Cheaper $400 Xbox One coming sans Kinect as consoles face pressure from low-cost streamers

Comments

• Reply 21 of 96
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Originally Posted by NasserAE View Post

When I come home after work I grab my PS4 controller and I start playing almost immediately from my couch. For me this is "better" than sitting on my desk playing games on my Mac/PC.

You can do the same with a computer proper. 

I don't know where you are getting your information but the PS4 is not limited to 720p 30fps. Many PS4 games run at 1080p 60fps.

Originally Posted by gwmac View Post

Except that you are completely wrong.

Indeed; apologies. Should have said often limited. It’s certainly not a hard limit. Edited now.

• Reply 22 of 96
    ivabignivabign Posts: 61member
    It would be nice it you could use your old Kinect with this new xbox. Has anyone seen the connector? Is this a pipe dream? Most likely.
  • Reply 23 of 96
    saareksaarek Posts: 1,523member
    Excellent, they just removed the only two barriers from me buying the console!

I'll be getting one now.
  • Reply 24 of 96
    j1h15233j1h15233 Posts: 274member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by cali View Post

Can't believe prople are spending so much money on minor upgrades. Sony is laughing right about now!!

At least Nintendo gave their fans a HUGE leap in hardware and software capabilities.

Seriously? If anything, Nintendo made less of a leap from Wii to Wii U than Microsoft or Sony did.

• Reply 25 of 96
    Originally Posted by j1h15233 View Post

Seriously? If anything, Nintendo made less of a leap from Wii to Wii U than Microsoft or Sony did.

480 to 1080 is less of a leap than 720 to 720 and occasionally 1080 sometimes maybe sort of? :rolleyes:

• Reply 26 of 96
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

480 to 1080 is less of a leap than 720 to 720 and occasionally 1080 sometimes maybe sort of? :rolleyes:

Thank you pundit for taking one spec and making it the whole story.

• Reply 27 of 96
    nhtnht Posts: 4,522member
    Quote:

It’s archaic crap! You can build a $500 PC with better hardware (with greater optimization for graphics using hardware not even designed for it) than the Xbox One out of two year old parts. And remember the console is stuck with that hardware then for 5-7 years while PC hardware continues to improve.

The geForce Titan is more than $500.  Good luck building a $500 PC with a Titan to get the green line.

• Reply 28 of 96

Thank you pundit for taking one spec and making it the whole story.

Oh, would you prefer to get into a discussion about polygons or the number of assets renderable onscreen at any one time? I figured that would be 1. boring, 2. too involved for most of the readers here, and 3. since it only serves to further prove my point, it wasn’t necessary.

Originally Posted by nht View Post

The geForce Titan is more than $500.  Good luck building a $500 PC with a Titan to get the green line.

I should have mentioned that this chart is before we knew the specifications of either of the consoles.

Turns out the Radeon 7870 is a better graphics processor than what either of them have.

Again, two years old and nowhere near the cost of a Titan.

• Reply 29 of 96
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member

Happy to admit I have no game systems at all in my home... except for my iPhone and iPad. :smokey:

• Reply 30 of 96
    Quote:

Oh, would you prefer to get into a discussion about polygons or the number of assets renderable onscreen at any one time? I figured that would be 1. boring, 2. too involved for most of the readers here, and 3. since it only serves to further prove my point, it wasn’t necessary.

I should have mentioned that this chart is before we knew the specifications of either of the consoles.

Turns out the Radeon 7870 is a better graphics processor than what either of them have.

You can get into any specs war you want. It won't make you right.

• Reply 31 of 96
    Quote:

You can do the same with a computer proper. 

Not really.  For example COD Ghosts had issues with wireless gamepads on some PCs.  Also Aim-assist is locked on.  Some older console ports didn't support gamepads out of the box well at all.  It's hit or miss.

• Reply 32 of 96

You can get into any specs war you want. It won't make you right.

Uh… yeah, it does. Inherently. Because they all corroborate what I’m saying.

• Reply 33 of 96
    Quote:

The WiiU sucks in comparison to the PS4 or XBoxOne.  That's the only spec that matters and why sales have been so horrible for it.  When you start at SD and everyone else was at HD then moving to HD just gives you parity.

• Reply 34 of 96
    philboogiephilboogie Posts: 7,675member
    clemynx wrote: »
    Windows shouldn't have a start button

Wait, what? (edit: Samsunged from [@]Tallest Skil[/@]™)

http://www.extremetech.com/computing/179756-microsoft-finally-admits-defeat-will-bring-start-menu-back-in-future-windows-8-update
  • Reply 35 of 96
    Quote:

Uh… yeah, it does. Inherently. Because they all corroborate what I’m saying.

Alright then. Thank you pundit.

• Reply 36 of 96
    Originally Posted by nht View Post

The WiiU sucks in comparison to the PS4 or XBoxOne.  That's the only spec that matters and why sales have been so horrible for it.

No, specs have next to nothing to do with the poor sales of the WiiU. I can’t believe you’d even say that. Marketing. The idiots didn’t set it apart from the Wii enough. Many people thought it was just the controller they were buying! 

Originally Posted by j1h15233 View Post

Alright then. Thank you pundit.

If I was wrong, you’d be able to say something to that effect. *shrug*

• Reply 37 of 96
    jfanningjfanning Posts: 3,398member
    The fact that they can do 1080p60 when Microsoft and Sony are often limited to 720p30, even for 1st party and AAA games is just a plus.

Are you still going on about this when you have been proved wrong numerous times?
  • Reply 38 of 96
    jfanningjfanning Posts: 3,398member

In NZ the 7870 can retail for around $400, 66% of the price of the PS4, remember you need to purchase the rest of the PC as well, plus Windows
  • Reply 39 of 96
    Originally Posted by jfanning View Post

Are you still going on about this when you have been proved wrong numerous times?

Not really, since there’s no ‘still’ and I’m not wrong. :???:

• Reply 40 of 96
    Quote:

Not really, since there’s no ‘still’ and I’m not wrong. :???:

He's never wrong. Super pundit is never wrong.