Photos show highly suspect 'iPhone 6' dummy with ultra-slim design, rounded edges

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 74
    andysolandysol Posts: 2,506member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by pmz View Post

How many dollars did the iPad mini 1st generation decrease the day the Reina Mini became available?

$30.  It went from $329 to $299

http://www.engadget.com/2013/10/22/apple-ipad-mini-price-drop-299/

Quote:

Which is exactly what I was getting at in 2013. I did not see it as possible for the Retina Mini to come in at $299

Incorrect- you didn't see it as possible for the Retina Mini to come in at $399.

Quote:

AND for the iPad mini 1 to continue existing at ANY LOWER PRICE POINT.

Except it did, and has.

Quote:

I was NOT WRONG at all about the clear cut obvious statement that Apple would not lower the price of the first gen mini. They couldn't, and didn't.

Except you were wrong.  They could, and did.

If you're going to be ass, be an accurate ass.

Being an ass?  Like this when you retorted with Tallest a couple days back and tried to throw something back in his face?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by pmz View Post

I heard that same statement from you regarding iPhone 5, except the opposite....you were DEAD SET against any reasonable possibility that Apple would call it iPhone 5 since it was clearly NOT the 5th generation iPhone.

Yet it happened anyway. Don't make me dig up the posts. Just cool off your "I know what Apple HAS to name the next iPhone." 

So I respond with essentially the exact same thing you did to Tallest.  You go on and on about how brilliant and knowledgable you are, how dumb and ignorant everyone else is- all while giving definitive statement after definitive statement.  Then you are proven wrong, again and again.

Look, if you were nice to people, or you said "I don't believe there will be an iPod touch because xyz", then I wouldn't be giving you a hard time.

But you're rude, you think you know everything, and you talk down to people.  I'm sure you're a joy to be around in the real world...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andysol View Post

Let's play a game- how many times can pmz be proven wrong this morning?

For those keeping track- it's now 2.

• Reply 62 of 74
    flaneurflaneur Posts: 4,526member
    rogifan wrote: »
    These are my questions. Why is 2014 the year for a bigger iPhone but not 2012 or 2013?

See, this is why I doubt your intentions here. How many times do you have to be told—yes TOLD as in like a little kid—that It has been a high-efficiency, high-density screen issue?
  • Reply 63 of 74

THIS...

I truly hope that Apple does produce a large-screen Galaxy Note sized iPhone. I have the Galaxy Note 1, and any screen smaller than that would just not feel right. Obviously, I prefer Apple technology; but I am open to a well-built Android device that I can customize.

If Apple could just incorporate the iPhone softphone technology into an LTE iPad mini Retina (with Touch ID), that would be an ideal mobile communication device that would function as a second phone, where I can use a Bluetooth headset to take calls, and see all of my messages from both cellular and iMessage, in a larger display device that can fit in my hand, sit on my desk, and be docked in my car's dashboard (or hang from the windshield).

• Reply 64 of 74
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,320moderator
    realcool wrote: »
    I believe that's an iPod. I also believe that iphone will be the rumored 4.7 and the iPod would be 5.5, provided those are the correct specs according to rumors.

The protruding camera, single LED flash, rounded back, buttons, rear case with no splits match the current iPod Touch:

The camera position is odd though. With so much space, why cram it right up to the top edge? No sim slot and no shell splits would suggest no cell phone capability.

Would it qualify as a phablet with no cellular? It would have wifi and allow VOIP as well as iMessages but no persistent connection so people wouldn't replace their phone and tablet with one. They of course can't make it a proper phablet and undercut the iPhone. However, there are products in China that can turn iPods into phones so maybe they can tackle the Asian phablet market that way:

http://www.peel520.net

Just sell the huge iPod officially and let 3rd parties add cell capability to it. They'd undercut Samsung by not making it a phone. If it takes off, that could push the iPod from 2.7m per quarter back up to over 10m. If it doesn't take off due to lacking cellular, sales will keep sliding and they'll drop the iPod line.
  • Reply 65 of 74
    aaronjaaronj Posts: 1,595member

Well, since the iPhone 4S I've been updating with each new iteration.  Thank you Gazelle, and screw you ATT for charing me $36 to update one year into my contract.*

But if they go to some 5" BS, then I'm hanging onto my 5S for as long as I can.  I'm sorry, but I've already got a 27" iMac, a 15" Macbook, and an iPad Air.  WTF do I need some 5"+ phone for?!  NO.  Just no.

* Yes, I understand it's a contract.  And yes, I understand why they do it and why I am responsible for paying it.  But I wish it were $24 (or less) like it was the first time.  Oh well.

• Reply 66 of 74
    Quote:

Originally Posted by AaronJ View Post

screw you ATT for charing me $36 to update one year into my contract.*

* Yes, I understand it's a contract.  And yes, I understand why they do it and why I am responsible for paying it.  But I wish it were $24 (or less) like it was the first time.  Oh well.

I've never had to pay that.  If you call, they take it off.

• Reply 67 of 74
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Andysol View Post

I've never had to pay that.  If you call, they take it off.

Seriously?!

God, why am I such an idiot?  Thanks for the heads up.

• Reply 68 of 74
    flaneurflaneur Posts: 4,526member
    Marvin wrote: »
    The protruding camera, single LED flash, rounded back, buttons, rear case with no splits match the current iPod Touch:

The camera position is odd though. With so much space, why cram it right up to the top edge?

My theory would be that with such a small lens it helps enormously to have the corner of the device for reference, especially when you're trying to get a quick close-up. I pity those who have to vaguely imagine where the lens is when it's adrift in the middle of the back somewhere.

Then again, there could be internal hardware constraints they have to "cram" for.
  • Reply 69 of 74
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    aaronj wrote: »
    Well, since the iPhone 4S I've been updating with each new iteration.  Thank you Gazelle, and screw you ATT for charing me $36 to update one year into my contract.*

But if they go to some 5" BS, then I'm hanging onto my 5S for as long as I can.  I'm sorry, but I've already got a 27" iMac, a 15" Macbook, and an iPad Air.  WTF do I need some 5"+ phone for?!  NO.  Just no.

That fee isn't as scandalous as their SMS fees but it's still ridiculous. You're charging me a huge fee just to be a customer. And it's not like it takes any real effort. They are only activating the phone. Imagine if you walked into a restaurant and before you were seated you were told the hostess would be charging you $36 to seat you. It takes about the same amount of time. You're dining with a family? That's $36 each but you can get on out family plan by sharing a single large dinner. Ridiculous.
  • Reply 70 of 74
    Quote:

Originally Posted by AaronJ View Post

Seriously?!

God, why am I such an idiot?  Thanks for the heads up.

It still doesn't change how dumb it is.  The fact I have to waste my time on hold, etc is insane.

• Reply 71 of 74
    Quote:

It still doesn't change how dumb it is.  The fact I have to waste my time on hold, etc is insane.

Truthiness.

• Reply 72 of 74
    pmzpmz Posts: 3,433member
    Quote:

$30.  It went from $329 to $299

http://www.engadget.com/2013/10/22/apple-ipad-mini-price-drop-299/

Guess I forgot that. Oh well. Apologies.

• Reply 73 of 74
    I'm not in the market for an iPhone any time soon, but when I am, I don't want an iPhone any bigger than the current size. I have an iPhone 5S and I think it's the perfect size for my hand (and head). I just don't want any bigger. I hope Apple maintains an option smaller than 5.5" or even 4.7".
  • Reply 74 of 74
    pazuzupazuzu Posts: 1,728member

Just don't sit on it.