Beyond the rumor sites. way beyong!

1234568»

Comments

• Reply 141 of 152
    zozo Posts: 3,117member
    [quote]Originally posted by jeromba:

<strong>Apparently this is the invitation that Apple send to the press in france...

Apple France a envoyé une bien étrange invitation aux journalistes français.

Le message est le suivant : "Apple a plaisir de vous convier au vernissage de sa nouvelle oeuvre au Musée d'Art Moderne de la Ville de Paris"</strong><hr></blockquote>

"Apple has the pleasure of inviting you to the vernissage of its new art-piece at the Museum of Modern Art in the City of Paris"

:eek: Woah... its going to be that far out??? AWESOME!!! Hell I'll go to Paris for that!!!!
  • Reply 142 of 152
    olli_golli_g Posts: 64member
    [quote]Originally posted by applenut:

<strong>Vox Barbara ,

no comment

Hey, am I the only one who thinks Apple will post a slogan or hint on ALL of apple.com the day before MWSF like they did for the first iMac?</strong><hr></blockquote>

What did they say the day before the introduction of the iMac? "Please appear in bondi clothes?" or "Everyone who brings a floppy will be shot"?
  • Reply 143 of 152
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    [quote]Originally posted by olli_g:

<strong>

What did they say the day before the introduction of the iMac? "Please appear in bondi clothes?" or "Everyone who brings a floppy will be shot"?</strong><hr></blockquote>

mo, every page at <a href="http://www.apple.com"; target="_blank">www.apple.com</a> just had a graphic with the slogan Pro.Go.Whoa. and some sentence about the press conference
  • Reply 144 of 152
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    Ha! I was sneaking around the 'net this morning at work when I went to Apple's site and saw the plug. I burst into laughter. Everyone turned and looked at me, laughing at my computer. Nice touch, Apple!

Re: keynote drinking game:

how about\t1 shot for "cool"

\t\t\t3 wise men for "revolutionary"

\t\t\tand for "I quit," drink everything in the house

gets more interesting.
  • Reply 145 of 152
    I think the only thing they could do that would live up to the hype would be to release OS X as Free Software--and available for Intel hardware.

Once you finish laughing, think about it. Sure, they'd lose OS revenue, but their real money is in hardware. With 95% of the computing world able to try OS X for free--particularly if they take some other Microsoft-killing step like giving away an office suite (a new AppleWorks, perhaps) with MSOffice file compatibility--plenty of people will adopt it. SourceForge will take over maintenance of the OS, leaving Apple free to write giveaway programs (like iTunes, iMovie, and iDVD) to support its digital hub consumer electronics.

Apple can compete in the larger hardware world. They won't be the cheapest, but they'll be the fastest and the coolest. I'll bet there are millions of people who wish they could buy Apple products but are tied to Windows. Maybe not anymore.

It would be particularly sweet to release it after Microsoft has spent so much money hyping XP--but before very many people have bought it.
  • Reply 146 of 152
    maybe apple will intro a new way to communicate with a computer...
  • Reply 147 of 152
    I figured it out!

New amazing hardware and free upgrades for everyone!!!

That would blow me away.
  • Reply 147 of 152
    shadygshadyg Posts: 64member
    Has it occurred to anyone that maybe the messages are more strategic than they're given credit for? I may be wrong, but it appears we're all talking about Apple's hype and throwing around wild optimistic guesses, rather than trading rumors. Just a thought...

-- ShadyG
  • Reply 149 of 152
    Apple is hyping this because they can barely contain the products themselves! :eek:
  • Reply 150 of 152
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    [quote]Originally posted by Macintosh:

<strong>Apple is hyping this because they can barely contain the products themselves! :eek: </strong><hr></blockquote>

Thats not nessesarily good. They probably like flower power too
  • Reply 151 of 152
    [quote]Originally posted by murbot:

<strong>

Great idea! Or, how about:

"We've created something so amazing here, that even murbot will want to hang onto it."

I might just get a Mac I will want to keep more than a month!

I was giggling like a little kid this morning when I saw that Apple homepage. I won't be able to think of anything else for 5 days.</strong><hr></blockquote>

how about his:

"we here at apple think this is HUGE!"

if he says tht then we'll know he is reading our boards!

oh and I bet he will have a bottle of water and a black turtleneck+jeans.

Steve if you do/say/wear all that then we will know FOR SURE that you read the AI boards
  • Reply 152 of 152
    yeah, come on Steve.....I also DARE you to put a codename in the next teaser......