Beats acquisition to result in first and only Apple apps for Android & Windows Phone

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 48
    darkvaderdarkvader Posts: 1,146member

Apple should release iWork for Windoze and Linux.

• Reply 42 of 48
    crowleycrowley Posts: 10,453member
    Why? Of its many acquisitions, Apple has only ever kept one brand name around. Ever.

FileMaker. Now down to one product.
    Beats are also the product though, they're all "Beats headphones" whether they're the Solo model, or any of the other half dozen models they have. Apple do sometimes keep identifiable product names around - Logic, Final Cut, Siri.
  • Reply 43 of 48
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

1) Are you sure that's the only one? Wouldn't Siri still count as a "brand name" they kept?

Good point, but Siri was also the product’s name and the only product from said company.

3) I like the name Beats. I think it fits Apple's simple branding nomenclature to a tee. 

• Reply 44 of 48
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,612member

Siri wasn't their only product. SRI International, the creator of Siri, is still in business. Desti, another of their developments in AI, was just scooped up by Nokia in the past couple of days.
    http://www.sri.com/engage/ventures
  • Reply 45 of 48
    macduckmacduck Posts: 8member
    apple ][ wrote: »
    I'm a believer in tech segregation and I believe that iOS users should not mingle with Android users, and I definitely don't believe that Apple should make iMessage available for any Android devices.

This is so true! My wife bought an Android phone, so I while she was sleeping I cut her up and stuck the body parts in the freezer, there is no way our kids can live with their mummy being a fan droid!
  • Reply 46 of 48
    macduckmacduck Posts: 8member
    Is every post held for moderation now? Wow if so you'll kill any idea of joining
  • Reply 47 of 48
    clemynxclemynx Posts: 1,552member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

1) Are you sure that's the only one? Wouldn't Siri still count as a "brand name" they kept?

2) I think the why is obvious if Beats really does control the headphone market's revenue and profits.

3) I like the name Beats. I think it fits Apple's simple branding nomenclature to a tee.

I think they made a good choice in purchasing Beats, but I have to admit that I am myself not at all interested in their headphones and was surprised when I heard about them.

Their headphones with their ostentatious 'b' seemed out of place with a brand such as Apple which is way more subtle, even when they use the apple logo.

It's certainly an important change in business for Apple, but I'm sure they are mature enough to keep a new brand without losing focus.

• Reply 48 of 48
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    clemynx wrote: »
    I think they made a good choice in purchasing Beats, but I have to admit that I am myself not at all interested in their headphones and was surprised when I heard about them.
    Their headphones with their ostentatious 'b' seemed out of place with a brand such as Apple which is way more subtle, even when they use the apple logo.
    It's certainly an important change in business for Apple, but I'm sure they are mature enough to keep a new brand without losing focus.

I think that lowercase 'b' looks less ostentatious than the Apple logo, and their in-ear phones with mics stand out less than Apple's white EarPods.