Longtime Apple PR head Katie Cotton officially retires

Comments

• Reply 61 of 146
    drblankdrblank Posts: 3,385member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by island hermit View Post

Hahahahahaha... I must have hit a nerve.

I can spot bullshit as well.

Here's an article for you to read.

http://venturebeat.com/2014/05/25/apple-reportedly-freaked-out-about-the-drunken-dr-dre-video/

• Reply 62 of 146
    Good riddance. She has done a horrible job. Apple has been getting attacked by Samsung repeatedly for years and Apple has allowed Samsung to create many false perceptions in the marketplace with very little response. What happened to the Apple that used to attack Microsoft as old and stodgy? Apple definitely needs some new blood in this role.
  • Reply 63 of 146
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    In other words... hearsay.

1) He's also insinuating that if they support Apple's decision they are must be lying. He's so wrapped up in his hatred for the certain type of individual and his successful companies being made a part of Apple that he can't bring himself to be objective or fair about Apple's decision.

2) What he foolishly doesn't comprehend is that Apple has 80,000 direct employees worldwide so no matter what Apple does the odds that at least one employee won't be able to comprehend their corporate decisions. The odds are simply astronomical that at least one person from their retail store employee not understanding why one would use an iPod or iPad to some higher-ups in disagreeing with Ping, the iPod HiFi, getting rid of the Mac clones, or even the naming of products which there have been a few articles discussing how Steve wanted some really stupid names. For some unexplained reason he believes his comment is reasonable and sane.
  • Reply 64 of 146
    drblank wrote: »

Seriously, WTF is wrong with you? You can't spot a baseless fucking rumour from a site looking for page hits? It even says "reportedly" in the goddamn title but now you're using it as proof? :no:
  • Reply 65 of 146
    Quote:

Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

1) He's also insinuating that if they support Apple's decision they are must be lying. He's so wrapped up in his hatred for the certain type of individual and his successful companies being made a part of Apple that he can't bring himself to be objective or fair about Apple's decision.

2) What he foolishly doesn't comprehend is that Apple has 80,000 direct employees worldwide so no matter what Apple does the odds that at least one employee won't be able to comprehend their corporate decisions. The odds are simply astronomical that at least one person from their retail store employee not understanding why one would use an iPod or iPad to some higher-ups in disagreeing with Ping, the iPod HiFi, getting rid of the Mac clones, or even the naming of products which there have been a few articles discussing how Steve wanted some really stupid names. For some unexplained reason he believes his comment is reasonable and sane.

Beats Music wasn't successful.  Beats Electronics was, but I'm not a fan of Beats headphones because I don't think they sound very good when compared to other higher quality brands of equal or higher cost.  

The rest of your dialog is far fetched and REACHING. 

I know Apple has 80,000 employees and I haven't run into any on a personal level that likes the merger that I know on a PERSONAL level.  If they like it, it could be they are a "team player" and don't want to lose their job so they won't admit it for fear of losing their job. 

I'm waiting to see how long it takes for Dre to leave or other high ranking management to "RETIRE".  I would think that some high ranking people in product development leaving would be a huge blow to Apple right now.  I wondering what people actually THINK if they were allowed to speak freely.  In this situation a lot of employees don't want to speak freely due to FEAR of losing their job.

See you are just afraid of more people saying the same thing in fear of the stock going down so you lose money. 

You have bought into the corporate BS.  I don't do that unless I feel it's a positive move.  Time will tell how they manage this, but in the mean time.  Cook is a MORON.  I wonder when he's going to "RETIRE".  I wonder when Cue is going to "RETIRE".  

• Reply 66 of 146
    Beats Music wasn't successful.

Sure, nothing successful about selling a service that came online less 6 months ago for around $500 million¡ What a complete and utter failure¡ :roll eyes:
    I'm waiting to see how long it takes for Dre to leave or other high ranking management to "RETIRE".

Of course you are, because trying to see this purchase from Apple's perspective would just be crazy¡ so instead your only focus is looking for anything that fits your predetermined, racist narrative.
    See you are just afraid of more people saying the same thing in fear of the stock going down so you lose money.

Exactly what I said. If someone disagrees with you they are a liar and you made up some claim that I'm worried about my stock value and yet you don't even know if I own any Apple stock.
  • Reply 67 of 146
    Quote:

Seriously, WTF is wrong with you? You can't spot a baseless fucking rumour from a site looking for page hits? It even says "reportedly" in the goddamn title but now you're using it as proof? image

Oh, I must have hit a nerve.  I don't live in denial. But it seems as though YOU DO.

If there's nothing to hide about the whole event than why wasn't Dr. Dre speaking publicly right along side Iodine, CueBall and Dre at Re/Code?

Why hasn't Dre been at any of these interviews that have been conducted discussing the buyout?  Are they afraid he's going to get confronted about the video or asked questions and he opens his mouth and says something STUPID?

God you guys are already using gang mentality against me...

Sounds like you are living in denial.  Go ahead, let's see how long Dre lasts or other members of upper management.

What is going to happen if there is not a positive response to this at WWDC?  What happens if people in product development leave due to "RETIREMENT"?

Then what are you going to do?  Wake up.

You are living in denial.  Wah, wah, wah, wah.................... Living in denial.......

• Reply 68 of 146
    ericthehalfbeeericthehalfbee Posts: 4,485member
    I do have abilities to find things out that most people are oblivious to.   i don't necessarily look for it, but when I sense something's wrong, I can figure out what the BS is.  

Another added to the block list. Starting early, too. Usually my list doesn't really start growing until after the WWDC Keynote or an iPhone/iPad announcement.
  • Reply 69 of 146
    Quote:

Sure, nothing successful about selling a service that came online less 6 months ago for around $500 million¡ What a complete and utter failure¡ :roll eyes:

Of course you are, because trying to see this purchase from Apple's perspective would just be crazy¡ so instead your only focus is looking for anything that fits your predetermined, racist narrative.

Exactly what I said. If someone disagrees with you they are a liar and you made up some claim that I'm worried about my stock value and yet you don't even know if I own any Apple stock.

There you go again, making false assumptions.  I never said they are lying if they disagree.  Where did I say that? You seem like you are high on something to make these kinds of assumptions or you REALLY have some wild imagination.  You take something someone says and go off on some tangent making up all kinds of crap.

I'm not a racist, why are you constantly bringing that up.  To not like what Dr. Dre and the rap culture is all about is NOT being racist.

I tell you what.  Since you aren't a racist against rap music, go ahead and drive down to Compton and live there and see if you can fit in.  I'd be willing to wager that you wouldn't last more than a minute before you high tailed it out of there.  You would in fear for your life down there. You wouldn't fit in, or prove that you would.  Go ahead and live amongst the rapper community for a year and PROVE It to me.  I've probably hung around and talked to more people that have listened to rap music than you and they were both white and blacks and I know their mentality from seeing it.  You don't even have the GUTS to actually go to a rap concert.   Go ahead, go to a rap concert, Enjoy your sense of non-racist attitude for a couple of hours.  You are, as they say, a hypocrite.

There are a lot of other styles of music like country that I'm not a big fan of.  I've played that music before and have listened to it.  I don't have a single country album in my entire collection.  But at least they have musicians that play REAL musical instruments and actually SING.  But I don't really listen to it for enjoyment, does that mean I'm racist?  I don't like Achy Breaky Heart or Billy Ray Cyrus, does that mean I'm racist?

Go away you bother me with your completely fictitious made up stories.

• Reply 70 of 146
    There you go again, making false assumptions.  I never said they are lying if they disagree.  Where did I say that?

You wrote, "Do you know any employees at Apple really well where you know they aren't going to BS you? If you do, ask them to tell you the truth." which, as I stated, is what you are insinuating with your comment "where you know they aren't going to BS you" because anything other than your pre-determined narrative is BSing you.
    I'm not a racist, why are you constantly bringing that up. To not like what Dr. Dre and the rap culture is all about is NOT being racist. If you think that I am, you really have a psychological problem.

Again, your words in two very long threads where I pointed it out repeatedly but no need to go and find them when you leave the following racist gem in the next paragraph...
    I tell you what. Since you aren't a racist against rap music, go ahead and drive down to Compton and live there and see if you can fit in. I'd be willing to wager that you wouldn't last more than a minute before you high tailed it out of there. You would in fear for your life down there. You wouldn't fit in, or prove that you would. ou wouldn't fit in, or prove that you would. Go ahead and live amongst the rapper community for a year and PROVE It to me. I've probably hung around and talked to more people that have listened to rap music than you and they were both white and blacks and I know their mentality from seeing it. You don't even have the GUTS to actually go to a rap concert. Go ahead, go to a rap concert, Enjoy your sense of non-racist attitude for a couple of hours. You are, as they say, a hypocrite.

1) Here's another racially motivated comment with an added bonus of using the absolutely absurd phrase "racist against rap music." How exactly is music a race?

2) This is also another example of you making assumptions without any evidence.
    There are a lot of other styles of music like country that I'm not a big fan of. I've played that music before and have listened to it. I don't have a single country album in my entire collection. But at least they have musicians that play REAL musical instruments and actually SING. But I don't really listen to it for enjoyment, does that mean I'm racist? I don't like Achy Breaky Heart or Billy Ray Cyrus, does that mean I'm racist?

Go away you bother me with your completely fictitious made up stories.

If you referred to county music as not being real music because it's full of [add stereotypes] then it would be a bigoted comment. Note, it wouldn't be racist — unlike your comments talking about "the blacks" you know that agree with you that rap music isn't music — unless you think that those that like country music to be a race.
  • Reply 71 of 146
    Quote:

Beats Music didn't get that many subscribers and it was losing money right before the buyout, so the Beats Music division isn't seen as a successful business.  It's just Apple's way to buy into the subscription service because CueBall couldn't do it and they are just leveraging the profits from Beats Electronics to overcome the losses and they are hoping that with a price drop in the subscription rate and Apple's marketing that they can get it profitable.  time will tell if/when they can do it and they might have to dump a lot of money in Iovine and Dre's salaries and additional development in the process. So far, i don't see Beats Music as successful, only successful in getting in Tim Crook to buy into it.

I wonder what Dre's final role is going to be.  They'll probably make up some stupid title, not allow him to be interviewed with the media until they can give him canned scripts that he can say without looking like an idiot.   They had to do that with Schwarzenegger because when he went off script, he would put his foot in his mouth and then they had to do a lot of damage control until he was able to go his next speech where he stayed on script.  They had to tape record all of his behind the scenes because he forgot what was said.  TRUE STORY.  Remember those tapes that got released?  That was a laugh riot hearing him speak in that behind the scenes manner because you got a better sense of how he tries to figure out who he can manipulate.

• Reply 72 of 146
    [quote name="drblank" url="/t/180230/longtime-apple-pr-head-katie-cotton-officially-retires/40#post_2543060"]Beats Music didn't get that many subscribers[/QUOTE]

Several hundred thousand in a few months. What losers¡

[QUOTE]...and it was losing money right before the buyout...[/QUOTE]

A start up running in the red within 6 months of launching? Stop the fucking presses!

[QUOTE]...so the Beats Music division isn't seen as a successful business.[/QUOTE]

$500 million for less than 6 months on the market is a failure I'd like to have.
  • Reply 73 of 146
    Quote:

You wrote, "Do you know any employees at Apple really well where you know they aren't going to BS you? If you do, ask them to tell you the truth." which, as I stated, is what you are insinuating with your comment "where you know they aren't going to BS you" because anything other than your pre-determined narrative is BSing you.

Again, your words in two very long threads where I pointed it out repeatedly but no need to go and find them when you leave the following racist gem in the next paragraph...

1) Here's another racially motivated comment with an added bonus of using the absolutely absurd phrase "racist against rap music." How exactly is music a race?

2) This is also another example of you making assumptions without any evidence.

If you referred to county music as not being real music because it's full of [add stereotypes] then it would be a bigoted comment. Note, it wouldn't be racist — unlike your comments talking about "the blacks" you know that agree with you that rap music isn't music — unless you think that those that like country music to be a race.

I never referred to country music as not being REAL music because it is REAL music, I don't listen to it on a regular basis because I haven't found too much of it that I really like enough to want to listen to it more than just the occasional times when it's on a soundtrack in a movie, TV show, or just being played somewhere publicly. But i don't see Country music as damaging to society as the rap culture.  It's certainly a much higher form of music. 

Where did I state that country music isn't real?  Please cite where I said that. You fully did NOT READ.  Go RE-READ EXACTLY WHAT I WROTE AND REPEAT IT BACK OUT LOUD SLOWLY.  NO WHERE DID I SAY COUNTRY MUSIC WASN'T REAL MUSIC.  Please quote me where I said that.

If you won't attend a rap concert, then you are a hypocrite. Do you even have any music in your collection that contains rap music? Have you ever hung out with people that are knowledgeable about rap music? I've been to concerts where they were rapping, I've listened to rap music since it came on the scene (from my perspective) in the early 80's which was my first awareness of rap music. But back then they didn't use drum machines, samplers, and sequencers to replace musicians.

• Reply 74 of 146
    I never referred to country music as not being REAL music […] Where did I state that country music isn't real? Please cite where I said that

You either don't know what a conditional clause is or this is simply the most pathetic trolling AI has ever seen. :no:
    Go RE-READ

Irony.
  • Reply 75 of 146
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack Baker View Post

Good riddance. She has done a horrible job. Apple has been getting attacked by Samsung repeatedly for years and Apple has allowed Samsung to create many false perceptions in the marketplace with very little response. What happened to the Apple that used to attack Microsoft as old and stodgy? Apple definitely needs some new blood in this role.

in corporations as big as Apple, lawyers are VERY much part of deciding how Apple responds to things on a public level.  I've worked for corporations and know others that have worked for large corporations that are targets for lawsuits.

They don't like PR or others saying things publicly when you think they should for LEGAL reasons. She was most likely told not to bring attention to it and take the high road and let things blow over.  If she got on the attack against Samsung, then it just adds fuel to a fire they are trying to contain by not talking about it.  this is common practice in those types of situations.

It's the same reason why Apple most likely doesn't allow Dre in these recent interviews at ReCode.  Why wasn't he there speaking and discussing his role, etc. etc. along side everyone else?  To detract the media and public away from the released videos.

• Reply 76 of 146
    calicali Posts: 3,494member

If there's nothing to hide about the whole event than why wasn't Dr. Dre speaking publicly right along side Iodine, CueBall and Dre at Re/Code?

Iodine?

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iodine

Dr. Dre not at the conference with dre?

I know you're pissed off and it's hard to concentrate drwhatever, but please take a deep breath and try again.
  • Reply 77 of 146
    calicali Posts: 3,494member
    I don't she wants to do anything with Dre and is probably disgusted with what his music represents.

but Dr. Dre doesn't make music remembah??
  • Reply 78 of 146
    flaneurflaneur Posts: 4,526member
    rogifan wrote: »
    Thank god there are some sane people at Apple. This idea that Apple will save the music industry or bridge the divide between Hollywood and Silicon Valley is nonsense. Beats needed to be saved and Apple needed streaming music. Iovine suckered Apple into doing this deal. Unfortunately now Ive's team is stuck with the design of these overpriced products and Schiller is stuck selling and marketing them.

Ooo, I see we have a new troll meme. Iovine suckered Apple. That should add to your credibility here.
  • Reply 79 of 146
    cali wrote: »
    but Dr. Dre doesn't make music remembah??

You're right. I was just being nice because he and the other rappers call it music.
  • Reply 80 of 146
    [quote name="cali" url="/t/180230/longtime-apple-pr-head-katie-cotton-officially-retires/40#post_2543066"]
    Iodine?

[URL]http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iodine[/URL]

Dr. Dre not at the conference with dre?

I know you're pissed off and it's hard to concentrate drwhatever, but please take a deep breath and try again.[/quote

It was a typo, it should have been cook.