Apple says it's willing to settle, but inflammatory comments from Samsung suggest it isn't

124

Comments

  • Reply 61 of 89
    patpatpatpatpatpat Posts: 629member
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Slurpy View Post

     

     

    No, what cracks me up is that you truly believe there is no difference between buying an actual Samsung consumer device, and a product from another company that has some Samsung-manufactured components inside. Give me a fucking break. There's a world of difference between those 2 things, and because I'm fine buying an iPhone (which has components from dozens of companies inside) and not fine buying a $700 Samsung phone, does not make me a hypocrite. Nor does it make me an idiot. It makes you one for making such an asinine comparison, as if everything is equal. 


     

    Personally I could care less how you twist your mind to satisfy yourself.  Don't be so defensive about being an idiot, makes it sound like I was actually right.

  • Reply 62 of 89
    lightknightlightknight Posts: 2,312member
    You are holding Apple responsible for your own prejudices.

    You're basically saying: "Apple should stop what it is doing because it proves what I think of them for doing it!"

    Apple "bullying" Samsung on the "playground" is less about anything they are actually doing and more about your point of view.
    Not what he said. He pointed out a risk, which is Apple, through Samsung's communication/propaganda/lies, ending up looking like the bad guy.

    Sadly, the world seems to be cut in three main blocks, people who don't know the brand of their phones (or even don't own one), people with a brain, and people who think Apple is an evil bully that copies stuff and stifle competition in court.

    So, he has a point, but experience show that time makes liars look like the liars they are. SAMSUNG will probably end up with a massive loss of face, even if they make profit right now through sleazy tactics, and in the long run a company's baseline depends on their reputation, as DELL, formerly famed for their customer service (RIP) learned.
  • Reply 63 of 89
    lightknightlightknight Posts: 2,312member
    patpatpat wrote: »
    Personally I could care less how you twist your mind to satisfy yourself.  Don't be so defensive about being an idiot, makes it sound like I was actually right.

    You care enough to reply and dig yourself deeper in. Keep going you might find the bottom.
  • Reply 64 of 89
    patpatpatpatpatpat Posts: 629member
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by lightknight View Post





    You care enough to reply and dig yourself deeper in. Keep going you might find the bottom.

    How am I going to let him I don't care, if I don't respond.  Jeez, I wonder why I even bother.

  • Reply 65 of 89
    sennensennen Posts: 1,472member
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by patpatpat View Post

     

    How am I going to let him I don't care, if I don't respond.  Jeez, I wonder why I even bother.


     

    Many also wonder why you bother with your inane posts.

  • Reply 66 of 89
    patpatpatpatpatpat Posts: 629member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sennen View Post

     

     

    Many also wonder why you bother with your inane posts.


    You speak for the Many? Good for you!

     

    Are you saying that crybabies who constantly scream "I'm never buying a Samsung product again" every time AI posts some article that brings up the Samsung/Apple tribulations are not inane?

  • Reply 67 of 89
    realisticrealistic Posts: 1,154member
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Feynman View Post





    You realize that would be Apple products too right? They supply components for many of Apple's products.

    Nice try, but I think you already know that he meant to stop buying any Samsung branded products.

  • Reply 68 of 89
    realisticrealistic Posts: 1,154member
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by CogitoDexter View Post

     

     

    That's two days in a row Apple Insider has posted the same mistake about the damages - and drawn conclusions from this mistake, thus making a bad situation worse. The total damages are over $1 billion!

     

    Come on... fix this!


    AI won't fix it because it gets more views the way they rewrote the trial history. AI and responsible accurate journalism get further apart every day.

  • Reply 69 of 89
    realisticrealistic Posts: 1,154member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by patpatpat View Post

     

     

    Personally I could care less how you twist your mind to satisfy yourself.  Don't be so defensive about being an idiot, makes it sound like I was actually right.


    The real idiot is the one making your posts.

  • Reply 70 of 89
    It may be worth noting that Samsung manufactures some of the components, whereas the entire iPhone/iPad/etc. is designed by Apple. I think there's much more patronage given to a company when one supports their ideas in lieu of their ability to simply mass-produce something that's already been thought of, developed, and perfected.

    This isn't to say mass production doesn't require true skill and expertise. It's of a different kind though. In the end, who actually gave birth to the genius idea? That's much more difficult, original and rare. I suppose finding someone to rapidly produce that brilliance is a bit easier.
    feynman wrote: »
    You realize that would be Apple products too right? They supply components for many of Apple's products.
  • Reply 71 of 89

    Funniest response I've read in along time.
  • Reply 72 of 89
    realisticrealistic Posts: 1,154member
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by patpatpat View Post

     

    Exactly my point, who the hell cares.  Apple is quite happy to continue dealing with Samsung, yet we have all those idiots on here claiming that will never buy another Samsung product again because they love Apple so much and Samsung is Apples arch-enemy. Cracks me up.


    I care and I must be one of those idiots because I will no longer buy any Samsung branded product.

     

    Samsung is very good component manufacturer and I have no problem with that division of the company, yet. The division that makes actual products for sale to end users, which is a separate division of Samsung, has no business ethics of any kind. That has shown and proven many times over many years with many different types of products outside of the obvious Apple type products.

     

    I am blocking you so I can, hopefully, avoid seeing your irrational posts.

  • Reply 73 of 89
    Samsung is a family run business.

    They have always run the business on the basis, "do what ever it takes to get what you want".

    Regardless of the legal, moral or ethical standings.

    Apple has been the ONLY company that has actually followed through with a fight against them.

    All the others they either beat or went out of business.

    Samsung are simply not use too having someone challenge them and follow through with it.

    The CEO is a conflicted fraudster ..... pardoned by the Korean government of course.
  • Reply 74 of 89

    Yes - he is conflicted and was convicted. 

  • Reply 75 of 89

    I see the article STILL isn't fixed re the howler about the (not actually) 'reduced' damages.

     

    Notably this howler and the previous one were both written by the same author.

  • Reply 76 of 89
    patpatpatpatpatpat Posts: 629member
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Realistic View Post

     

    I care and I must be one of those idiots because I will no longer buy any Samsung branded product.

     

    Samsung is very good component manufacturer and I have no problem with that division of the company, yet. The division that makes actual products for sale to end users, which is a separate division of Samsung, has no business ethics of any kind. That has shown and proven many times over many years with many different types of products outside of the obvious Apple type products.

     

    I am blocking you so I can, hopefully, avoid seeing your irrational posts.


    Whoop de doo!  You basically don't get it. This isn't your fight, it's Apples. If you want to stop buying Samsung products because you feel sad and depressed, go ahead. It won't stop Apple doing business with Samsung. 

     

    I think you need an "un-" before your online name. Seems more appropriate.

  • Reply 77 of 89
    hill60hill60 Posts: 6,992member
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by patpatpat View Post

     

    Whoop de doo!  You basically don't get it. This isn't your fight, it's Apples. If you want to stop buying Samsung products because you feel sad and depressed, go ahead. It won't stop Apple doing business with Samsung. 

     

    I think you need an "un-" before your online name. Seems more appropriate.


     

    I stopped buy Samsung products because they are shit and never seem to last, prompting you to buy more Samsung products soon after the warranty expires.

     

    If Samsung are masters of anything it would be planned obsolescence.

  • Reply 78 of 89
    patpatpatpatpatpat Posts: 629member
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by hill60 View Post

     

     

    I stopped buy Samsung products because they are shit and never seem to last, prompting you to buy more Samsung products soon after the warranty expires.

     

    If Samsung are masters of anything it would be planned obsolescence.


    I can agree with the reasoning/sentiment of this poster.

  • Reply 79 of 89
    Leak of discussion leak followed by a leak of inflammatory comments.

    Methinks there was no real discussion, just marketing.
  • Reply 80 of 89
    whcirwhcir Posts: 29member
    Quote:

    While both Apple and Samsung were found guilty of patent infringement, the disparity was wide: While Apple paid only$158,000 in damages, Samsung was fined $119.6 million. Still, the retrial proved advantageous for Samsung, which saw its original damages reduced from some $1.05 billion.

    This is the second time I've seen this mistake made. I expect it from writers at TechnoBuffalo, who published this gem:

    Quote:


    "As two of the industry’s biggest names, Apple and Samsung have developed quite the rivalry, culminating in a recent decision that awarded Apple $120 million in a long-standing patent case. Apple was initially awarded $1 billion in damages for Samsung’s infringements, though that amount was drastically reduced in the final decision. Apple, meanwhile, was ordered to pay just under $160,000 for infringing on Samsung patents."


    See it here: http://www.technobuffalo.com/2014/05/19/apple-and-samsung-reportedly-holding-discussions-to-dismiss-all-lawsuits/ 



    But I expect more from AppleInsider. These are two completely different trials. And although the first judgement was reduced from the first trial, it was not done so in a retrial. Judge Koh realized the jury had made an error in their calculations and struck part of the judgement. Further proceedings resulted in the total still being approximately $900 million total for that first trial.



    This trial is completely separate from that trial, covering newer products and a different set of patents. So, although the judgement for this trial is much less than the first trial, the total judgement for Apple and against Samsung now exceeds $1 billion.

Sign In or Register to comment.