Samsung reveals design inspiration for Galaxy S5

1235»

Comments

• Reply 81 of 94
    flaneurflaneur Posts: 4,526member
    macxpress wrote: »
    I call BS...

I don't think you enjoy the Credibility Reserve to make this charge convincingly.
  • Reply 82 of 94
    hill60hill60 Posts: 6,992member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post

This look like a iPhone?

Yep, especially that camera icon in the bottom right corner.

• Reply 83 of 94
    ijoynerijoyner Posts: 135member
    Seems Samsung uses marketing-driven design, rather than user-driven design.
  • Reply 84 of 94
    island hermitisland hermit Posts: 6,217member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ijoyner View Post

Seems Samsung uses marketing-driven design, rather than user-driven design.

No no no... it's Apple-driven design.

• Reply 85 of 94
    hill60hill60 Posts: 6,992member
    [IMG]http://forums.appleinsider.com/content/type/61/id/42822/width/200/height/400[/IMG]

Look, look, my 5s has the beautiful brilliance of a diamond ;)
  • Reply 86 of 94
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

Originally Posted by island hermit View Post

No no no... it's Apple-driven design.

Driven off a cliff.

• Reply 87 of 94
    simtubsimtub Posts: 277member

"If you look at the abstractive pattern, you cannot help to think that it resembles something... Diamond," Samsung reminded its audience. "That is because the designers were actually inspired by diamonds. The 'brilliant' or diamond cut design is a design in which diamonds are cut in a distinct form with many facets, having exceptional brilliance. That's why you can see diamond cuts on the main lock screen, which adds a sense of sophistication to the Galaxy S5 to make it fashionable and unique."

LOL SAMSUNG...

• Reply 88 of 94
    philboogiephilboogie Posts: 7,675member
    gtr wrote: »
    This link provided by ClemyNX is actually pretty funny!

Everybody check it out!

I tried, but just get an white page with their logo and:

"There are no posts yet."

Do I need Flash installed?

Also get zilch on my iPhone & iPad...
  • Reply 89 of 94
    gtrgtr Posts: 3,231member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by PhilBoogie View Post

I tried, but just get an white page with their logo and: "There are no posts yet."

That's the joke!

This blog is dedicated to showcase all the innovative and original designs by Samsung.

There are no posts yet.

Here's a screenshot for everybody else:

• Reply 90 of 94
    philboogiephilboogie Posts: 7,675member
    gtr wrote: »
    ^ post

Suffering from somnolence here; that was a good wake-up call!
  • Reply 91 of 94
    benjamin frostbenjamin frost Posts: 7,203member

...Samsung notes. "In result, many users have been raving...[mad]

Too right.

• Reply 92 of 94
    ingsocingsoc Posts: 212member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Brandon Powell View Post

Every major company copies

You're right to an extent. However - it may sound lame to say - but I really think there's a difference between "inspired by" and "ripped off from".

For example, when Steve Jobs unveiled the iPhone 4, he compared it to a Leica camera. This is one of those comparisons that is really valid and earnest, I think, because he isn't saying "we copied the Leica camera" - he's saying that there are some similar design and aesthetic principles that the two products share, because they both share similar philosophical approaches.

I think that's very different than simply taking a design and blatantly duplicating it but changing the logo. Samsung and many others are absolutely guilty of this. There is a broad sense in which Apple's industrial design has (fairly) influenced an entire industry...and that inspiration is OK. But the outright copying we often see is a different beast, I'd say.

• Reply 93 of 94
    benjamin frostbenjamin frost Posts: 7,203member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Ingsoc View Post

You're right to an extent. However - it may sound lame to say - but I really think there's a difference between "inspired by" and "ripped off from".

For example, when Steve Jobs unveiled the iPhone 4, he compared it to a Leica camera. This is one of those comparisons that is really valid and earnest, I think, because he isn't saying "we copied the Leica camera" - he's saying that there are some similar design and aesthetic principles that the two products share, because they both share similar philosophical approaches.

I think that's very different than simply taking a design and blatantly duplicating it but changing the logo. Samsung and many others are absolutely guilty of this. There is a broad sense in which Apple's industrial design has (fairly) influenced an entire industry...and that inspiration is OK. But the outright copying we often see is a different beast, I'd say.

Yes.