Study: iPhone users fly in planes and drink wine, Android users prefer the bus and beer

12346»

Comments

• Reply 101 of 115
    euphoniouseuphonious Posts: 303member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Okay. Shut up and go away, then. Why do we care?

Looks like he make the mistake of thinking that online forums are actually for debate, rather than endless reinforcement of the same dogma. Easy mistake to make.

• Reply 102 of 115
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Originally Posted by Neo42 View Post

If AI doesn't want broad spectrum responses, they should end the whole Android/Google love affair.  

You’re right. And there’s really no broader spectrum a response than “the iPhone leaves me frustrated” with no context or explanation whatsoever! If you’d put some thought of any sort into the description of your complaint, rather than literally using the cookie cutter sentence construction trolls favor, I wouldn’t have been so short.

• Reply 103 of 115
    Okay. Shut up and go away, then. Why do we care?

You’re right. And there’s really no broader spectrum a response than “the iPhone leaves me frustrated” with no context or explanation whatsoever! If you’d put some thought of any sort into the description of your complaint, rather than literally using the cookie cutter sentence construction trolls favor, I wouldn’t have been so short.

TS, The lack of maturity in many of your posts leads me to wonder if you've made it through puberty yet...?

Lurk more...post less, and gain some respect for advancing the thread.
  • Reply 104 of 115
    kpomkpom Posts: 660member
    This is probably a case of socioeconomic factors. Apple products appeal to the affluent, while Android devices appeal to the masses. Those with money drink wine, fly airplanes and are more likely to buy Apple products. Those on a budget drink beer, take public transportation, and are more likely to buy cheaper technology.
  • Reply 105 of 115
    I prefer beer so I am lying low. Then again I drink it on airplanes so am I ok again? :)

Only if you drink beer while flying on airplanes. :D
  • Reply 106 of 115
    Not true. The iPhone can be had for free, or very cheaply.

Only on subsidy, which European carriers are less likely to offer, and which even American carriers are rethinking.
  • Reply 107 of 115
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Originally Posted by Macky the Macky View Post

TS, The lack of maturity in many of your posts leads me to wonder if youve made it through puberty yet...? Lurk more...post less, and gain some respect for advancing the thread.

Thanks for showing that you have absolutely no argument whatsoever, at least. I fail to see how you can back up his statements as valid.

• Reply 108 of 115
    ingsocingsoc Posts: 212member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Neo42 View Post

There are outliers.  I like Apple products in general, though not an iPhone fan and dislike many of their users, especially the evangelists (hat tip to Apple ][ ). I've owned a couple of iPhones, but all said and done they leave me frustrated.  So I will stick with my Android until iOS becomes more flexible (never).

The really one-sided evangelists turn me off as well.

But this is true not just for Apple products - it's true for almost anything. Ever had a conversation with a really really passionate music fan, or a passionate fan of one particular video game brand? (Name any brand, the die-hard fans are all the same).

Ultimately - as lame and obvious as it sounds - it is, of course, all about what you are comfortable with.

I often find that I have Android fans passionately telling me not only that I'm wrong, but that I ought to prefer the same things that they prefer. In other words, if they mention a feature that I don't really care about, they then proceed to tell me all the reasons why I should care about it (and in doing so, I think they miss the very reasons I've already stated for not caring about the particular feature).

I tend to adopt technology pretty quickly and many of my devices don't have a long shelf life, because I like to have the latest stuff.

I also tend to skip every second iPhone release (so I went from iPhone 4 to 5 for example and skipped 4s and 5s).

My next purchase is likely to be iPhone 6.

However...depending on what Apple unveil, I may look at other devices (most likely Nokia). But this doesn't mean I'll abandon my lovely new iMac or my Apple TV - again, I think sensible people mix and match according to what they need.

• Reply 109 of 115
    benjamin frostbenjamin frost Posts: 7,203member
    ingsoc wrote: »
    neo42 wrote: »

There are outliers.  I like Apple products in general, though not an iPhone fan and dislike many of their users, especially the evangelists (hat tip to Apple ][ ). I've owned a couple of iPhones, but all said and done they leave me frustrated.  So I will stick with my Android until iOS becomes more flexible (never).

The really one-sided evangelists turn me off as well.
    But this is true not just for Apple products - it's true for almost anything. Ever had a conversation with a really really passionate music fan, or a passionate fan of one particular video game brand? (Name any brand, the die-hard fans are all the same).

Ultimately - as lame and obvious as it sounds - it is, of course, all about what you are comfortable with.

I often find that I have Android fans passionately telling me not only that I'm wrong, but that I ought to prefer the same things that they prefer. In other words, if they mention a feature that I don't really care about, they then proceed to tell me all the reasons why I should care about it (and in doing so, I think they miss the very reasons I've already stated for not caring about the particular feature).

I tend to adopt technology pretty quickly and many of my devices don't have a long shelf life, because I like to have the latest stuff.
    I also tend to skip every second iPhone release (so I went from iPhone 4 to 5 for example and skipped 4s and 5s).

My next purchase is likely to be iPhone 6.
    However...depending on what Apple unveil, I may look at other devices (most likely Nokia). But this doesn't mean I'll abandon my lovely new iMac or my Apple TV - again, I think sensible people mix and match according to what they need.

You have a prejudice against passion. Shame.
  • Reply 110 of 115
    ingsocingsoc Posts: 212member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Benjamin Frost View Post

You have a prejudice against passion. Shame.

How on Earth do you come to that conclusion?

I never even implied that I dislike passion.

If that were the case, then I wouldn't be an early adopter myself. If you can't see the difference between passion and rampantly painful fanboyism, then I don't know what else to say.

• Reply 111 of 115
    A friend of mine posed a question on Facebook: If money wasn't a concern, what Android would you buy? The first answer was "If money wasn't a concern, I'd buy an iPhone." To this day, I think it's an entirely accurate portrayal of people who buy Apple products vs. those who buy Android.
  • Reply 112 of 115
    ezhikezhik Posts: 101member
    Apple ][, would you date an Android user?
  • Reply 113 of 115
    benjamin frostbenjamin frost Posts: 7,203member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Ezhik View Post

Apple ][, would you date an Android user?

Circa 2002.

• Reply 114 of 115

Surely if you prefer drinks Bulk wine