Rumor: Photo shows "iPhone 6" rear shell with cut-out Apple logo

Comments

• Reply 41 of 66
    chazbcnchazbcn Posts: 26member
    I think the same as the previous mock-ups: hideous antenna cuts.
    I'll skip this iPhone generation if this happens to be the real design.
    I like the rounded edges, though
  • Reply 42 of 66
    If the power button is on the side I'm not buying it
  • Reply 43 of 66
    pizdecpizdec Posts: 23member
    May be Apple logo will be made out of sapphire glass to be used as hearbeat scanner or some other health related input devic
  • Reply 44 of 66
    pazuzupazuzu Posts: 1,728member

iPod Touch?

• Reply 45 of 66
    the logo will be lit up like a christmas tree, then watch as the masses flock to the apple stores literally, like moth's to the flame. and all they will get is some idiotic "new feature" ( as if ).

ohhhh look at my new shiny polished "CryPhone", it even comes with a lit up logo of a half bitten apple i am soooooooooooooooooooooooooo cooooooooooooollllllllll oh wait is that the "new"
    CryPhone 7 ? with OMG OMG it has a shiny lit up beze, now i am SUPERRR COOOLLL.
  • Reply 46 of 66
    mjtomlinmjtomlin Posts: 2,673member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

however, it's hard to tell whether the logo is actually cut out or merely polished.

Huh? It's obviously cut out, you can see the shadow.

• Reply 47 of 66
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

Couldn't it work for a 4.7" iPhone?

No; the image comparison shows it’s way too big, yeah?

Originally Posted by Iphone 3gs View Post

If the power button is on the side I'm not buying it

I absolutely hate the idea, too–I’m a gall darn purist, after all. But they don’t think people will be able to get to it if it’s up there, which isn’t true.

• Reply 48 of 66
    ivabignivabign Posts: 61member
    This is the new iphone. No doubt about it. It will look amazing in person. With Apple it is all about the details, and the detailing will be brilliant. All the wailing about the thickness if the antenna bands is silly. Wait until it is in your hand.
  • Reply 49 of 66
    boltsfan17boltsfan17 Posts: 2,294member

I'm really curious about the Apple logo cutout. I wonder if there will be some sort of lighted sensor there for health features? I'm probably in the minority, but a lighted Apple logo on the back would be cool. I'm sure Apple can figure out a way to use the screen light as the light source for a lighted Apple logo. 

• Reply 50 of 66
    nolamacguynolamacguy Posts: 4,758member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by TheWhiteFalcon View Post

That's one of my least favorite 'features' of the Air. That stupid polished Apple logo is a fingerprint and scratch magnet.

ive never even spent one second looking at it let alone worrying about it. who cares if the rear logo has fingerprints on it!? talk about first world problems....

• Reply 51 of 66
    Quote:

Originally Posted by justp1ayin View Post

Probably still fake though cause those antenna separations are horrible.

i dont think so -- you dont get this many different models and images that look just the same. just like, oh, every previous set of leaked photos for each prev generation that also turned out to be real.

• Reply 52 of 66
    Quote:

Originally Posted by tkrunner1738 View Post

I really like the true flash of the 5s it looks really different in this picture, i don't see why they wouldn't keep it

why do you think the didnt? it's not very difficult to imagine both diodes in a single round encloser.

• Reply 53 of 66
    Quote:

Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

Not likely to happen because it's a pointless use of power.

guess you didnt see this case that uses "free" electromagnetic energy already coming out of the phone:

https://www.yahoo.com/tech/this-case-uses-your-iphones-electromagnetic-energy-to-84227090964.html

...so it doesnt waste any power. 

doesnt mean they will, but thats not why they wouldnt.

• Reply 54 of 66
    Quote:

Originally Posted by atokosch View Post

Where is the hole for the True Tone Flash? They cant possibly fit two different colored LED’s in that hole for the True Tone Flash.

why on earth not? of all the technical achievements apple has made, this is the one thing you cant conceive of them doing?

• Reply 55 of 66
    freerangefreerange Posts: 1,597member
    Based on the shadow inside the apple this is definitely a cutout.
  • Reply 56 of 66
    pazuzupazuzu Posts: 1,728member
    Enlarge the logo and turn it sideways- I swear there's a child or a ghost in there. Looks like Casper.
  • Reply 57 of 66
    Quote:

Originally Posted by NolaMacGuy View Post

why do you think the didnt? it's not very difficult to imagine both diodes in a single round encloser.

To me it just doesn't seem to be the same proportions as the 5s maybe its cause I'm using a lifeproof case. But the size of the camera lens and the flash seems odd to me. 

• Reply 58 of 66
    droidftwdroidftw Posts: 1,009member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by NolaMacGuy View Post

guess you didnt see this case that uses "free" electromagnetic energy already coming out of the phone:

https://www.yahoo.com/tech/this-case-uses-your-iphones-electromagnetic-energy-to-84227090964.html

...so it doesnt waste any power. 

doesnt mean they will, but thats not why they wouldnt.

That's pretty stinking awesome!

• Reply 59 of 66
    eric38eric38 Posts: 100member
    The breaks are too wide. Every purported leak has these. Grrrr

Why not have 2mm of plastic on the bottom and top? Oh well, Apple can afford to make a phone that some people don't like, since they're finally releasing a big phone.
  • Reply 60 of 66
    eric38eric38 Posts: 100member
    vl-tone wrote: »
    I suspect that there's a technical/functional reason behind the increased thickness of the antenna separations. Maybe it will also act as a shock absorber and reduce the possibility of breaking the screen if the iPhone 6 is dropped on one of its corners?

What if the separation is made from a new RF transparent LiquidMetal alloy? :) (OK maybe not)

That's exactly my thoughts. Some sort of shock absorber. A screen that never breaks (from drops) or scratches. Huge selling point.