Rumor: Split-screen multitasking on iPad not on tap for WWDC

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 30
    paxmanpaxman Posts: 4,729member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

I agree. I can think of a few cases where it would've been nice if I had a split screen to speed up some editing tasks, but I think the screen would have to be a bit larger for it to be more functional.

If you want to be productive on an iPad I think a keyboard is essential. If so even a split screen would not be as good as the ability to flip apps with CMND-Tab. That would make a huge difference. I never use a keyboard with my iPad but I have long wanted one of those nifty logitech or similar keyboard cases.

• Reply 22 of 30
    curtis hannahcurtis hannah Posts: 1,833member
    If they have split screen in IOS 8, wouldn't it need to be mentioned at WWDC, it's something that might affect an apps interface for the developers.
  • Reply 23 of 30
    suddenly newtonsuddenly newton Posts: 13,819member
    Great reporting AppleInsider, not only did you find out they were working on split screen apps, but you also uncovered when they didn't manage their time well enough to finish the project.. we would have never known it was missing! Thank you guys, I wish other news sites could learn the meaning of true journalism.

Heh. It's not journalism. They publish whatever "reports" analysts send to their inbox, and whatever hot pics the other rumor websites are screaming about.
  • Reply 24 of 30
    os2babaos2baba Posts: 262member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Quiet_Desperation View Post

Watch the side-by-side video here for the Surface version.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/getting-around-tutorial

Very unintuitive.

What is so unintuitive about it?  Discovery?  That's why there is a video.  Once you watch the video and know how to use it, I don't see it being difficult to remember or grasp.

• Reply 25 of 30
    jungmarkjungmark Posts: 6,926member
    os2baba wrote: »
    What is so unintuitive about it?  Discovery?  That's why there is a video.  Once you watch the video and know how to use it, I don't see it being difficult to remember or grasp.

You have to watch a video first. How many of us can program a VCR without reading the instructions. If it's overly complicated, people won't bother with it. I should be able to pick it up and use it.
  • Reply 26 of 30
    slurpyslurpy Posts: 5,384member
    A rumor that a rumored feature that did not have a shred of evidence that existed in the first place, is rumored not to be shown. What a turn of events! My head is going to explode.
  • Reply 27 of 30
    andysolandysol Posts: 2,506member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by paxman View Post

If you want to be productive on an iPad I think a keyboard is essential. If so even a split screen would not be as good as the ability to flip apps with CMND-Tab. That would make a huge difference. I never use a keyboard with my iPad but I have long wanted one of those nifty logitech or similar keyboard cases.

I think the gesture of 4 fingers up and swiping is faster than CMND-Tab.  Typing is def. a pain in the nuts on the iPad if you're typing something huge though, but not much they can do about that, unfortunately

• Reply 28 of 30
    moreckmoreck Posts: 187member
    I don't personally see myself using the feature much, but I hope Apple implements it just to shut people up & take more ammo from MS & Samsung's marketing.
  • Reply 29 of 30
    technarchytechnarchy Posts: 296member

It's a feature I use often of my S5. Having it in iOS would be appreciated.

You'd end up using it more often than you think.

• Reply 30 of 30
    ezhikezhik Posts: 101member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by os2baba View Post

Shh, if Apple hasn't added it, he's not allowed to like it.