Right time to buy stock?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I don't know how many analysts we have in the crowd but does anyone recommend purchasing AAPL stock in the face of this "big" Macworld and its "revolutionary" product introduction? And what does Stock Pick Report's "outperform" rating mean for the future of Apple's stock? Any help is always appreciated.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    kidredkidred Posts: 2,402member
    Well if you like Apple and have the money now would be a good time to buy stock. I don't think Apple's stock would take too big a hit if the show next week sucks, but if they blow us away I think their stock will do well. I have some share, almost a year now, and they are only off $2 from when I bought them. I think next year will be good for Apple and giving the stock market above 10,000 I think the recession is about over which means more $. Not becessarily for every PC maker, but Apple isn't every PC maker.

I think outperform means it's a good buy. But who follows Apple more, you or them?
  • Reply 2 of 5
    cooopcooop Posts: 390member
    I have about $200, not a large sum but enough to buy several shares; I don't follow AAPL as closely as I should but I do note its stability and value. I'm reasonably confident in this venture but I am giving up a perfectly good iPod purchase.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    enigmaenigma Posts: 44member
    YES

a lot of apple employees also bought stock last week.

...its a good long term investment. as long as u have confidence in apple, and u can afford the purchase, it would be a wise investment.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    aphelionaphelion Posts: 736member
    good stock purchase advice:

<strong> [quote]BUY ON THE RUMOR, SELL ON THE NEWS</strong><hr></blockquote>

As rumors build during this week the stock will climb, but when the news is released the stock will dip.

However, this rule of thumb may not hold up in this case, if Apple can make the kind of quantum leap that this board's wildest rumor mongers have speculated on are proven true.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    I would buy now or sometime after the expo, it does not really matter because history show that the stock rises after almost all keynotes. I own over $2,000 in AAPL and I got in at 14.84 I predict that the stock will rise to $35 sometime this year.