Apple reportedly nearing $3.2B acquisition of Beats Electronics

1789101113»

Comments

• Reply 241 of 257
    More hype than fact. It actually plays like something a music industry hack would cook-up in order to try to put Apple in a corner to take the deal. And at the same time drive up Beats stock price for a quick & profitable insider sale.
  • Reply 242 of 257
    popnfreshpopnfresh Posts: 139member
    Apple has finally completed its transition to being the new Microsoft. Instead of innovating like they used to under Steve Jobs, now they merely buy companies that are already making products they like. This is how Microsoft got many of its products, like Office and Internet Explorer. They didn't invent them, they bought them. The bottom line is, those who can innovate, do; those who can't, acquire. Welcome to mediocrity, Apple.
  • Reply 243 of 257
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Originally Posted by popnfresh View Post

Apple has finally completed its transition to being the new Microsoft. Instead of innovating like they used to under Steve Jobs, now they merely buy companies that are already making products they like. This is how Microsoft got many of its products, like Office and Internet Explorer. They didn't invent them, they bought them. The bottom line is, those who can innovate, do; those who can't, acquire. Welcome to mediocrity, Apple.

Good. Now leave our website and never come back, I guess.

You see a sign that says FUDInsider anywhere here?

• Reply 244 of 257
    How about Apple buys Apple and fixes all the shit that doesn't work. How about them Apples.
  • Reply 245 of 257
    sporlosporlo Posts: 143member
    connector wrote: »
    How about Apple buys Apple and fixes all the shit that doesn't work. How about them Apples.
    I like that idea.
  • Reply 246 of 257
    philboogiephilboogie Posts: 7,675member
    connector wrote: »

Can you give us your list please?
  • Reply 247 of 257
    philboogie wrote: »
    It's far more likely that a company has shit to fix than that a company is perfect in every way.
  • Reply 248 of 257
    benjamin frostbenjamin frost Posts: 7,203member
    sporlo wrote: »
    It's far more likely that a company has shit to fix than that a company is perfect in every way.

Ah, so the FUD is confirmed.
  • Reply 249 of 257

Indeed it is, hence my question. The people on this site are very helpful, and it is possible that things that do not work as one would expect can be resolved by asking a question. Or things are designed in such a way that it works as it should but some do not comprehend this and therefore conclude that things are broken.
  • Reply 250 of 257
    Indeed it is, hence my question. The people on this site are very helpful, and it is possible that things that do not work as one would expect can be resolved by asking a question. Or things are designed in such a way that it works as it should but some do not comprehend this and therefore conclude that things are broken.
    You assume that if someone identifies an issue it's because they are too stupid to comprehend the grand design of the genius software engineers. While this is not an impossible case, I would assert that even when something is as it was intended, it's likely that it could have been designed better if users are consistently frustrated by it.

I don't have a "list" of all the issues. I identify them as they appear and often forget them if they're small enough. In any case, I submit the more egregious ones to Apple, though I have no faith they are heeded.

My only point here is that criticism of Apple is not welcome here most of the time. I've been using Apple products for basically 75% of my life. I like their products for the most part. Must everything I say be all praise all the time?
  • Reply 251 of 257
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    You assume that if someone identifies an issue it's because they are too stupid to comprehend the grand design of the genius software engineers.

That's not a correct assumption.
    I don't have a "list" of all the issues.

Perhaps you should start making one. Most of us hear have laundry lists of things we wish Apple would do differently.
    My only point here is that criticism of Apple is not welcome here most of the time. I've been using Apple products for basically 75% of my life. I like their products for the most part. Must everything I say be all praise all the time?

As noted above criticism is clearly welcome but it's more helpful if you're mention is geared toward looking for a solution, not simply ranting and raving so you can vent.
  • Reply 252 of 257
    ^ post

Having my reply in my head after reading your post in the email but seeing I'm pipped by SolipsismX when coming to this thread feels... awkward.
  • Reply 253 of 257
    benjamin frostbenjamin frost Posts: 7,203member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Sporlo View Post

Quote:
    Originally Posted by PhilBoogie View Post

You assume that if someone identifies an issue it's because they are too stupid to comprehend the grand design of the genius software engineers. While this is not an impossible case, I would assert that even when something is as it was intended, it's likely that it could have been designed better if users are consistently frustrated by it.

I don't have a "list" of all the issues. I identify them as they appear and often forget them if they're small enough. In any case, I submit the more egregious ones to Apple, though I have no faith they are heeded.

As SolipsismX said, intelligent comment is welcome. Your protestations are a red herring; criticism of Apple is neither here nor there - anyone who makes bland, inane assertions of incompetence against Apple without any detail tends to get called a troll, which is short for douchebag. If you wish to avoid getting rightfully hounded, think before you write.

• Reply 254 of 257
    You know this whole thing started just because I said I liked the idea of fixing current issues over buying a company. The fact that you call that being a douchebag troll is a little bit of an overreaction, is it not?

Also note comments like #241. He's condemning a lamenting of the acquisition rumor by telling the commenter to leave the site.

And for the record, I have noted specifics in the past on numerous threads. Most of the time though it's pointless to bring them up on a site like this. Half the comments are already stupid back and forths like we're having right now.
  • Reply 255 of 257
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    You know this whole thing started just because I said I liked the idea of fixing current issues over buying a company. The fact that you call that being a douchebag troll is a little bit of an overreaction, is it not?

Also note comments like #241. He's condemning a lamenting of the acquisition rumor by telling the commenter to leave the site.

And for the record, I have noted specifics in the past on numerous threads. Most of the time though it's pointless to bring them up on a site like this. Half the comments are already stupid back and forths like we're having right now.

I think we're all still waiting for your list of things you'd like Apple to fix.

But you're right, it is pointless to bring them up on a site like this… if you're assumption is that Apple employees are reading this site to get ideas for things to fix.

However, if your goal is to find resolutions to issues you may have or even to better understand why Apple might make the decisions they choose then bringing them up here could lead to some insights and *gasp* learning. See the recent threads on the /Users and iMessage/SMS lawsuit where many AI commentators, myself included, have been able to discover something previously unknown.
  • Reply 256 of 257
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Originally Posted by Sporlo View Post

You know this whole thing started just because I said I liked the idea of fixing current issues over buying a company.

Your statement in that regard was meaningless and based on a false premise.

In no way does the purchase of a company prevent Apple from fixing outstanding issues. In no way does the purchase of a company conflict with the fixing of outstanding issues.