The clan is accepting new members

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Sane Elite is accepting new members. To become member you have to:

-Have at least two posts where you predict future products from Apple and where the predictions are sane.

-Have no posts where you make insane predictions (obviously joking posts will be ignored).

-Be of good general standing (not known to offend other board members).

If you want to become a member please post your application here with URLs to at least two sane posts made by you and it will be considered by the current members.

Regards Sane Elite

PS. Sane Elite has nothing to do with AI itself and will give you no higher status or more privileges on the board. It only give you the legal right to use our signature.

[ 01-01-2002: Message edited by: Anders ]</p>

Comments

• Reply 1 of 24
    fran441fran441 Posts: 3,715member
    I think I qualify, but I like my current signature.
  • Reply 2 of 24
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    The members of Sane Elite have decided that Fran qualifies to become member and if he wants to use our signature in the future he is free to do so.
  • Reply 4 of 24
    [quote]Originally posted by BuonRotto:

<strong><a href="http://forums.appleinsider.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=000388"; target="_blank">http://forums.appleinsider.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb. cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=000388</a>

Do I get in?! </strong><hr></blockquote>

Because of

<a href="http://forums.appleinsider.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=000309&p=2#0000 67" target="_blank">http://forums.appleinsider.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=000309&p=2#0000 67</a>

and

<a href="http://forums.appleinsider.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=000386#000011"; target="_blank">http://forums.appleinsider.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=000386#000011</a>;

Half of the Clan of Sane Elite have decided that you are worthy of membership. You now have the right to use our signature and to accept new members alone or in coorporation with other members until such a time where you use the right not according to the rules of the clan by accepting a no worthy member or not accepting a worthy one.

You are member #3.

You are hereby
  • Reply 5 of 24
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    Hey, this cool....

Are Canadians allowed in?

• Reply 6 of 24
    matsumatsu Posts: 6,558member
    For a second I thought that this was a thread about the KKK. And coming from an Aryan no less...

But since we aren't talking about 'the' clan, and I don't think I ever make outlandish claims about future Harware/Software, I think I qualify???
  • Reply 7 of 24
    nebagakidnebagakid Posts: 2,692member
    This is a bad idea, it will make people eventually feel inferor, no class system!
  • Reply 8 of 24
    [quote]Originally posted by murbot:

<strong>Hey, this cool....

Are Canadians allowed in?

</strong><hr></blockquote>

Yes. Everybody is allowed membership of Sane Elite if they don´t make insane posts.

I regard this as an formal application so you are now member #4

• Reply 9 of 24
    [quote]Originally posted by Matsu:

<strong>For a second I thought that this was a thread about the KKK. And coming from an Aryan no less...

But since we aren't talking about 'the' clan, and I don't think I ever make outlandish claims about future Harware/Software, I think I qualify???</strong><hr></blockquote>

You qualify indeed! Welcome member #5 You now have the right to give membership and use our signature.
  • Reply 10 of 24
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    Is there an arch-nemesis group I can join?
  • Reply 11 of 24
    we should make the insane elite
  • Reply 12 of 24
    Like my new signature?
  • Reply 13 of 24
    [quote]Originally posted by Nebagakid:

<strong>This is a bad idea, it will make people eventually feel inferor, no class system!</strong><hr></blockquote>

I think about 95% of the posters here could become members of Sane Elite. This is not an initiative to make first and second class members but to raise the awareness of the quality of the posts here. Its a total private initiative and anyone could make their own clans, like the "I want a Cube as iMac" club if they wanted to.

All people have to do is to post two times in future hardware and make sense in them. Then they can become members. And wanting a G6 doesn´t disqualify them. Not even thinking it will be in a iBook tomorrow. But posting that it will be in the iBook because small Apple portables are known to explode and today (on the minus 6. day) the sign at apple.com say be prepared to be blown away would disqualify you, at least for a periode.

I have a small hope that people will be more realistic in their posts so we don´t create more hype than nessesary. Maybe then we don´t have to have one month of "Fucc Apple they always lets us down" after each keynote.

But of course: If the mods think its a bad idea I´ll stop right away

• Reply 14 of 24
    [quote]Originally posted by Nebagakid:

<strong>Like my new signature?</strong><hr></blockquote>

Actually yes. I might join after MW
  • Reply 15 of 24
    roborobo Posts: 469member
    Geez.. it's 6 days to Macworld, and this is the best thread we can come up with? :eek:

-robo
  • Reply 16 of 24
    Okay new rules:

Since Nebagakid is making SOME sense:

Sane Elite is now Public Domain. It can be used by everyone. It is now an "awareness signature" that shows that this person tries to think before he posts and think it is importent to do so to keep this place worth visiting. This is an attemp to avoid the twice annual month of high flying unrealistic hopes followed by Apple bitching around the MW shows.
  • Reply 17 of 24
    [quote]Originally posted by robo:

<strong>Geez.. it's 6 days to Macworld, and this is the best thread we can come up with? :eek:

-robo</strong><hr></blockquote>

Huh??? If you go to FH I think you can find lots of action there.

But of course I´m flattered that you call it the best thread
  • Reply 18 of 24
    macaddictmacaddict Posts: 1,055member
    Me too.
  • Reply 19 of 24
    originally posted by groverat:

[quote]Is there an arch-nemesis group I can join? <hr></blockquote>

originally posted by Nebagakid:

[quote]we should make the insane elite <hr></blockquote>

Hahaha...

We can have a stable two party system too! We'll become the superpower of the UBB world.
  • Reply 20 of 24
    May I further propose that the activities of Kormac, especially in corrupting the impressionable youth of AI, make him the mortal enemy of Sane Elite.

Here's a guy who gets nearly every so called scoop wrong, yet somehow whips up a frenzy of optimistic speculation where-ever he pops up.