If the 4.7" iPhone6 becomes the top tier model, what about those of us who want to stay at 4"?

Posted:
in iPhone edited May 2014

After the iPhone 6 is released, the iPhone 5S will probably become the $99 model. What happens to those of us who want to stay with 4"? Will Apple release two top tier phones - 4.7" and 4".

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,309moderator
    They didn't have 3.5" and 4" flagship models so I expect a single model. The leaks so far look pretty unreliable - at best they describe a 4.7" iPod Touch not an iPhone. Phone cases don't have holes for sim trays and the plastic mockup just added a sim tray under the assumption the case was for an iPhone. Perhaps the iPod Touch is 4.7" and the iPhone 6 is smaller but thicker without the camera sticking out the back. I expect someone will get a back case once they go into production around say June/July. They need to build up a supply of about 50 million units for the September quarter but not all for launch day. Say on launch weekend it's 10 million units, if they do 0.5m per day, they need to start assembly in early August. For the iPhone 5, a finished back plate was available in early June. Give it a few weeks and maybe there will be some part leak and then we'll see for sure what size they are going with.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    bitemymacbitemymac Posts: 1,147member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by RalphMouth View Post

After the iPhone 6 is released, the iPhone 5S will probably become the $99 model. What happens to those of us who want to stay with 4"? Will Apple release two top tier phones - 4.7" and 4".

I hate digital music.  I wish all albums (ones I want to purchase) are released on vinyl.  So, I buy what I can if available and life goes on.....

Such is life.....  it goes on with or without you.

Small phones may be a good size to hold in your one hand, but will put more stress on your aging eyes.  Most people buying smart phones do not hold/use in one hand all day long even if they can.  Actually, most people buying smart phones no longer use them primarily as a telephone but as a smart communication/entertainment device.  

You're entitled to buy what you want and what you can at the price you can afford.  I will buy a bigger iphone replacing my iPhone 5 ASAP.