Rumor: Beats CEO in talks to join Apple as 'special advisor' to Tim Cook

Comments

• Reply 21 of 73
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    snova wrote: »
    Then wouldn't it be prudent to not say so in your post?

Where have I stated otherwise? I don't recall a single comment I made that stated this will not ever happen.
    again, looks like more and more like you are trying to gracefully back away from eating crow.

What am I backing away from? I started off by stating that I don't see how this is worth over $3 billion to Apple and I've maintained that, despite opening myself up to additional information that could make me see the benefit such an expensive purchase for IP that Apple has under its belt for an acquisition that far exceeds what Apple has ever paid for a company. The odds are that will change someday but why Beats (asking for the n-th time)?

See the difference: "I don't see the value." ? "There is no value." If I felt the latter was true I would back it up with evidence. Not seeing value and asking for someone to point out the value is looking for more information. All I want from you is information.
  • Reply 22 of 73
    philboogiephilboogie Posts: 7,675member
    Anyone in need of a good laugh after these comments, read this thread:

http://www.gixxer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=226570
  • Reply 23 of 73
    quinneyquinney Posts: 2,528member
    Maybe Beats is trying to dupe Samsung into paying $3.7 Billion. Samsung is more desperate to look cool than Apple.
  • Reply 24 of 73
    gtrgtr Posts: 3,231member

• Reply 25 of 73
    gtr wrote: »
    [image]

1) Now Dropbox I could make a case for a $3.2 billion purchase.

2) Dropbox is the example I would use for an argument as to why Apple needs to buy Beats since Apple had every component of what Dropbox brilliantly and beautifully does but couldn't figure out how to do.
  • Reply 26 of 73
    island hermitisland hermit Posts: 6,217member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by quinney View Post

Maybe Beats is trying to dupe Samsung into paying $3.7 Billion. Samsung is more desperate to look cool than Apple.

Google just upped the ante to $4.4 billion. Apple will pick it up from Google next year for $1.5 billion.

• Reply 27 of 73
    snovasnova Posts: 1,281member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

1) Now Dropbox I could make a case for a $3.2 billion purchase.

If you know what you are doing and confident in yourself you may want to consider a career change. It likely pays a lot better than what you or I make in our real day jobs.   I personally won't pretend to be able to present a case for acquisition valuation for either Dropbox, Beats or any other company that wants to put itself up for sale.   Anyone, who attempts to do the same here that has no inside knowledge of either company or the professional background to do such evalution is just speculating wildly.   However, you somehow feel that you can evaluate  spending billions of dollars on companies without insider information while playing arm chair quarterback. 

• Reply 28 of 73
    ...is just speculating.

That's what it means to make a case for something.
    However, you somehow feel that you can evaluate spending billions of dollars on companies without insider information while playing arm chair quarterback.

Absolutely! I, like anyone else, can state opinions in the form of an argument as to why I feel something may or may not occur.
  • Reply 29 of 73
    macky the mackymacky the macky Posts: 4,801member
    quinney wrote: »

Google just upped the ante to $4.4 billion. Apple will pick it up from Google next year for $1.5 billion.

Google has no need of buying Beats, but they would if they thought Apple wanted it. Samsung would try to photocopy Beats rather then pay for it.
  • Reply 31 of 73
    Quote:

Originally Posted by PhilBoogie View Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTR View Post

With Angela now on board, I guess #4 is Mac (under)wearables¿

that or "Magic wand"

• Reply 32 of 73
  • Reply 33 of 73
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Macky the Macky View Post

Google has no need of buying Beats, but they would if they thought Apple wanted it.

Exactly why I said it...

• Reply 34 of 73
    Quote:

my thoughts exactly.   lets wait and see. 

• Reply 35 of 73
    iambatmaniambatman Posts: 4member
    Tyrese Gibson from the Fast and the Furious has a video on Facebook (uploaded 30mins ago) of him and Dr. Dre partying right now, talking about the deal. From his status and what they say in the video, it's apparent that this deal was done. But what do those two know?
  • Reply 36 of 73
    Quote:

Absolutely! I, like anyone else, can state opinions in the form of an argument as to why I feel something may or may not occur.

I thought this was where I applied to become CEO of Apple.

• Reply 37 of 73

You've been acting very irrational on this topic. As a result you've failed to offer anything useful to me in this conversation. I have no idea what's going on with you but I hope it stops.
  • Reply 39 of 73
    Quote:

Quote:
    Originally Posted by snova View Post

You've been acting very irrational on this topic. As a result you've failed to offer anything useful to me in this conversation. I have no idea what's going on with you but I hope it stops.

sorry, I have not been able to provide you with any insider information about the evaluation of Beats valuation.  When you find someone on AppleInsider who has this insider information and has the professional skill to provide you a summation of total company value, please let me know.  Until such time, all valuation I for one will consider a scientific wild ass guess from AI forum speculators such as yourself and a waste of time in determining if reports of acquisition are true or not simply based on the 3.2B figure which no doubt is a large number to get one's head around; then again so is 1B or even $250M.  Until then I think its best to take a wait and see position, instead of trying to debunk reports purely based on reported  value of the deal. 

• Reply 40 of 73
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by snova View Post

However, you somehow feel that you can evaluate  spending billions of dollars on companies without insider information while playing arm chair quarterback. 

And why not? He's entitled to his opinion. Commenting on Apple rumors is what people do on this site.