Jury's verdict in Apple vs Samsung case threatens far reaching consequences

1235»

Comments

• Reply 81 of 88
    jungmarkjungmark Posts: 6,926member
    solipsismx wrote: »
    I loved the first one and liked the second.

I liked the first one and thought the second one was ok. I had a lot of issues with it.
  • Reply 82 of 88
    Dan_DilgerDan_Dilger Posts: 1,583member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by pazuzu View Post

After that verdict and that award- this article is nonsense.

This article described exactly what the potential verdicts were and why. 

There are two variables still in play that it outlines. 

• Reply 83 of 88
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,213member
    solipsismx wrote: »
    I loved the first one and liked the second.

I did too. Really good development of the back-story without going too far with it IMO.
  • Reply 84 of 88
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    DED should apologize for this hyperbolic nonsense-filled article. He never gave a moment of thought to the possibility Apple would be handed a middling win and Samsung would be handed an even lesser win. Patent owners should be alarmed at the indifference displayed by this jury, IMO.
  • Reply 85 of 88
    What an embarrassment for Apple. Maybe now they will stop suing and try to become an innovator once again. They are quickly losing market share in the iPhone and iPad market to Samsung, and holding their on in the PC space. Either they get back to creating new things or sometime in the future we will be using Apple in the same sentence as Blackberry. So sad to watch this decline.

Everyone can continue to bash Samsung but from everything I read Samsung has diversified into many businesses; Construction, Heavy Industries, Healthcare, Medical Centers, Insurance, Finance, Automobiles, Ship building, cameras, appliances, Tel-com, in addition to their electronics and manufacturing superiority.

https://www.shi.samsung.co.kr/Eng/

Apple: consumer gadgets.
  • Reply 86 of 88
    benjamin frostbenjamin frost Posts: 7,203member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

DED should apologize for this hyperbolic nonsense-filled article. He never gave a moment of thought to the possibility Apple would be handed a middling win and Samsung would be handed an even lesser win. Patent owners should be alarmed at the indifference displayed by this jury, IMO.

Try reading the article before commenting.

• Reply 87 of 88
    technarchytechnarchy Posts: 296member

With tech patent disputes, getting a savvy enough jury that understands the scope and damage of copying will be damn near impossible.
  • Reply 88 of 88
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    technarchy wrote: »
    With tech patent disputes, getting a savvy enough jury that understands the scope and damage of copying will be damn near impossible.

I think the presenting attorneys would have to waste far too much time explaining how patent law works before presenting their case.