MOSR dead!?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Hi all. This is my first topic, so be gentle. I posted it in here because:

a) This is the only thread I go to.

b) I like you guys.

c) This might be fun.

Ok, I went to MOSR, and they are completely offline?? What do you think happened?? Were they pulled by the Mighty Apple Legal Team?? Or did they die due to unnatural server crashes.

Discuss.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 94
    neomacneomac Posts: 145member
    I have said this all along, MOSR is actually run by the Taliban -- how else can explain the pure bullsh*t on that site -- and now that Kandahar has fallen the servers have been destroyed.

• Reply 2 of 94
    You're new around here so I'll cut you some slack and tell you that MOSRs goes down a lot. We don't know why but I'm guessing either crappy ISP and/or plain incompetence.
  • Reply 3 of 94
    I'll go with incompetence
  • Reply 3 of 94
    I'll go with incompetence
  • Reply 5 of 94
    airslufairsluf Posts: 1,861member
  • Reply 6 of 94
    MOSR? what does it mean?
  • Reply 7 of 94
    stimulistimuli Posts: 564member
    Mac OS Rumours <a href="http://www.mosr.com"; target="_blank">http://www.mosr.com</a>;
  • Reply 8 of 94
    cindercinder Posts: 381member
    They run their own site.

They're not very good at it.

There are mailing list, database, server, domain problems, etc. etc. every week.

don't DIY if you can't do it.

dumbasses
  • Reply 9 of 94
    sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 18,016member
    [quote]Originally posted by NeoMac:

<strong>I have said this all along, MOSR is actually run by the Taliban -- how else can explain the pure bullsh*t on that site -- and now that Kandahar has fallen the servers have been destroyed.

</strong><hr></blockquote>

That is my second choice. I agree with Jonathan....incompetence is my vote. They freakin charge for that mailing list or whatever....does anyone get it? (Reader Sponsors is what I meant).

NeoMac, what do mean serverS? Like they can afford more than one? As if that kick-ass Performa with CD-ROM drive didn't bankrupt them.
  • Reply 10 of 94
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    Who cares if they're dead? They're horrible anyway.
  • Reply 11 of 94
    So much hate for MOSR here. You'd think we were posting to a rival site or something.
  • Reply 12 of 94
    [quote]Originally posted by discstickers:

<strong>So much hate for MOSR here. You'd think we were posting to a rival site or something. </strong><hr></blockquote>

It's just that we're the better rumor site (when AI's actually got new rumors).
  • Reply 13 of 94
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    I'm all for good rumor sites, but MOSR is just bad, bad, bad. They couldn't get their shit together in a bathroom for christ's sake...

Let's all pray for bad things to happen to them.
  • Reply 14 of 94
    murkmurk Posts: 935member
    You should have paid your sponsorship fees to keep it going. Who are you going to bitch about now? MOSR gets unfairly slammed sometimes. They never get credit when they are right. Remember last spring Ryan predicted that Apple would introduce a new digital device at an Apple event. Sounds like they nailed the iPod. Sure they didn't get too specific about what it would be, but then we are still arguing over what it really is. If I remember correctly, they actually predicted more devices to follow. Didn't Schilller do the same at the iPod intro?

In the end, however, MOSR just gives the same thing that coming here does. Ryan, Dorsal, Kormac, Kelix et al? in your heart you know they are our favorites. A lot of it is BS, but its fun and sometimes it can make you hope & dream for the future. Once in a while they get lucky. If nothing else, they give us someting to think, talk and bitch about. Hell, maybe sometimes they even give Apple ideas.

[ 12-09-2001: Message edited by: murk ]</p>
  • Reply 15 of 94
    [quote]Originally posted by murbot:

<strong>I'm all for good rumor sites, but MOSR is just bad, bad, bad. They couldn't get their shit together in a bathroom for christ's sake...

</strong><hr></blockquote>

LOL. Good one.
  • Reply 16 of 94
    nebrienebrie Posts: 483member
    [quote]Originally posted by murk:

<strong>You should have paid your sponsorship fees to keep it going. Who are you going to bitch about now? MOSR gets unfairly slammed sometimes. They never get credit when they are right. Remember last spring Ryan predicted that Apple would introduce a new digital device at an Apple event. Sounds like they nailed the iPod. Sure they didn't get too specific about what it would be, but then we are still arguing over what it really is. If I remember correctly, they actually predicted more devices to follow. Didn't Schilller do the same at the iPod intro?

In the end, however, MOSR just gives the same thing that coming here does. Ryan, Dorsal, Kormac, Kelix et al— in your heart you know they are our favorites. A lot of it is BS, but its fun and sometimes it can make you hope & dream for the future. Once in a while they get lucky. If nothing else, they give us someting to think, talk and bitch about. Hell, maybe sometimes they even give Apple ideas.

[ 12-09-2001: Message edited by: murk ]</strong><hr></blockquote>

LOL, you're not any better at facts than Ryan Meader. Unless you are him of course.
  • Reply 17 of 94
    murkmurk Posts: 935member
    Rumors are just rumors, not facts. If you want facts, stick to the mainstream news sites or at least the current hardware section of this forum. What facts in my post are you talking about?. It was mostly just opinion, and mostly tongue in cheek (especially the part about paying your sponsorship fee). Do you mean the MOSR digital device prediction? Like I said, they did predict Apple would be introducing them, and they made the prediction at a time (I think last May or June) when it was not expected. To clarify for Nebrie's understanding, this is approximately when they made the prediction not when they said it would be announced. It's nothing earth shattering, but just one that they got partially right. I'd track down the link, but that's not possible until Ryan can scrape up the dough to pay his electric bill.

P.S.- To correct the only other fact in my post? Schiller predicted the upcoming device would be the first of many at the financial report the week before the iPod was introduced. He did not say this at the iPod press conference.

[ 12-09-2001: Message edited by: murk ]</p>
  • Reply 18 of 94
    cdhostagecdhostage Posts: 1,038member
    The old AI was a much better rumors site than MOSR. The modern one is ok, but needs to step up production a bit. Quality is good. We want rampant quantity!

MOSR = incompnetent
  • Reply 19 of 94
    Hmm AI is better than MOSR?

MOSR is incompetent because they run their own server on Mac OS X Server (allegedly) which is hardly prime-time as a real UNIX server (ask anyone who is trying to get it all to work as a real UNIX server)?

Wasn't it AppleInsider who posted incredibly WRONG rumors almost as the holy gospel many times and never recinded them or ever corrected themselves. Yeah MOSR is out there, but at least we don't treat it as the near-truth as do many with AI.

Wasn't it AppleInsider which was hosted on a G4 Cube by some drug-addled souphead who "forgot" to pay *his* ISP bill and whacked AI into oblivion?

Yeah, AI is the kettle calling the pot black eh?

The most unpopular people are usally the ones speaking the truth.
  • Reply 20 of 94
    falconfalcon Posts: 458member
    Im gonna stand with Murk on this one. I frankly couldnt care less if MOSR got everything or nothing right. Its fun to read, speculate, and debate about. All you guys ragging on MOSR need rane in the horses, becuase all MOSR has ever done is post some rumors sent to it by their sources. Who gives a **** if there true there are still fun to debate. You guys act like Ryan Meader ran over you grandmother or something. Get a grip and have a little fun.