osx with fuji digital camera

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Does anyone own a fuji camera and use osX? I got a camera for christmas and i cannot install fuji finepix viewer with 10.1...but it says it will work with 10.0.4----any suggestions or workarounds?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    I also got a Fujifilm camera for Christmas. The model is "FinePix 2800 Zoom."

It works fine with Image Capture for me and I haven't used the FinePixViewer that much but I tried it out and it seems to work fine. I think that on the CD there was a copy of the application, separate from an installer. Did you try just dragging the app to your hard drive?

I'm using my camera with OS X and loving it.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    [quote]Originally posted by dnelson:

<strong>I also got a Fujifilm camera for Christmas. The model is "FinePix 2800 Zoom."

It works fine with Image Capture for me and I haven't used the FinePixViewer that much but I tried it out and it seems to work fine. I think that on the CD there was a copy of the application, separate from an installer. Did you try just dragging the app to your hard drive?

I'm using my camera with OS X and loving it.</strong><hr></blockquote>
  • Reply 3 of 4
    [quote]Originally posted by dnelson:

<strong>I also got a Fujifilm camera for Christmas. The model is "FinePix 2800 Zoom."

I'm using my camera with OS X and loving it.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Thanks for the reply. I use the image capture app, but I saw the finepix viewer on my pc and it looked impressive.

I would really like to give it a shot on my mac. because my mac is my computer of choice. I don;t want to have to revert back to 10.0.4 just to be compatible with viewer. If I recall, I don;t even think I could install viewer as an app instead of in installer. BTW, I got a 2800 too...great cam!
  • Reply 4 of 4
    Well, since we both have the same camera then we should be working with the same version of included software.

Although the requirements state OS X version 10.0.4 I have been able to install and use it in Mac OS X 10.1.2.

Please read the email that I sent you outside the forums. Perhaps we can try to work it out and then post the results here.