Apple issues OS X 10.9.3 Mavericks seed to developers with minor tweaks

Posted:
in macOS edited May 2014
Apple on Tuesday seeded the latest version of its OS X 10.9.3 Mavericks beta to developers with minor changes, asking testers concentrate on the usual built-in features including graphics and Mail.

Focus areas for build 13D55 include graphics drivers, audio, Safari, Mail and Contacts & Calendar syncing over USB in iTunes. These are the same areas of interest noted in Apple's previous beta issued last week.

Past betas of the upcoming OS X 10.9.3 Mavericks supplemental update brought support for scaling that doubles pixels for 4K monitor output, suggesting the update will introduce a so-called "Retina" output mode for late-2013 MacBook Pro with Retina display.

Developers can download the build 13D55 from Apple's Developer Portal or via Software Update.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 18
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member

I hope they don't go too iOS with OSX. I like the more detailed 3-D icons. ????

• Reply 2 of 18
    richlrichl Posts: 2,213member

I wonder what's holding this thing up? Seems like it's been in beta for forever.

Is there a new product on the horizon that Apple might be waiting for?

• Reply 3 of 18
    kkerstkkerst Posts: 330member
    Wifi syncing is still a disaster. It's never worked right for me. The problem is, when a device leaves the same Wifi network as iTunes, it wigs out and forgets about the device. When the device does come back to the same network once again, iTunes is off into the weeds and never sees the device. I gave up on Wifi syncing long ago.
  • Reply 4 of 18
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

I hope they don't go too iOS with OSX. I like the more detailed 3-D icons. ????

Aren’t they on record saying that won’t happen?

• Reply 5 of 18
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    richl wrote: »
    I wonder what's holding this thing up? Seems like it's been in beta for forever.

Is there a new product on the horizon that Apple might be waiting for?

It hasn't even been 2 months yet. 10.9.1 to 10.9.2 took a little over 2 months and 10.9.0 to 10.9.1 took just under.

This is the 9th beta but it's also the 3rd one in on their annual release cycle so I would image they don't need to push out an update as quickly to fix more severe issues. Adjusting for the launch date Mountain Lion wouldn't have gotten it's third point update until June 11th, and the time between 10.8.2 and 10.8.3 was nearly 5.5 months. I could see it being released as early as later this week or not until around WWDC.
  • Reply 6 of 18

I want my Mail.app Search functionality back...like...now. It's crippled without it.

• Reply 7 of 18
    macxpressmacxpress Posts: 5,808member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Aren’t they on record saying that won’t happen?

Doesn't mean it won't happen. 

• Reply 8 of 18
    macxpressmacxpress Posts: 5,808member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by kkerst View Post

Wifi syncing is still a disaster. It's never worked right for me. The problem is, when a device leaves the same Wifi network as iTunes, it wigs out and forgets about the device. When the device does come back to the same network once again, iTunes is off into the weeds and never sees the device. I gave up on Wifi syncing long ago.

This sounds like an issue with iTunes, not OS X. People still sync iOS devices with iTunes??? I'm shocked! 

• Reply 9 of 18
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Originally Posted by macxpress View Post

Doesn't mean it won't happen. 

Uh…

• Reply 10 of 18
    macxpress wrote: »
    This sounds like an issue with iTunes, not OS X. People still sync iOS devices with iTunes??? I'm shocked! 

If it's an available function it should work. Yes it's an iTunes problem.
  • Reply 11 of 18

Well it's not arrived here in the UK as of now 16.55pm GMT.Still showing previous 45 update.

• Reply 12 of 18
    lkrupplkrupp Posts: 10,557member
    Quote:

For you maybe. Not for the majority. Not for me. It just works.

• Reply 13 of 18

I installed the previous beta as member of Beta Seed program but the new one isn't showing up in Software Update as it should - right?

Anyone else here with that problem?  ThankZ.

• Reply 14 of 18

I thought the same thing would happen. Sadly it's not available for us.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mac Daddy Zee View Post

I installed the previous beta as member of Beta Seed program but the new one isn't showing up in Software Update as it should - right?

Anyone else here with that problem?  ThankZ.

• Reply 15 of 18
    Quote:

Originally Posted by lkrupp View Post

For you maybe. Not for the majority. Not for me. It just works.

It might also be routed related. I'm using a WRT54G, one of the most used routers on the planet. It is old, but I won't buy a new router for a problem like this. 

P.S. Just because you're not having a problem doesn't mean other people aren't. Maybe I'm holding the mouse the wrong way. 

• Reply 16 of 18
    lkrupplkrupp Posts: 10,557member
    Quote:

It might also be routed related. I'm using a WRT54G, one of the most used routers on the planet. It is old, but I won't buy a new router for a problem like this. 

P.S. Just because you're not having a problem doesn't mean other people aren't. Maybe I'm holding the mouse the wrong way. 

And just because you are having issues does not mean that “Wifi syncing is still a disaster,” a blanket statement that is patently wrong for the vast majority. Labeling the feature a disaster for all users is inviting a challenge. 

• Reply 17 of 18
    lkrupp wrote: »
    And just because you are having issues does not mean that “Wifi syncing is still a disaster,” a blanket statement that is patently wrong for the vast majority. Labeling the feature a disaster for all users is inviting a challenge. 
    "Disaster....for me"
  • Reply 18 of 18
    jwtrompjwtromp Posts: 2member
    It seems Apple is going to introduce the lacking 4K monitor.