New photos compare 4.7" 'iPhone 6' mockup to current-gen iPod touch

Posted:
in iPhone edited May 2014
An aluminum mockup of Apple's next generation iPhone, likely based off of widely-circulated "leaked" specifications, has cropped up and is shown next to a fifth generation iPod touch in a new photo set.

The mockup appears slightly thicker, wider, and longer than its phone-less counterpart. The photos were taken by Italian blog macitynet.it.

According to the publication, the slot for the 4.7-inch display is nearly the same width as the entire body of the iPod touch. The model sports many of the same features seen in previous mockups, including a curious rounded flash that would seem to indicate a departure from the dual-LED True Tone flash setup found in the iPhone 5s.

Apple is widely believed to be planning the release of two new iPhone models with larger displays this fall. A 4.7-inch variant is rumored to debut as soon as August, while a larger 5.5-inch "phablet" version would follow at a later date.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 40
    lenolenolenoleno Posts: 27member
    I'll throw my credit card at that thing
  • Reply 2 of 40
    dimmokdimmok Posts: 359member
    LETS DO IT!!!!!
  • Reply 3 of 40
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,718member
    The iPhone has to get larger to accommodate the Dr Dre 1/4" jack ;)
  • Reply 4 of 40
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    If that mock up is accurate it's looking too big for my needs.

The iPhone has to get larger to accommodate the Dr Dre 1/4" jack ;)

That's because Dr. Dre's headphone jack has more bass.

(Beat you to it [@]GTR[/@]!)
  • Reply 5 of 40
    macky the mackymacky the macky Posts: 4,801member
    [SIZE=4][COLOR=blue]In other news; Samsung announced today that its head of mobile design, Donghoon Chang, was asked to resign amid criticism of the company's latest flagship phone, the Galaxy S5. Chang was in charge of design for Samsung's Galaxy-branded tablets and smartphones. He's received a good amount of criticism for copying Apple's iPhone design details and yet making terrible sales records.

The Galaxy S5 is slippery and cheap-feeling, and the dimpled back cover just looks tacky (it resembles a Band-Aid). Compare that to the gorgeous phones Samsung's rivals HTC and Apple continue to make, and it's not difficult to see that Samsung has no tastes....[/COLOR][/SIZE]
  • Reply 7 of 40
    chandra69chandra69 Posts: 638member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Macky the Macky View Post

The Galaxy S5 is slippery and cheap-feeling, and the dimpled back cover just looks tacky (it resembles a Band-Aid). Compare that to the gorgeous phones Samsung's rivals HTC and Apple continue to make, and it's not difficult to see that Samsung has no tastes....

YOu mean this?

• Reply 8 of 40
    bregaladbregalad Posts: 816member

The mockup is weakened because they took an existing iPhone screen and expanded it to fill a larger space. A realistic UI would have helped "sell" the idea.

• Reply 9 of 40
    paxmanpaxman Posts: 4,729member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by lenoleno View Post

I'll throw my credit card at that thing

:)  -  and you won't be the only one. 

But my 5s serves me well and is in no need to be replaced. I'll have at least 18 months to check out the above beauty before I throw anything at it. I like the idea of a larger screen but I am not sure I will go big. Right now the 5s is pretty much a perfect device for me.

• Reply 10 of 40
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member

I'd buy a slightly larger iPhone. My eyes are not what they used to be.

• Reply 11 of 40
    paxmanpaxman Posts: 4,729member

Pretty close :)  This is the one I fancied... way back...

• Reply 12 of 40
    I like it. I think apple is thinking of good ideas
  • Reply 13 of 40
    sirlance99sirlance99 Posts: 1,293member
    I hope the 5.5 is true. That's the one I really want. I'll still get the 4.7 though if no plans for the larger one this year.
  • Reply 14 of 40
    adybadyb Posts: 205member
    I'd buy a slightly larger iPhone. My eyes are not what they used to be.

Me too - but I don't want it too big. Colleagues at work have SGS4's and they're too big for my taste.
  • Reply 15 of 40
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by AdyB View Post

Me too - but I don't want it too big. Colleagues at work have SGS4's and they're too big for my taste.

Right. I don't want it "Samsung big".

• Reply 16 of 40
    mutoneonmutoneon Posts: 51member
    I'm not that excited about this. I like the current form factor. they should sell 3 sizes, I think the current makes for a great "small".
  • Reply 17 of 40
    radster360radster360 Posts: 546member
    I am perfectly fine with the iPhone5. It is perfect for single hand operation. I already am wearing glasses to read my screen and it is not going to change with 5.5 or even 4.7 screen. It fits by pant pocket and shirt pocket just fine. I certainly don't mind if it was a skinner and a bit lighter.

If I see another mockup of iPhone 6 I am going to puke.
  • Reply 18 of 40
    pmzpmz Posts: 3,433member

They gambled and lost on the stupidity that Apple would skip the iPhone 4S, which just about every analyst and blog site (including this one) was saying would be the case (that 4S would replace the 4, not the fabled 5).

• Reply 19 of 40
    pmzpmz Posts: 3,433member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

I have no idea what that means or why Samsung is relevant.

I want a bigger iPhone, and the leaked specs and subsequent plethora of mockups look exactly like what I want. EXACTLY.

• Reply 20 of 40
    nagrommenagromme Posts: 2,834member
    It's just a big iPod Touch!%u2122