WWDC attendees get 2014 jacket, $25 iTunes gift card

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 50
    vaporlandvaporland Posts: 358member
    ascii wrote: »
    solipsismx wrote: »
    My issue is that they could have bought themselves their own $25 GCs. 60 of them! I guess the plastic has its own design but that's not exactly what I call a collectable. I would have rather seen something a little more memorable. A GC just feels like no thought went into it.
    Yes, that's true. With a little thought it's often possible to come up with inexpensive gifts that still blow people's socks off.

When they look under their seats at the keynote, they'll find the keys to a Monte Carlo.
  • Reply 42 of 50
    slurpy wrote: »
    $99 a year? Wow, the HORROR. Also, if you're spending $1500 to attend WWDC simply for the Keynote, I don't know what to say. 
    That's what I get for leaving off the sarcasm tag. I thought it was obvious, but I guess not obvious enough.
  • Reply 43 of 50
    kevin keekevin kee Posts: 1,289member

LOL kids these days do not know what investment is.

O wait, you purposely left out the /s too? Nvm then.

• Reply 44 of 50
    benjamin frostbenjamin frost Posts: 7,203member
    slurpy wrote: »
    Apple. What a ripoff company. Charging fifteen hundred just to watch them announce some lame upgrades and having the nerve to charge developers $99 a year for the privilege of writing software for Apple devices.

On top of that they make you buy a Mac. Where's my Windows version of Xcode? Even worse X2, they don't make a Linux version. Everyone knows all the talented coders use Linux.

$99 a year? Wow, the HORROR. Also, if you're spending $1500 to attend WWDC simply for the Keynote, I don't know what to say. 

Come on, Slurpy, you know Mr. Bee didn't need the /s tag. Or maybe you were being sarcastic too!
  • Reply 45 of 50
    jungmarkjungmark Posts: 6,926member
    Come on, Slurpy, you know Mr. Bee didn't need the /s tag. Or maybe you were being sarcastic too!

Doesn't double sarcasm cause a rip in the space-time continuum?
  • Reply 46 of 50
    thewhitefalconthewhitefalcon Posts: 4,453member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Suddenly Newton View Post

There was a WWDC, maybe 10+ years ago where Apple automatically entered every attendee into a drawing to win a brand new top-tier Mac every hour (I think it was like a Powerbook model). The number attendees was really small, so I calculated that 20% of the developers got free computers. Steve himself drew the first two or three names during the keynote that year. I've seen the video on YouTube, but I CANNOT FOR THE LIFE OF ME FIND THE VIDEO. Google's search bubble thinks I want news about WWDC2014 (or spam about free Powerbooks) and won't serve up what I'm looking for. Anyhow, if someone can link the video, that would be appreciated, or I'll add it later if I can find it.

Isn't that the one where he pulls out the first name and says something to the effect of "No way, Steve Jobs!"?

• Reply 47 of 50
    damn_its_hotdamn_its_hot Posts: 1,209member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by jpellino View Post

Still have my '89 shirt & badge.  

I have my shirt (light blue work shirt with the Apple Computer Inc logo - complete with construction lines). It has an Architectural theme. It came with a folder w/ pad that was covered in clear (matte) plastic and printed with the same theme art. Last day (Friday) before leaving they gave us a nice heavy beer stein again with the same art. I had all three, shirt never worn, pad only used for limited notes at conference and my immaculate beer mug. Almost 1 year to the day after my wife and I married I heard a crash, a forlorn whimper and the concerned sound of my wife calling my name. Yes, she had broken my carefully preserved mug (into too many pcs. to count). She said she noticed I never used it and thought it was quite cool and should be used. I also have the T-shirts and group or project related shirts -- not unusual for me to come home with a dozen or more -- from the next Apple 10 conferences along with MacApp, un*x, 3D Visuialization, ODP, Siggraph, MacHack, etc... my whole point is that was probably the best swag I got at any of those. I explained to her that I had every intention of using it but wanted to wait a while when it would reach a higher 'cool quotient'. I was not pleased but could not place blame on her because she didn't know the significance.

I also have numerous vendor shirts, Koozies, and free software.

• Reply 48 of 50
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Originally Posted by jungmark View Post

Doesn't double sarcasm cause a rip in the space-time continuum?

The only thing that really comes to mind is “You’ll attract more trolls with sarcasm than you will with fact.

• Reply 49 of 50
    Awesome! this site just gave me a iTunes Card Code for free! Got it at http://linkbitty.com/freeitunes2014