Apple releases OS X 10.9.3 with improved support for high-res 4K displays

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 47
    vanfrunikenvanfruniken Posts: 262member

Big omission: still no scanner sharing.

(Apparently being a client to a scanner shared by another machine still seems supported).

Is there any particular technical reason why scanner sharing disappeared from OSX?

Does Apple really want us to buy OSX Server? Doesn't seem warranted in a household with 2-3 Macs.

• Reply 42 of 47
    eideardeideard Posts: 428member
    I use AirPlay all the time - with no problems. The latest everything on both iOS and OS X devices.
  • Reply 43 of 47
    topher5topher5 Posts: 1member

Hodar.... Hodar.... Hodar.... Hodar.... Hodar.... Don't pick on OSX update

• Reply 44 of 47
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Originally Posted by hillstones View Post

That terminal hack doesn't work. Restart your Mac and the User folder will disappear once again. Chris Breen at Macworld confirmed it.

Doesn’t mean it doesn’t work. Just means it has to work harder.

It’s psychotic that this got through, though. 

• Reply 45 of 47
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    hillstones wrote: »
    That terminal hack doesn't work. Restart your Mac and the User folder will disappear once again. Chris Breen at Macworld confirmed it.

There are some good suggestions from readers at the end of that article by Breen.
  • Reply 46 of 47
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    hillstones wrote: »

It works. Write a script that gets called when you machine starts up.
  • Reply 47 of 47
    19831983 Posts: 1,225member
    I have a late 2013 model 13 inch MacBook Pro so I'm a little pissed that with this update I still have no extended 4K support via Thunderbolt or HDMI using OS-X. Despite it being available, I believe with Windows 8. Which I don't want to use! I wonder if Apple will ever provide this extended support for my model Mac in a future update? Probably not.