Best choice for upgrading Pismo's HD..

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I have a Pismo 400 with a 6GB drive that just isn't big enough anymore.

Any recommendations on a 10 GB or larger 2.5" IDE drive? I don't need a huge drive.. just a small price tag

-robo

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    i'm about to have an extra 10 gig from a dual USB iBook. give me a shipping adress and i can get you one for free.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    fran441fran441 Posts: 3,715member
    The Holiday Season. Gotta love it.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    Are you sure you'll be happy with 10GB? I used to have an iMac wit a 6gig HD and I thought it wasn't enough. Then when I got my iBook with a 10GB I found that I was running out of space quickly so I got an external 60GB. I think in the long run you'll be better off getting a larger internal drive rather than just a 10GB.
  • Reply 4 of 7
    probably. that's how i felt at least. i am putting a 30 GB in a TiPB for my sister, and taking her stock 20GB and putting it in the iBook. thus leaving me a 10 GB drive. on my PC i've got over 120GB of storage, but only about 30 of that is still free.

not sure what size drive the Pismo takes, but i just picked up a 30GB drive for the iBook (really small drive) for $150. well worth the money.

-alcimedes
  • Reply 5 of 7
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    Some guys have all the luck.

If anyone else have a spare 10-15 GB disk just sitting there on the desk I would gladly free the desk space for you and I am even prepared to PAY FOR THE SHIPPING. Thats an offer you can´t refuse.

Perhaps we should make a trading thread. A list of parts you don´t need and want to give away.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    roborobo Posts: 469member
    Wow alcimedes! That would be great. I don't know what the going price is for a 10 Gig, but i would gladly pay you for the disk.

As i mentioned before, i don't need a huge drive, but i've been editing audio files and need a few extra gigs of breathing room. 10 Gig would be perfect.

I don't have your email address (not an admin anymore :o ) but please drop me a note at robo(at)robo.cx

Thanks again,

robo
  • Reply 7 of 7
    Robo, <a href="http://eshop.macsales.com/Catalog_Page.cfm?Parent=91&amp;Title=2.5" IDE %26%20SCSI%20for%20Laptops&Template=" target="_blank">here's a link</a> that lists many popular 2.5" drives.

I would seriously consider the 48GB IBM travelstar at $380 if you are looking for speed. It runs at 5400rpm and is significantly faster that anything else on the market.

If you're on a budget, the best storage per unit price is offered by 30GB drives. One listed Fujitsu 30GB drive costs only $140.

(And shouldn't this thread be in Current Hardware, you naughtly little man?)

[ 12-27-2001: Message edited by: Codename ]</p>