What's a "NO DOA"

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
This ties in to my other thread on safety on eBay. One of the products has a "NO DOA" guarantee. I know that DOA is dead on arrival, but what does the NO in front mean? Thanks.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    sinewavesinewave Posts: 1,074member
    It means the guarantee that it wont arrive DOA.
  • Reply 2 of 9
    it means the product will work when you get it; and for the time of the warranty.
  • Reply 3 of 9
    [quote]Originally posted by iDude:

<strong>This ties in to my other thread on safety on eBay. One of the products has a "NO DOA" guarantee. I know that DOA is dead on arrival, but what does the NO in front mean? Thanks.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Phil, would you mind not cross-posting the exact same messages to MacNN, AppleInsider, and Newtontalk? You're getting suitable responses from each of the sources, so you don't need to post on each of them.
  • Reply 4 of 9
    idudeidude Posts: 352member
    Sorry btober, but usually when I post something, I only get a few responses from one or two places, so I post to them all. I just want to make sure I can get an answer, and I can't believe you look at all three anyways!
  • Reply 5 of 9
    I don't see why people care if people cross post, I do the same at times, because I want to hear the opinions of different people. Some people post at one place only.
  • Reply 6 of 9
    airslufairsluf Posts: 1,861member
  • Reply 7 of 9
    [quote]Originally posted by AirSluf:

<strong>Posting in other outside fora isn't cross-posting nor should it be annoying, they are different communities. More than one thread in any one fora would be annoying though.

Ask away iDude.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Exactly.

More than one thread that's the same on the same forum = bad

Different forums = good
  • Reply 8 of 9
    idudeidude Posts: 352member
    Thanks everyone. Now that I know what that is, I just went and bid for a Newton 2100. Let you know what happens (also, thanks for agreeing with me about cross posting.)
  • Reply 9 of 9
    [quote]Originally posted by iDude:

<strong>Thanks everyone. Now that I know what that is, I just went and bid for a Newton 2100. Let you know what happens (also, thanks for agreeing with me about cross posting.)</strong><hr></blockquote>

I'm sorry if I came out as "rough" about it, I just wanted to express my thoughts. I'm sure there's very few people who are on all three of those communications, but, for at least myself, it looked sort of "annoying." Again, I'm sorry.