And it won't happen.

iPad $499

iPad mini $329

I don't see any room for today's 1st gen iPad mini after gen 2 becomes available. Apple can't afford to lower the price on it AT ALL to maintain acceptable margin

Quote:

Nope, $100 is WAAAY to slim of a difference between iPad & iPad mini w/ retina display. Never happen.

Quote:

Nope. Can't happen. People with no concept of component cost, Apple's margin, or market strategies can make up any combination they want...it doesn't make them options.

Quote:

Read much?

Yo can either speculate based on nothing intelligent whatsoever....or you can rule out the impossible first...and then whatever you're left with is the truth.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Andysol View Post

Next Tuesday we'll see.  In the meantime- while I clearly said I was speculating- you clearly state "can't happen" "You're wrong" "Will never happen" "won't happen". And plenty other definitive statements.  You, sir, have backed yourself into a corner.

But, of course, with your insider knowledge to Apple's marketing strategies, margins, and component costs- we should all listen to you vs anyone else.

Quote:

You shouldn't have to listen to me....you should be able to come to the same conclusion if you include A) Fact and B) Logic into your own reasoning.

When you don't do that, you come up with impossible scenarios. Like the iPad mini going up in price no matter what Apple were to add to it. Or the iPad mini getting the same processor and tent pole features of the much more expensive flagship iPad.

Those are impossible scenarios, and any speculation that includes them is not well thought out at all, and not worth acknowledging in the same light as scenarios that are.

• Reply 30 of 30
    andysol wrote: »
    Of course, I have to remember the source, who has been known to be wrong more than right with his "absolute" predictions

Absolutes can easily bite us in the ass. Unless you know something an unwavering truth they don't use it because coming back and saying it's hyperbole won't work as a defense.