Apple's iOS takes 93% share in enterprise apps; iPad takes 92% of business tablets

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 32
    ericthehalfbeeericthehalfbee Posts: 4,486member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by christopher126 View Post

Does this mean people, IT personel and enterprises that chose Android, chose a subpar product? Me thinks so! image

There are other possibilities. Those 8% could have made a deal with Samsung or other company. Or they could have picked Android because they wanted to actually modify the OS in a way they can't with iOS. For example, some agencies picked Android for secure use - not because it's inherently secure, but because they can lock it down. These devices have virtually everything removed (like the Play Store) and severe restrictions placed on how it can work. So technically they run Android, but not anything resembling what you'd see running on your Samsung or HTC phone.

• Reply 22 of 32
    moreckmoreck Posts: 187member
    I'd also like to see the enterprise activation statistics for Mac/Win PCs to get a grasp of the full enterprise picture. *conducts a search for this info*
  • Reply 23 of 32
    nchianchia Posts: 124member
    Goes to show how big Android is in the consumer market.
  • Reply 24 of 32
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    broadbean wrote: »
    Goes to show how big Android is in the consumer market.

What in the article indicates Android consumer usage?
  • Reply 25 of 32
    addicted44addicted44 Posts: 830member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Macky the Macky View Post

Some of that... IT has always chosen "cost to acquire" over "cost of use" because when the "cost of use" is high, it means a bigger IT staff which means a bigger corporate kingdom for the MIS manager. Another part of the story is BYOC (Bring Your Own Crap) to work.

Id imagine it is more likely because of older IT staff which is carrying over a justified (at the time) hatred of Apple to today.

I find it very hard to see how business could justify buying Android over iOS. Hecjk, Apple's consumer update policies are better than Android's enterprise ones. And seamless updates to the latest (or at least most secure) OS is pretty much THE most important thing for businesses.

• Reply 26 of 32
    bestkeptsecretbestkeptsecret Posts: 4,265member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by RadarTheKat View Post

I was just settling in to watch Fight Club on HBO when I got an alert of a new DED article. Fight Club will just have to wait!

Too bad you didn't watch it. If you did you'd know that the first rule of Fight Club is....

• Reply 27 of 32
    hill60hill60 Posts: 6,992member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by EricTheHalfBee View Post

There are other possibilities. Those 8% could have made a deal with Samsung or other company. Or they could have picked Android because they wanted to actually modify the OS in a way they can't with iOS. For example, some agencies picked Android for secure use - not because it's inherently secure, but because they can lock it down. These devices have virtually everything removed (like the Play Store) and severe restrictions placed on how it can work. So technically they run Android, but not anything resembling what you'd see running on your Samsung or HTC phone.

My iPhone is locked down for corporate use, with my permission of course:-

• Reply 28 of 32
    pazuzupazuzu Posts: 1,728member
    Yet they all continue to prefer Office. What a conundrum.
  • Reply 29 of 32
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Originally Posted by pazuzu View Post

Yet they all continue to prefer Office. What a conundrum.

That’s a joke, right?

• Reply 30 of 32
    benjamin frostbenjamin frost Posts: 7,203member
    cnocbui wrote: »
    Exactly what does this data mean - is it measuring the use of every iPad and tablet in the US or is it measuring the nature of devices making use of products purveyed by Good?

It's whatever makes Apple seem worse in your eyes.
  • Reply 31 of 32
    benjamin frostbenjamin frost Posts: 7,203member
    Too bad you didn't watch it. If you did you'd know that the first rule of Fight Club is....

To read Daniel Eran Dilger before watching Fight Club.
  • Reply 32 of 32
    klarksonklarkson Posts: 5member

The iPad is definitely becoming the new standard in enterprise! I remember a few month ago when my company decided to equip its employees with tablets. Everybody was talking about iPad since the first meeting, it was so obvious to everybody that it comes naturally, without any specific debates or decisions to choose whether an iPad or an another. In fact all the debates and discussions were about the application we should use for project management and collaborative work. We ended up with Beesy, which is a great app only available on iPad..

I think this way of thinking is normal in the enterprise, somehow Apple manage to conquest the enterprise market and it won't change before a looong time in my opinion!